PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry for '99 Civic CXI

philip_pc
30-01-2007, 09:09 PM
i wanna get this done, but have checked a few places and the labour fee seems a bit of a rip.
just want to know if anyone has attempted this on this car if so what are the outcomes?
is it easy? can anyone provide me with some basic steps to installing it myself?
is it possible to buy one of those kits off ebay and install it on the car?
i have done a broad search and cannot find ones in particular of this car (same model), as some people say that the different years may not have the same installation method and thing.

i've also got a immobiliser on the car at the moment, so if i were to install a keyless entry system would that affect the immobiliser?

ECU-MAN
30-01-2007, 09:38 PM
you can get a cheep cental 2dr locking kit from jaycar for 30 bucks

have a look at some pics (http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/pics/CXi-Central-locking)

the fun part is getting the wire out of the door and into the car. you can cheat and do it ghetto style, but doesnt look nice. its best to run the wire through the rubber tube that the speaker wire goes through.

its posible, but a bitch of a job

if your good you could probably connect it to your keyless entry system.

mrwillz
30-01-2007, 09:48 PM
even at 'jb' they didnt do it properly
jus ran it ghetto style
-_____-
and dey used my power window loom instead of running new lives'
ahhhh

philip_pc
30-01-2007, 10:00 PM
you can get a cheep cental 2dr locking kit from jaycar for 30 bucks

have a look at some pics (http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/pics/CXi-Central-locking)

the fun part is getting the wire out of the door and into the car. you can cheat and do it ghetto style, but doesnt look nice. its best to run the wire through the rubber tube that the speaker wire goes through.

its posible, but a bitch of a job

if your good you could probably connect it to your keyless entry system.

the pics look detailed enough, but i can pretty much understand up to the part which removes the door trim.
from the part starting with the clamp i'm getting confused.
is it possible to get captioned pictures?
also is those pictures for "central locking" only? or is it for Remote central locking?

ECU-MAN
30-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I cant be botherd making a DIY sorry,

mabe later, week or 2.

the clamp is straightening the metal so the actuator sits flush to clear the window and be better supported.

the central locking kit comes with instructons on how to wire it.

pretty much 12v ( fused ) and ground

then you have the option to wire the paulse wires to yoru alarm/immo/keyless entry.

just two wires to the trigger output of your alarm. you need to find them with a multi meter.