PDA

View Full Version : Koni Strut help *URGENT*

tseesinngwailo
30-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey All,

This car is driving me nuts!

I bought a set of Koni Yellows with Eibach springs for the rear of my car off EBAY (don't laugh) and they didnt come with top mounts..

Now, upon pulling my old struts out, I find the centre shaft is 12mm where my standard DA9 ones are 10mm..

So I cant reuse the top mounts without getting new rubber bits and the steel tube that goes inside the rubber mounts..

Does anyone know if Civic struts are 12mm Diameter? (will they have the same bolt holes?) cause I can just go to Honbits at lunch for some old top mounts, or where the hell is a Koni shop anywhere near Seven Hills ?? I have looked at Google and there doesnt seem to be anyone selling them in Sydney that actually have a website..

If anyone has some info, war stories on how they fixed the same issue, please let me know, car is currently up on stands and I really want it fixed by the weekend.

Cheers, Chris

SiReal
30-01-2007, 10:33 PM
well my accord ones are 10mm. brand new konis come with the 12mm metal piece that you are looking for - i ended up using them. perhaps you might have to give the koni distributor a try.

Redteg
04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
My front Konis came with the metal pieces which fit into the stock rubber bushes. I just needed to remove the stock metal piece and hammer the new one in.

I would assume the Civics are also 10mm or so. I have Jamex rear struts off an EF and the shaft fit in the stock DA top mount.

If you're in a hurry, would it be safe to see if you can buy some similar steel tubing? As long as it is of a decent thickness and cut to the correct length I can't see a problem. Just make sure the inner diameter is ok.

Otherwise Heasemans at Tempe (or any other quality suspension supplier) should be able to help you out.