PDA

View Full Version : Dog in the back of an Odyssey...

aardvark
30-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

New here, so G'day.

I really, reall want to buy a new Odyssey. The wife and I were looking at a Ford Territory, but after seeing the Odyssey at the motor show last year, my heart was swung.

We have a 3 month old baby and a large dog. By the time the pram goes into the back of the Subaru Forester that we currently have, there's very little room for the dog, let alone anything else. It would seem that the Odyssey would have plenty of room for everything, once one of the second row seats is folded down, and the back row seats are folded into the floor.

However, the wife isn't convinced. She is concerned about the dog sticking his head over the second row seat and slobbering all over the baby. I've contacted Honda to find out if a cargo barrier is available for the car, but it seems there isn't.

So, does anyone here have a way around this? Should I be looking at another vehicle?

Cheers,

Jason

nexace
01-02-2007, 09:21 AM
This is not an easy thing for me to say...but maybe you should consider the Ford. The Odyssey is primary aimed at larger families and haven't really factored in pets. It's a very nice car, but I don't think the Odyssey would suit your needs.

One other thing is, do you want to keep the pram with the dog? Too bad the MDX has been discontinued...but the CRV might be okay - it has cargo barriers available although the vehicle might be a bit too small.

Hope it helps!

Drew
06-02-2007, 07:57 AM
This is a silly comparison...

Next you will compare our broadband packages and pricing to Asia's