PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Swaybar for VTi-R with ITR LCA's

rikstar
31-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey all,

I have a 98’ Integra VTi-R and i’m planning to fit ITR shocks with the mandatory ITR LCA’s. My question is… if I were to get a rear sway bar from Whiteline would I need to order one for a VTi-R or ITR as I will have ITR LCA’s fitted.

Cheers,

Rik

bennjamin
31-01-2007, 06:42 PM
get the VTiR swaybar. It will fit all the same.

IF you have a ITR then you need the ITR replacement bar , as the reinforcement location is slightly different

rikstar
01-02-2007, 07:43 AM
cool thanks for the confirmation.

ginganggooly
01-02-2007, 08:35 AM
get the VTiR swaybar. It will fit all the same.

IF you have a ITR then you need the ITR replacement bar , as the reinforcement location is slightly different

Are you sure Ben?

Whiteline lists the DC2R and DC2 swaybars as the same part numbers.

bennjamin
01-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Are you sure Ben?

strange , since the DC2 bar = EG = DC4 bar too , and its only 22mm thick. (20/22mm adjustable)
AFAIK the DC2R comes with a 24mm upgrade option ?

Anyway , as the original question was , get the VTiR optional bar and reinforcement to suit :)

euro69
01-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Are you sure Ben?

front are same part number, rears are different. VITR are 18,20 and 22mm
type r is 24mm

rikstar
20-03-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey guys,

I had the rear ITR shocks with Eibach springs installed on my car this weekend along with a Whiteline 22m swaybar. Lots of improvements noticed but there seems to be a noise coming from the rear of the car when I’m driving… it sounds like metal hitting metal sound. I had a quick look underneath the car and the new rear swaybar is sitting very close to the LCA’s. And this looks like the issue… everything else looks like it’s been bolted on tightly.

Has anyone else out there installed ITR LCA’s on a non Type-R teg with a whiteline rear swaybar? If so did you experience the same issue?

bennjamin
20-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Has anyone else out there installed ITR LCA’s on a non Type-R teg with a whiteline rear swaybar? If so did you experience the same issue?

I have ITR LCA's on a EG - and the LCA's are the same bush dimensions as stock. BUT the ITR LCA is thicker than the stock LCA ( double sided rather than single cast metal)
I have seen this issue before - the issue you are having is the swaybar hitting the LCA.
It can be rectified by either replacing the swaybar with a slightly redesigned one , or replace the LCA (and rear suspension) with the stock one.
It hits , because this swaybar wasnt designed for the ITR LCA dimensions.

VeeTec
20-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I have ITR LCA's on a EG - and the LCA's are the same bush dimensions as stock. BUT the ITR LCA is thicker than the stock LCA ( double sided rather than single cast metal)
I have seen this issue before - the issue you are having is the swaybar hitting the LCA.
It can be rectified by either replacing the swaybar with a slightly redesigned one , or replace the LCA (and rear suspension) with the stock one.
It hits , because this swaybar wasnt designed for the ITR LCA dimensions.

pardon my ignorance but if you knew there were issues with this setup why didn't warn the guy in your first post before he went and installed it. Not having a dig at you or anything but noobs like me need all the help we can get. :angel:

Duesta
20-03-2007, 06:00 PM
well being a n00b, it woulda helped to search the topic of whiteline swaybars

anyway, the swaybar hitting the rear LCA's is one of the most common problems most integra owners, among others, experience. If its not the LCA's its usually the exhaust if its a modified exhaust.

bennjamin
20-03-2007, 10:13 PM
pardon my ignorance but if you knew there were issues with this setup why didn't warn the guy in your first post before he went and installed it. Not having a dig at you or anything but noobs like me need all the help we can get. :angel:

the kid asked if to get ITR or vtir bar.
I knew there has been issues with these bars and ITR rear LCA's. Not with my own setup , but it has been the case with a few people. And now i have added info to what is most likely the problem.

Spunkymonkey
23-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Rikstar I'm pretty sure that tinkerbell has a whiteline ITR rear sway on his vtir. Perhaps pm him and see if he has any problems.

b20b
24-03-2007, 11:18 AM
so whats the solution for this problem if you have just outlayed some big ones to get coil overs that only fit itr lca and you have whiteline sway bar...how do you set up these 3 items so there is no problem ...on dc2 vtir....would the new spherical bushes help???

rikstar
26-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Rikstar I'm pretty sure that tinkerbell has a whiteline ITR rear sway on his vtir. Perhaps pm him and see if he has any problems.

Yeah, i think a whiteline ITR rear sway bar would have prevented the issues i'm having now, because that sway bar would have been designed for ITR LCA's. I currently have a whiteline VTi-R rear sway (designed for VTi-R LCA's) bar that is connected to ITR LCA's.

I've already spent $200 on the swaybar so i'll have to put up with the sounds of metal hitting metal. :thumbdwn:

b20b
26-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, i think a whiteline ITR rear sway bar would have prevented the issues i'm having now, because that sway bar would have been designed for ITR LCA's. I currently have a whiteline VTi-R rear sway (designed for VTi-R LCA's) bar that is connected to ITR LCA's.

I've already spent $200 on the swaybar so i'll have to put up with the sounds of metal hitting metal. :thumbdwn:
Do you have the brace that goes between the two swaybar mounts that whiteline sells... does a different swaybar from whiteline come with that set up ....I hope to use itr lca ?????

bennjamin
26-03-2007, 11:20 AM

if you got a ITR rear swaybar , you would of needed bigger / different reinforcement. beaks kit or ASR brace - both of whci are $200-350 ish.
Plus the bar is about $4-500 all up.
The whiteline kit , is cheaper and mostly seems to NOT have the issue you speak of with ITR LCA's.
Its purely a manufacturing process issue. Not all bars seem to be exactly the same made from there.
Have you emails whiteline to discuss options ?

GOODAN
01-04-2007, 03:23 PM
I've recently run into problems with my 22mm Whiteline rear swaybar (for a an Integra V-tiR) using ITR LCA's. Swaybar hits rear LCA's. Brought my car into Fulcrum suspension where I got the bar and currently, they have no solutions for this problem.

Fulcrum have sent my stock bar + the 22mm bar to Whiteline in Sydney, and hopefully they will have answers for me early this week.

I will post up the outcome.

T-onedc2
06-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Surprised no one's brought it up yet but if the sway bar is installed upside down it will sit very close to the lca's and will hit them during driving.

m3ntAL_l2
06-04-2007, 09:58 AM
y get whiteline?? y not just get stock itr sway bar n fit it on to itr lca?!

GOODAN
06-04-2007, 11:39 AM
y get whiteline?? y not just get stock itr sway bar n fit it on to itr lca?!

Find me an ITR sway bar including the brackets for it and I will buy it off ya. Couldn't be f***ed waiting around for months for an ITR bar when whiteline's are just as good and I could get it pretty much straight away.

I didn't anticipate this problem I have encountered nor did Fulcrum at Moorooka.

Spunkymonkey
07-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Goodan I just got my ITR rear sway on...all sweet...

GOODAN
12-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Goodan I just got my ITR rear sway on...all sweet...

Good to hear man, wish I had the patience to find an ITR sway bar. Know where I can get one? Still waiting for bar to come from Whiteline. Slack bastards....

Spunkymonkey
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Just keep an eye out on the forums, as they come up for sale every now and then lol :)

jdm_kid
13-04-2007, 08:15 PM
JDMyard have ITR sway bars .. or just order it from them (:

GOODAN
19-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Fulcrum finally got the whiteline ITR bar which they believed would solve the problem but I informed them of my doubts. Anyways, car got booked in today and surprise surprise - bar still wouldn't fit.

I have no idea why I'm having so much problems fitting a whiteline bar to my car. My mate has fitted 2 such bars with similar LCA's no problems onto Civics.

I'm just gonna find an ITR rear swaybar with the appropriate mounting kit now. What a mission this has become....

m3ntAL_l2
19-04-2007, 06:06 PM
try the wrecks man, picked a itr sway bar last week with brackets for $88

stormridah
24-04-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone tried using the 20mm size instead of 22mm

i *think* this raises the bar slightly... i was going to try it myself but havent had time yet

rikstar
25-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey all, just an update on my issue.

I've manged to come up with a cheap fix to my problem. As you all know the issue was that my 22m Whiteline Swaybar was hitting the LCA's and hence making bloody annoying noises.

I went to SuperCheap and purchased a radiator hose and some cable ties. I cut a small portion of the hose and covered a section of the swaybar that was hitting the swaybar. I used cable ties to hold it in place.

The noise has completely gone. It's a cheap and easy fix to a minor issue. Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/rikstar/IMG_0035.jpg

Spunkymonkey
25-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Cool. Good to see you get it sorted :)