PDA

View Full Version : New Civic VTi drive away dealer price

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jumz
26-07-2008, 07:33 AM
i did...

.k.
26-07-2008, 10:05 AM
they offered floor mats but i didnt want them so we tried to negotiate at 22k and they give me reverse parking sensors but big manager inside said no so got it for just a tad under 22.. have to wait 4-5 weeks for black though wtf!!!!!!!!

Kangaaz
26-07-2008, 11:15 AM
got it for just a tad under 22.. have to wait 4-5 weeks for black though wtf!!!!!!!!

That is a VERY good price, I got mine VTi manual with mats for just over 23K and that is about 2 months ago. Kinda regreting the black colour now, so hard to maintain and every tiny scratches shows.

unity
26-07-2008, 11:38 AM
That is a VERY good price, I got mine VTi manual with mats for just over 23K and that is about 2 months ago. Kinda regreting the black colour now, so hard to maintain and every tiny scratches shows.

How many scrathes do you have?

landmine
26-07-2008, 12:45 PM
sparkle gray
tint
rear parking sensor
floor mat
slim number plate
a tank of petrol

A car without extras for 21K isn't a mission impossible.
However, there is a trade-off between the time and efforts you spend and discount you get.
I reckoned I got a good deal even though it was not the best so I stopped.
Don't bother choosing dealerships, they're all the same, but you may want to choose a friendly sales.

bodaas
26-07-2008, 03:23 PM
did you get genuine floormats?

i m not sure but it got honda emblem on it.. not the embroided one

denot
26-07-2008, 05:24 PM
i m not sure but it got honda emblem on it.. not the embroided one

hmm... not genuine then... -_-"

LXRY
26-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Got a quote a little while ago....

$24,500 (This price is most dealers rock bottom price, to give you a guide)
tinted
mats
5 year warrannty

Tried to push for 22,500 was told they'd throw in extras but couldn't go down on price.

PM me for dealership.

Kangaaz
26-07-2008, 10:24 PM
How many scrathes do you have?

Not counting ones caused by trolleys and vehicles (fixed), there are heaps of tiny hairline scratches. Anything can scratch it, even wiping off dust, everything shows. Silver cars hides everything the best

landmine
26-07-2008, 11:07 PM

$22,400 (This price is most dealers rock bottom price, to give you a guide)
tinted
mats
5 year warrannty

Tried to push for 22,000 was told they'd throw in extras but couldn't go down on price.

PM me for dealership.

alright. looks like we're seeing the same dealer or even same salesperson.
hang on, are you talking about vti manual or auto?

LXRY
27-07-2008, 05:21 AM
alright. looks like we're seeing the same dealer or even same salesperson.
hang on, are you talking about vti manual or auto?

Don't know about the same dealer or salesman....they all have the same rock bottom price doesn't matter which dealer you go too. That's the best price. And that's for auto sorry

bodaas
27-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Don't know about the same dealer or salesman....they all have the same rock bottom price doesn't matter which dealer you go too. That's the best price. And that's for auto sorry

omg 22400 is for auto so cheapppp, below RRP
how much the manual you can get over there??

vampirskiat
27-07-2008, 11:16 AM
After I read this forum, my driveaway deal is nothing.
VTI-L Auto $27000
VTI-L Auto with Tinted, back sensor, with alloy rim $28500 - try to push for $28000but looks like I can ask for more extra for this price.

After I read this tread, I think reasonable driveaway price with tint, mats, back sensor, fog light and alloy rim will be?. Anyone out there any suggestion?

landmine
27-07-2008, 12:38 PM

So are you using a car buying service company?
I'm pretty sure if this is not a low-balling price, it's a rock bottom one for auto.

bodaas
27-07-2008, 03:03 PM
if 22500 for auto

prolly he can get 20k for manual

i was asking for 20k for manual bfore, i didnt get serve at all, tell me to go away
check around for price, even though i bought type r of them

landmine
27-07-2008, 05:06 PM
I want to know what car insurance you guys get for your new Civic?
Is the Honda insurance a good buy?

bodaas
27-07-2008, 05:21 PM

i joined nrma, for VTI i pay $1070,i got 60% no claim bonus,insure full value of the car, i get another new car if accident and write off

for type R i pay $1200, market value, so if accident and write off, i only get pay by market value of the car

yourfather
27-07-2008, 05:24 PM
brother paid 20,500 manual mats and bonnet protector

landmine
27-07-2008, 05:52 PM
i joined nrma, for VTI i pay $1070,i got 60% no claim bonus,insure full value of the car, i get another new car if accident and write off

for type R i pay $1200, market value, so if accident and write off, i only get pay by market value of the car

$1070 is a lot, mate.
the Honda insurance quoted $750 for me, but there are cheaper providers asking for like $600 in the market. Both cover full agreed value.
So if the Honda one offers no obvious advantages I'll go for the cheaper ones.

LXRY
27-07-2008, 05:59 PM
omg 22400 is for auto so cheapppp, below RRP
how much the manual you can get over there??

Sorry but got prices mixed up $24,500

So are you using a car buying service company?
I'm pretty sure if this is not a low-balling price, it's a rock bottom one for auto.

Not using broker......wrong price was meant to be $24,500

jumz
27-07-2008, 07:24 PM

i'm with sgic... its under my wifes name as its based on the youngest driver (23)... we pay $719 for agreed value of $25k + $2k mods on a vti civic manual...

bodaas
27-07-2008, 07:46 PM
$1070 is a lot, mate.
the Honda insurance quoted $750 for me, but there are cheaper providers asking for like $600 in the market. Both cover full agreed value.
So if the Honda one offers no obvious advantages I'll go for the cheaper ones.

i pick nrma, because they offered me 60% no claim bonus,

also, my personal experience bfore when my car got accident and insured by NRMA, the claim process really fast and less hassle

no other choice for me

landmine
27-07-2008, 08:38 PM
i'm with sgic... its under my wifes name as its based on the youngest driver (23)... we pay $719 for agreed value of $25k + $2k mods on a vti civic manual...

oh, that's really low for such a young driver?
I guess she must have top no claim rating before this.

jumz
27-07-2008, 09:29 PM
oh, that's really low for such a young driver?
I guess she must have top no claim rating before this.

shes never had insurance before..

insurance is a lot cheaper here in sa than in nsw

mumu
27-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi does anyone get civic sport auto recently?

I want to get one by next week (in Sydney),

so doing pricing research now.

Could anyone give me an idea of drive away cost? Thanks.

UNLS1
28-07-2008, 09:03 AM

$24,500 (This price is most dealers rock bottom price, to give you a guide)
tinted
mats
5 year warrannty

Tried to push for 22,500 was told they'd throw in extras but couldn't go down on price.

PM me for dealership.

lol is that the rock bottom price for most dealers.

danjoy25
28-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Guessing a sports auto would be atlease $31K driveaway. You got PM

.k.
28-07-2008, 09:19 AM
my friends sister got her civic sport for $32k driveway i think auto and not sure what extras. There was a dealer demo for $29k i saw with <10,000k's forsale i saw at the dealership when i was looking for my car ^^

LXRY
28-07-2008, 06:37 PM
lol is that the rock bottom price for most dealers.

LOL........and I thought he was telling me the truth when he said "you won't get a better price, rock bottom price", all car salesmen are dodgey ;)

What's the best price for a civic (auto) were you work......Courtney & Patterson Honda in heidelberg right?

landmine
28-07-2008, 08:57 PM
LOL........and I thought he was telling me the truth when he said "you won't get a better price, rock bottom price", all car salesmen are dodgey ;)

What's the best price for a civic (auto) were you work......Courtney & Patterson Honda in heidelberg right?

i think the price you originally mentioned is a rock bottom one, but even with that they still have margin.
It's just kind of difficult to get it because the competition in the local market is not intensive enough. In US it's common to get a 10% off RRP drive away price.

UNLS1
29-07-2008, 09:06 AM

lil sif i give my best price on teh net! :D

unity
29-07-2008, 09:31 AM
lil sif i give my best price on teh net! :D

What does it take for a customer to get your best price. Why don't you just see every one as equal and treat every one equally?

Nax
29-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I did a deal for a civic sport, spoiler, mats, tint, bassworks system, bluetooth, and paint protect for around 30k, most dealers are trying to get rid of the older 2007 models so if ur lookin for a new car grab one of them, the 2008 is the same but higher price. ur call.

UNLS1
29-07-2008, 12:38 PM
What does it take for a customer to get your best price. Why don't you just see every one as equal and treat every one equally?

come in and see me! how is this not treating everyone equal?
as far as im concerned everyone is equal.

giving prices out willy nilly is not selling a car.

unity
29-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi UNLS1 I was just talking in general. You sound very fair, decent and friendly. I have just purchased two new Hondas in the last two months so it will be a few years before I'm in the hunt for a new car. If you are still around then I will come in and see you.
I thought from a selling point of view you would judge the sales performance based on the quantity of vehicles sold and not the price which the car is sold. I think cars should all be sold at a single price. Then a good sales person would be judged on extra accessories sold, the number of units sold and ofcourse customer feedback.
By the sounds of it UNLS1 I would think that you do well on all fronts.

Nax
29-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I think that people have given a bad name to the car sales industry and as such treat IT with prejudice. To say that not giving everyone a lowest possible price is silly. In sales u give the best outcome to both parties. If it was the same as every industry, food, health etc, cars would be marked at Maximum profit, and no bargaining would be possible. People dont consider this and think if they dont get it at a loss to the company they got ripped off, which isnt fair to anyone. Long gone are the days of "dodgy" sales people, because the consumer is smarter and the industry has changed. The profit margins arent as big as people think.

And the performance is based on both numbers and quantity, no sense moving 500 cars for a profit of $1, when u could move 1 car for a profit of $500.

Just my thoughts, think about it

unity
29-07-2008, 06:51 PM
I would be happy buying a car at RRP as long as there was decent customer service to go with it. Going by what you read on these forums, and from my own experience, dealing with Honda customer service isn't the most pleasant experience.

UNLS1
29-07-2008, 09:57 PM
honda are big on customer service, evey customer gets their survey and believe me everyone sent back out manager finds out about, if its not perfect and the customer is not happy with the purchase experience then boy do we hear about it.

there are heaps of great honda dealers around ive been with honda for 3.5 years and have met some great sales people.
some of the bad ones give alot of us a bad name.

as far as customer service goes, if i want to go to a retail shop say to buy a fridge, if i meet a sales person, they treat me well, make me feel like my money is very important and can help me understand the product and go through it in great detail ill buy it.

its better leaving knowing u have had fantastic customer service and u leave with a smile on ur face knowing u are 100&#37; happy. its the same in all sales. cars esp.

vampirskiat
29-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Reasonable price to ask for Civic Auto VTI-L driveaway with
Mats, Tint, fog light, alloy rim, paint protect, optional back-sensor

Anyone any idea?

Nax
30-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Well it depends if you are going for an auto or a manual, thats about a 2k difference right there. And depending on the color you want, pearl or mettallic is 300 bux.

With that aside,

mats, 167
tint (depending on brand) between 450-700
fogs, 584
5 spoke alloys, about 900
park sensors, 224
car, 28k-30k depending on trans.

so basically somewhere around the 30-32k mark RRP drive away.

santa3563
30-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Auto VTi-L from Larke Hoskins Honda Homebush $27.5k drive away w/out fog lights n reverse sensor but incl fitted OEm mats and tinting.

landmine
30-07-2008, 10:10 PM
when will the new Civic 2009 be available in Australia? Any idea?

LXRY
30-07-2008, 10:56 PM
honda are big on customer service, evey customer gets their survey and believe me everyone sent back out manager finds out about, if its not perfect and the customer is not happy with the purchase experience then boy do we hear about it.

there are heaps of great honda dealers around ive been with honda for 3.5 years and have met some great sales people.
some of the bad ones give alot of us a bad name.

as far as customer service goes, if i want to go to a retail shop say to buy a fridge, if i meet a sales person, they treat me well, make me feel like my money is very important and can help me understand the product and go through it in great detail ill buy it.

its better leaving knowing u have had fantastic customer service and u leave with a smile on ur face knowing u are 100% happy. its the same in all sales. cars esp.

Gee....spewing I didn't buy my car from you.

The salesmen I dealt with when I bought my car was a gentlemen, gave me a brand new 06 euro lxry for $44,000 auto, tinted windows, mats, 5 year warranty drive away......had/have issues with my car since, salesman couldn't do a thing about it once Honda Aust. got involved his hands were tied......Mr Leigh McNamara (Honda Australia District Service Manager
Southern Region) over at honda aust. got things covered ;)

Gave negative feedback on the 20,000 klm survey, never got a response...:eek: so much for customer satisfaction.

Nax
31-07-2008, 09:12 AM
The surveys arent really ment to be followed up, they are simply a means by which all dealerships are marked. So by marking them badly, it just effects their overall positive score as a dealership, sorta like ebay feedback if you will, except there are alot more aspects. Sorry to hear you had probs with ur car tho, glad that it all worked out in the end tho.

bodaas
31-07-2008, 05:38 PM
when will the new Civic 2009 be available in Australia? Any idea?

what is it gonna be like? i havent seen any new civic concept car yet from the web

.k.
31-07-2008, 07:10 PM
when i asked for parking sensors the first dealership said $500 then the second said $700.. when i asked why the second was so much more they said it was because the other place quoted only the cost price.. seems like went around to different dealerships they all called each other a liar ( firstly, the 22k price they said was a lie and the saleman said ' did he say, what if we can do this price? we're a honest dealership and we wont lie to you like them ' .. ' when he said $450 that was just his cost price, the 700 is what it will cost to have it installed ' .. haha

UNLS1
31-07-2008, 10:31 PM
what is it gonna be like? i havent seen any new civic concept car yet from the web

dont get too excited, its just a mid life update. small changes thats it.
every model has it mid life.

denot
01-08-2008, 10:07 AM

UNLS1 I heard that its going to have projector headlights for the '09 Sports? any "news" you'll be able to share with us? :p

bodaas
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM

i dont even get excited, i wanna know if someone have seen the concept?

why do i have to get excited??

Nax
02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
As of now nothing official has been seen or released, even us at honda have no idea wat it would look like. tho there are some rumors floating around that they ill bring a standard version of the type r hatch, (so basically just a civic hatch) and possibly a hatch version of the civic already out, but as for a model update...nada

civic_07
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Auto VTi-L from Larke Hoskins Honda Homebush $27.5k drive away w/out fog lights n reverse sensor but incl fitted OEm mats and tinting.

hate to say this but we got very bad experience with this dealer, it only lasted like 1/2 hour but my gf vowed never come back to them :thumbdwn:. btw, at that price I could get a much better deal ;).

OK back to the topic, I got my second Civic today, my first one was gone in an accident, you can read more here

I came back to my old dealer RD and for $28,800,MY08 VTi-L, AT, Silver drive away:

- Full bodykit + rear boot spoiler
- Fog lights
- Exhaust Pipe Finisher
- Fitted Mats
- Lock nut

...plus a free Honda gift bag!

Nax
04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
hate to say this but we got very bad experience with this dealer, it only lasted like 1/2 hour but my gf vowed never come back to them :thumbdwn:. btw, at that price I could get a much better deal ;).

OK back to the topic, I got my second Civic today, my first one was gone in an accident, you can read more here

I came back to my old dealer RD and for $28,800,MY08 VTi-L, AT, Silver drive away:

- Full bodykit + rear boot spoiler
- Fog lights
- Exhaust Pipe Finisher
- Fitted Mats
- Lock nut

...plus a free Honda gift bag!

thats not a bad deal at all. was it a demo or brand new? either way tho, rare for them to have a civic kitted, from wat ive seen most of the dealers think its a waste of time, I personally dont but ya know.

civic_07
04-08-2008, 03:31 PM
^^^ it's a brand new car, 06/08 to be exact, they got it for me from their holding yard, there was still some kind of protection glue/wrap or whatever left on the car, they were still busy cleaning out all the tiny bits, made it more shiny I guessed :D. The car only been there for 2 days b4 I picked it up, they put it in the centre of their show room with red baloons all over it!

howy
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
hey civic_07, good to hear you've got your new car now :)

get some pics of it please! hehe.

MrSteve
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
hey guys,

Im about to buy a new honda, paid my deposit etc all ready, this is what im getting.

2008 Honda Civic VTI Automatic (rrp $26,990 drive away)
getting for $24,000 DRIVE away,

lifetime paint/scratch protection,
lifetime dash board etc protection,
lifetime seat protection,
Darkest legal tinting,
getting this package for $1800,

Rear parking sensors,
rear spoiler,
$1200

Im picking it up this week, is this an ok deal or can i get shitloads better

bodaas
04-08-2008, 07:13 PM
paint protection cost 1800?? are you serious?? i thought its only 500-700 dolars

so whats the price in your contract

howy
04-08-2008, 07:28 PM
hey guys,

Im about to buy a new honda, paid my deposit etc all ready, this is what im getting.

2008 Honda Civic VTI Automatic (rrp $26,990 drive away)
getting for $24,000 DRIVE away,

Darkest legal tinting,

Rear parking sensors,
rear spoiler,
$1200

Im picking it up this week, is this an ok deal or can i get shitloads better

To be honest, you can get window tinting done elsewhere and paint protection for much cheaper.

Rear parking sensors and rear spoiler sounds about right from the dealer ($500-650 for sensors + install and another $500-600 for spoiler + install).

I think you should be able to get a better overall deal. You can take a look through the previous posts from people on this forum and their deals, that should give you some idea of what's good and what's not.

MrSteve
04-08-2008, 07:39 PM
well this is what they offering me! with the paint protection/tinting etc package, they said they giving it to me for the same price as the 6 year warranty. They also said the rear spoiler and parking sensors are $2000 RRP, they dropped $800 for me.

So am i getting ripped? This is my first new car, im not rich lol, so im expecting this to last a lifetime basically. i was doing it through finance with them also.

If you guys know any1 who can do way betetr as a package all in 1 finance deal i happily do it! i prob lose my $500 deposit tho! but they said i can pick it up THIS wednesday!

By the way I'm in melbourne.

I heard the tinting isnt that dark from the dealer, shoudl I go with someone else? I be gettign the car through finance. I have an $8000 credit card limit, I can always get the tinting and other stuff done and put on my card if i need to. I just figured get it all at the one place lol!. Well yeah if any1 thinks i should change my mind let me know, cause they said go to pick it up wednesday!

landmine
04-08-2008, 08:59 PM
well this is what they offering me! with the paint protection/tinting etc package, they said they giving it to me for the same price as the 6 year warranty. They also said the rear spoiler and parking sensors are $2000 RRP, they dropped $800 for me.

So am i getting ripped? This is my first new car, im not rich lol, so im expecting this to last a lifetime basically. i was doing it through finance with them also.

If you guys know any1 who can do way betetr as a package all in 1 finance deal i happily do it! i prob lose my $500 deposit tho! but they said i can pick it up THIS wednesday!

I heard the tinting isnt that dark from the dealer, shoudl I go with someone else? I be gettign the car through finance. I have an $8000 credit card limit, I can always get the tinting and other stuff done and put on my card if i need to. I just figured get it all at the one place lol!. Well yeah if any1 thinks i should change my mind let me know, cause they said go to pick it up wednesday!

If it's a VTi not VTi-L, and if your contract price is 26000 in total I think they've charged you $1000-1500 more than an average deal. If you're really not that rich then think about it lol. It will be a trouble to forfeit the contract in my opinion, they will certainly threaten you for that and you may also feel kinda guilty. So only do it if you have to

MrSteve
04-08-2008, 09:53 PM
paint protection cost 1800?? are you serious?? i thought its only 500-700 dolars

so whats the price in your contract

Darkest legal tinting,

Its not just the paint for 1800, its all this lol!

howy
04-08-2008, 11:33 PM

RRP is basically RRP and it's usually a outrageous price, Rick Damelian quoted me $990 for reverse parking sensors to be installed.

Sure that could be RRP, but I called up other dealers and the average price range turned out to be around $550. That's a massive difference.

I ended up buying a set of sensors from China and installed them in myself.

Sensors only cost about $70ish from memory.

As for the spoiler, I ended getting an aftermarket Type R replica spoiler and that ended up costing me $550. Looks way better than the OEM modulo one IMO.

Sometimes it is cheaper to get it elsewhere because dealers are out to get commission.

clayton4115
05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
why do so many ppl buy brand new cars, when you can get something near new (2 years old) for thousands and thousands of dollars cheaper?

MrSteve
05-08-2008, 10:23 AM
why do so many ppl buy brand new cars, when you can get something near new (2 years old) for thousands and thousands of dollars cheaper?

Reason i'm going for brand new is, brand new model, better fuel efficiency, better design, and its brand new, its something I intend to keep for its lifetime lol. I wanted something really fuel efficient so don't mind paying the extra on a brand new car cause on the long run, i be saving on petrol anyway. I have a 6 cylinder at the moment, and with my repayments and petrol etc, i be paying around the same total anyway so it is worth it.

Nax
05-08-2008, 10:29 AM
personally dude i wouldnt get that package, paint protect is good but all that interrior stuff, unless u have kids generally ull never need it. the parking sensors and spoiler are overpriced, have no idea how they came up with 1200 but who knows.

buying new is smart for all the above reasons, plus alot of people like to have the newest stuff, newest model etc. or they just dont like the older models or want to wait 2 years to buy the one they are looking at lol

jumz
05-08-2008, 10:51 AM
personally dude i wouldnt get that package, paint protect is good but all that interrior stuff, unless u have kids generally ull never need it. the parking sensors and spoiler are overpriced, have no idea how they came up with 1200 but who knows.

buying new is smart for all the above reasons, plus alot of people like to have the newest stuff, newest model etc. or they just dont like the older models or want to wait 2 years to buy the one they are looking at lol

i bought mine brand new as my wife loves the new car smell.. lol

we nearly bought a 2007 standard manual euro with 16k on the clock for the same price but opted for the brand new car... we figured insurance premiums and the need for premium unleaded fuel would ending up costing more in the end...

Nax
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
well technicallly speaking premuim fuel pays for itself by boosting performance and lasting longer. u may pay a bit more at the pump but u dont have to fill up as much so it balances out and is better for your car in the long run

MrSteve
05-08-2008, 11:04 AM
well technicallly speaking premuim fuel pays for itself by boosting performance and lasting longer. u may pay a bit more at the pump but u dont have to fill up as much so it balances out and is better for your car in the long run

Ive always used the normal fuel myself lol...mmmm when i get my new car, i might use the better fuel then lol

clayton4115
05-08-2008, 11:08 AM
from an emotional point of view it makes sense, but from a financial point it doesnt.

Nax
05-08-2008, 11:19 AM
well do the maths, u get on average about 25ks extra per tank with premium, u pay average 6 cents more a litre, so if u get say 70 litres thats only an extra 4.20, average honda is say 8litres per 100kms, so if 8 goes into 70 8.75 times, ur getting 8.5 x 100 which is 875kms, if u get an extra 25 thats 900kms, divide by 8.75 u get 102kms per 8 litres. divide 8 by 102 x 100 u get 7.8, so basically to summarize

use premium, get .2 a litre better economy for 6c per litre more,

this is just a rough thing to show that its better, and the benifits far outweigh the cost both in longterm and in shorterm because it means your car is burning cleaner, preventing carbon buildup and its better for the environment too!

jumz
05-08-2008, 07:52 PM
yeah but manual vti is 6.9l/100km = still cheaper

Havocwreaker
05-08-2008, 07:53 PM
You actually get 6.9l/100k? I usually return about 8.5.

clayton4115
06-08-2008, 09:58 AM
just filled up today 455 kms, 34.50 litres 133 c/litre.

Nax
06-08-2008, 10:51 AM
i was just saying, if u put the premium in ur 6.9/100 u would get better economy too. the arguement wasnt that having a smaller engine uses less fuel, thats a given, it was that not getting a car cuz it uses premium is moot.

warwick108
06-08-2008, 01:03 PM
yes.. but the overall.. you will still be paying a few cents more to run the car.. even tho you get more out of the premium fuel.. it does not balance out evenly.. you will get more km's out of the premium.. but not as much as you would think in regards to the price difference.

Nax
06-08-2008, 01:22 PM
yes, but in the long run its better for your car, which means down the track it will still be performing at a higher level and as such using less fuel

denot
07-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Mine usually stay about 10-12L/100kms with normal unleaded, but when I use V-Shell Power its around 12-13.5L/100kms... but can feel a bit better car response though...

Nax
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
u get worse consumption out of premium??? i have no idea how that works lol. maybe cuz of the better response u tend to accelerate harder? no clue

warwick108
07-08-2008, 12:37 PM
thats what i was thinking.. when u feel better response.. u would abuse it abit more.. so.. im guessing that is where your extra km's gone to..

denot
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
indeed ^_^

jumz
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
what the? do you guys constantly thrash your cars to get such bad fuel economy?

howy
07-08-2008, 01:04 PM
what the? do you guys constantly thrash your cars to get such bad fuel economy?

People don't have to 'thrash' their cars to get bad fuel economy.

I average around 9-10L/100km and I suppose that's pretty bad, but I don't thrash my car at all.

The main reason why mine's so high is because it's all city driving, a lot of starting and stopping. Then you gotta include the traffic jams and etc...

Nax
07-08-2008, 01:17 PM
ya city driving is the scourge of fuel economy if u do all highway driving ur laughing, but i guess in teh country the fuel is more dear so it balances maybe

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 01:18 PM
get a hybrid then you all will get 3-4/l100kms in city traffic, and jams!

Nax
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
depends which hybrid it is, pruis would be good cuz it only uses electric to accelerate, downside would be enough stop start and u might not be charging enough battery meaning ull hav eto switch to full motor. if u go civic ude get prob 4-5 in city as it uses combo of both engines to accelerate, keeps the revs down which saves the fuel

denot
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
mine is mon-fri city+north sydney driving and sat-sun motorway

Nax
07-08-2008, 01:32 PM
*shudders* blaaaah sydney driving, where happiness goes to die

jumz
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
that explains it...

i live in adelaide - no such thing as traffic.. haha

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
yeah im touting the hybrid, dont know to go with Prius or Honda

Nax
07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
go honda, prius is overpriced and has less features then the civic, plus the civic hybrid looks the same as a normal civic so people wont think your a hippy:D

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
yes, i think the Prius is ugly, but i like the onboard features in it, also the stealth mode, where you can run on low speed in silence, however i like to Honda as it looks hellava lot better and its cheaper too!

Nax
07-08-2008, 02:56 PM
lol only thing stealth mode is useful for is running down pedestrians or sneaking up on hold peoploe n blowing your horn to make them stroke lol

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
lol only thing stealth mode is useful for is running down pedestrians or sneaking up on hold peoploe n blowing your horn to make them stroke lol

and savinga bucket load of fuel!

just imagine all the fuel you save when you are idling at traffic lights or stopped in a traffic jam! the car auto shuts off, amazing technology!

Nax
07-08-2008, 03:04 PM
civic auto shuts off too...

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 03:10 PM
ofcourse it does, great technology for a great car!

brokenback
07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi folks, Newbie here....:wave:

I was looking at purchasing either the Civic Hybrid and Civic VTi-L. I drove both but brought the VTi-L.

I have driven my brothers Prius quite a bit and the test drive on the Civic Hybrid was a chance to compare.

I thought the Civic Hybrid is not quite as refined as the Prius. For example both engines shut off in idle (except the civic stays on facing up a hill...probably to stop roll back) but the Prius starts on battery and switches the engine on once moving. This makes is a seamless transition and quick off the mark..if you could call it that.:zip:

The Honda hybrid does not do this and there is a slight delay between foot off the brake and engine turn on. This is a small delay, probably something you would get used to but it a little annoying.

There are other small gripes like: the rear seat cannot fold down; no bluetooth integration; a roof aerial, not a rear window one;.... but over all the Hybrid is a nice car to drive and alot cheaper than the Prius. I also thought it's CVT is quieter than the Civic VTi Auto.

Anyway I brought the Civic VTi-L, a black little beauty:angel:

My 2cents worth!

edit:

P.S. Nice site..a wealth of information.

Nax
07-08-2008, 03:26 PM
ya there is a slight delay, but its very very slight, if u hit the accelerator there is no delay watsoever tho. the reason the seats dont fold is cuz thats where the batteries are stored, so it gives u a bigger boot and keeps alot of the wieght over the rear axel which is a goodin. bluetooth, god damnit honda i hate you, soooo many people want bluetooth and none come with it standard, but u can get it optioned in.

i like that after comparing prius and civic, u basically went, ahhh hell and got vti-L, classic lol

brokenback
07-08-2008, 03:30 PM
i like that after comparing prius and civic, u basically went, ahhh hell and got vti-L, classic lol

Yeah I'm a noob! I wouldn't buy the Prius anyway...costs too much. A new model is out next year and I suspect it will be a quantum better. We shall see.

There is no Honda option for bluetooth on the Hybrid! I don't know why? maybe Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)? Only speculating.

Nax
07-08-2008, 03:34 PM
as far as i know u can still get honda bluetooth in it according to my sheet, but even then u could get aftermarket bluetooh, not quite as pretty but gets the job done.

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
yea this is the known issue with the accelerator being sluggish in autostart mode, but they say to take you foot off the brake, then give it 1sec or so before apply pressure on the accelerator, then the transition is seamless!

yes the prius and C Hybrid are great cars, however i do have a 7th Gen Civic, which is a beauty to drive so i would probably be more inclined to the Civic Hybrid,

thanks for the little review there on the prius and HH broken back, i havent heard anyone post on the HCH here.

Nax
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
i could...but i sell them so it would be a bit biased lol

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
carn, post a nice review, tempt me more to get a HCH ;->

denot
07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
er... diff topic please... not related at all to Civic Prices... :p

howy
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
er... diff topic please... not related at all to Civic Prices... :p

haha yeh, the dicussion actualy mde me look twice at the name of the thread :p

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
maybe we need a hybrid thread! :p

brokenback
07-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to go OT :eek:but the Hybrid was recently mentioned and I had just driven one and compared it to the Prius and VTi-L.

Anyway since the Hybrid is a jazzed up Civic I thought it worthy of mention.

clayton4115
07-08-2008, 08:27 PM
when did you buy your VTI-L may i ask what the out the door price was?

brokenback
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
when did you buy your VTI-L may i ask what the out the door price was?

Fair enough questions. I wanted mainly the side airbags and 6 stacker CD with audio controls on steering wheel.

I am a disabled returned serviceman (year 2000). I now have a disability thus I am able to purchase motor vehicles GST free and get a few other components (like registration) at reduced cost.

So my purchase price is lower than normal so look away if it hurts: $25900 on road for VTi-L. Incl: mats; fog lights; bluetooth; park sensors.

edit:

I pick car up when it arrives...late this month August.

I really wanted leather wrap steering wheel but it is not an option on VTi-L. Anyone know if this can be done by an auto trimmer?

clayton4115
08-08-2008, 08:45 AM
wow i think thats a great deal for out the door price, i think these prices advertised like $21990 etc etc, is a load of crap, by the time you add all the other on road costs you could easily pay $5k to $7k more!

MrSteve
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Just letting everyone know, I ended up buying the honda civic my08 yesterday. My first new car, and runs like a dream. I don't know much about cars but it seems to pick up a lot better than i thought a 4 cylinder car would. I'm sure it has close to the same power as my old 2000 v6. Still new so not pushing it yet, but I start testing it a lot more down the track. Took it for a drive all night last night, runs smooth as. Extremely happy with this. And yeah I bought the car at yarra honda in Abbottsford, best service ever I reckon. I questioned a lot of things, eg mat protectors, when it was built etc, the sales lady there showed me everything, and not once was she ever misleading or dishonest, that I respect.

The only downside I can think of, is when your trying to reverse, little hard to see, I have the headrest down all the way, yet when I put my arm over to look behind, sometimes moves up and makes it harder to see, other than that, the car by far exceeds my expectations in a new car. Down the track I be looking at maybe 18 inch rims etc.

Nax
09-08-2008, 11:14 AM
glad that you got great service, makes me proud to hear. lol u think the my08 has bad reversing, try doing a type r civic thro a gap with 2 inch clearance on each side in a dealership parking lot, talk about white knuckle.

did u get the manual or the auto if u dont mind me asking.

warwick108
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
mr steve. i got mine from yarra honda abbortsford.. i got a vti 07 black auto for 26000 drive away with rims.. and matts... what about yourself??

MrSteve
11-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I got mine from the same place lol! Ended up getting a packaged deal for $27,000.
This of course includes,
rear spoiler,
rear parking sensors (has 4 on the back, official honda ones of course)
Fitted mats (for the back also, the mats are actually very damn good)
Dark tinting,
Lifetime protection on scratch etc, seating and dashboard etc.

Sound right? It is a MY08 though, I made sure everythign was latest etc lol. I even checked when it was actually built, was only 3 months ago, thats impressive i thought. They did give me the best service too, I had problems with them in the past and brought it up, but they were honest, and most of the discounts they offered without me askign cause of it so that was really nice. (Auto by the way)

I ended up going with Silver, too many ppl have black lol. The spoiler looks great on it too. I'm going to save up and get some nice silver etc 18inch mags and wheels etc, make it look hot as.

Overall, i think its an excellent car, exceeds my expectations to be honest! First car I can fully lean back and relax yet still drive properly. I'm still learning most of the buttons but its all straight forward, i love the extra arm rest, the retractable cup holders and how it closes off etc, its actually quite cool. Can't wait for them mags hehe.

Originally I wasn't going to go with the paint protection cause down the track I woulda loved to maybe get a custom paint job or something, but I ended up deciding against it. I'm thinking, maybe get some unique decals/stickers or something jazz it up a bit! This way can change as I need to, to a different design, while still keeping the paint etc in excellent condition.

As far as add ons go, what else can you do with these babies lol.

MrSteve
11-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Ok didn't think of this but had a look on the main site for the extra features they offer. Damn they have a lot of crap lol.

Anyone got the 'Accent Lighting Set'? Looks ok from the pictures.

The sheepskin seat covers look comfy as, but I got talked into the lifetime seat protection so kind of useless adding stuff like this! Starting to think I shouldn't have went with ANY protections so I can chaneg down the track lol

civic_07
11-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Ok didn't think of this but had a look on the main site for the extra features they offer. Damn they have a lot of crap lol.

Anyone got the 'Accent Lighting Set'? Looks ok from the pictures.

Nah...they are sh*t and totally useless, got them for my first Civic but just not that bright. I swaped that for fog lights on my second car :).

dyljoy
16-08-2008, 11:32 AM
nice change, civic_07, accent lighting set doesn't cost that much as well, u can get them with better quality and cheaper via othe place

civic_07
16-08-2008, 12:15 PM
^^^ yeap, I thought as that too. You can put some nice neons or LEDs in if your into those :D

remember the Mugen garnish I got fr you? They gone in the accident with my first Civic, didn't have any chances at all to remove or look at them, whoever bought the car at NRAM auction got them for free!

dyljoy
16-08-2008, 12:17 PM
oh, that guy should feels lucky, at least he got one mugen item free from your car.

spyda
22-08-2008, 07:42 PM
I got mine from the same place lol! Ended up getting a packaged deal for $27,000.
This of course includes,
rear spoiler,
Dark tinting,

Sound right? It is a MY08 though, I made sure everythign was latest etc lol. I even checked when it was actually built, was only 3 months ago, thats impressive i thought. They did give me the best service too, I had problems with them in the past and brought it up, but they were honest, and most of the discounts they offered without me askign cause of it so that was really nice. (Auto by the way)

I ended up going with Silver, too many ppl have black lol. The spoiler looks great on it too. I'm going to save up and get some nice silver etc 18inch mags and wheels etc, make it look hot as.

Overall, i think its an excellent car, exceeds my expectations to be honest! First car I can fully lean back and relax yet still drive properly. I'm still learning most of the buttons but its all straight forward, i love the extra arm rest, the retractable cup holders and how it closes off etc, its actually quite cool. Can't wait for them mags hehe.

Originally I wasn't going to go with the paint protection cause down the track I woulda loved to maybe get a custom paint job or something, but I ended up deciding against it. I'm thinking, maybe get some unique decals/stickers or something jazz it up a bit! This way can change as I need to, to a different design, while still keeping the paint etc in excellent condition.

hi guys

How do you like your civic mate are they overall nice cars i get mine nextweek jee i hope i have made the right choice:)

i bought a honda civic VTI-L Automatic 2008 brand new for $28605 driveaway, price includes
16 INCH ALLOY WHEELS
REAR SPOILER
SIDE SKIRTS
FRONT UNDER SPOILER
REAR UNDER SPOILER
TAILORED CIVIC MATS
TINTED WINDOWS
ENVIROSHEILD
SPARKLING GREY COLOUR WITH (PEARL)
INTERIOR TRIM SET
FOG LIGHTS
EXHAUST PIPE FINISHER
SLIMLINE NUMBER PLATES

will post pics when i get it nextweek

cheers

spyda

clayton4115
24-08-2008, 02:21 PM
wow spyda, seems you got a deal of the century!

spyda
24-08-2008, 04:26 PM
wow spyda, seems you got a deal of the century!

thank you clayton. i thought it was an average deal. i guess i did ok after all.

i went to the dealer on a really cold wet day no one was there so maybe that had something to do with it lol. and i wasnt afraid of getting up and leaving when they wouldnt give me what i wanted.

spyda

spyda
24-08-2008, 04:33 PM
there was also a trade in included in that price of 3500 on my 1997 vt commodore exutive sedan too, sorry i forgot to mention that but im thinking its still quite good for what they through in too. i will post some pics when i get it.

cheers

spyda

spyda
24-08-2008, 04:40 PM
This of course includes,
rear spoiler,
Dark tinting,

What do you think of the two tier dash do you find it hard to see eg parking etc.. can the seat be raised up?

clayton4115
24-08-2008, 09:09 PM
so total cost was $31,605? sounds more reasonable then i think, still alot of extras for $31,605.

Lipan
01-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Can anyone advise me on when the best time to make a purchase on a Civic Sport would be? Near the end of the year perhaps? Thanks in advance.

UNLS1
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
now is the time to buy!

denot
01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
or wait until the new Civic (2010?) comes out :D

dm1984
02-09-2008, 11:47 AM
I just bought my MY08 Civic VTI-L (built in July) and purchased it for 25.8K auto driveaway. had to pay extra for mats and exhaust tip.
anyone know where i can get cheap reverse sensors?

dyljoy
02-09-2008, 11:58 AM
ebay is your good friend, mate

denot
02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
or if you doesnt want ebay, try strathfield, autobarn, auto 1, etc

dm1984
02-09-2008, 01:10 PM
if i get them from eBay does this void my warranty? i used to drive a hatch before my civic and im finding it hard to reverse.. but ive only driven the car for 2 weeks.. :S

dmx
03-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Can anyone advise me on when the best time to make a purchase on a Civic Sport would be? Near the end of the year perhaps? Thanks in advance.
if you want Skyline style rear light, buy now.
if you want new style rear light, buy next year :D

Nax
03-09-2008, 03:52 PM
if i get them from eBay does this void my warranty? i used to drive a hatch before my civic and im finding it hard to reverse.. but ive only driven the car for 2 weeks.. :S

in short, probably yes. if they can find a reason why something breaks due to you putting them in it will void it. so something with wiring going wrong or rust. or just anything that they could somehow half ass tie it back to the sensors

ks_b
20-12-2008, 05:05 PM
hi, I planning to get civic auto with

-Fog lights
-Exhaust pipe finisher
-Tailored floor mats
-Tinted windows
-Parking sensors
-Slim premium plates
-alloy wheels
-5 Year Warranty

do you think all this options for $25k is do able?

spyda
20-12-2008, 06:00 PM
hi, I planned to get civic auto with

-Fog lights
-Exhaust pipe finisher
-Tailored floor mats
-Tinted windows
-Parking sensors
-Slim premium plates
-alloy wheels
-5 Year Warranty

do you think all this options for $25k is do able?

r u going to do a trade in? what civic model r u planning to get?

ks_b
20-12-2008, 06:19 PM
no trade in.... and vti.

i can see probably a bit difficult to get all that for 25k... maybe if take out alloy wheels...

spyda
20-12-2008, 06:43 PM
i dont know what your finacial position is ie finance or cash, i'd say if you were paying cash and show them that you have the control and threaten to walk out if it wasnt the right price then you would probably get it, but i'd think that they would have more control if you were getting finance especially if it was through them but id give it a try first anyway. its a good time to buy a new car now with the world economy the way it is. i wish i had of waited a few more months but i didnt know that this was going to happen. i,m still happy with the price i paid. the way i see it is the car dealer always wins in the end regardless of whether you think you got a good deal or not. its whether you are happy paying the price you have negotiated with them good luck :)

ks_b
20-12-2008, 07:13 PM
thanks spyda. it will be cash... any suggestion for good dealer in south east melbourne and if i can't get it for 25k what should i take out and get it done some where else? i.e. tints?

spyda
20-12-2008, 07:38 PM
tint is an after market purchase through dealer about 400 i think, astoria had a special any two after market sales for 990 eg parking sensors, tint, paint protection, etc..i thought that was good deal sensors are expensive on its own anyway . i bought my vti-l at astoria honda in victoria- east bentleigh south east) i thought the service was very good. you can also get tinted windows from premier window tint bit less in price but i wanted to get everything done within the dealer so i didnt have the hassle later i just wanted to drive lol. tip- ask them up front what the drive away price is first which is (inc. gov charges rego ect..which is around $3000) before you start any haggling then do your price drive away of course then goin to say no cant do it..but just stand your ground and if no good walk out 9 times out of ten they will call you back.

denot
20-12-2008, 09:45 PM
the only good thing to buy during this "crisis" is only if you buy demo/second hand delaer car. new car is prices is still the same if its not ready stock...

kptn82
20-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey dude,

Depends on what you pay with, cash or finance. But what you should do is at least organise your money first either get a pre-approval or ur cash ready, walk in, ask for a new car with all the option you wanted like that and tell them give me a quot, how much you will sell for.

When they give you a number take 15&#37; of and throw it at them. make sure you try and steal a bit more from things like regos, on road etc... there's nothing wrong with asking for it, if they give it, good, if they don't... walk away.

What really happens at dealers is like this, for example, they hold a car for sale 9either demo or brand new at the yard, they still have to pay financin cost for the car, and if they can't sell in this current climate, they are making losses on both ends. So just be prepared to do a bit of negotiating, a bit of searching and most important of all, you have to be able to walk away from the car you like.

Ps: don't bother with the finance they offer you, most of the time there is a commission attached, so if the bank sell to them for 10%, they probably will ad .5 or 1% on top of that.

Have you considered demo car? Some are great condition, and they have to sell before it reaches 10,000km!!

kptn82
20-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Btw, i bought mine second hand with plenty of options for $20,000

The previous owner was a city dweller, so he hardly drove the civic in the 2 years he bought it, odo = 24,000km

it was a Vti-L 06 model with
- reverse sensor,
- 18" Starcorp,
- Exhaust pipe
- Tailord floormat
- Leather seat (i don't know how it was back then, but i thought you can't add leather seat to Vti-L, only the Sports model can have it, can anyone confirm?)

I got the window tinted from a mobile tinter we know, it was $150 if i go to his place (Mt Druitt in sydney) or $180 if he comes to us. Lifetime guarantee with SunTint film (i think it was)

I found if you buy car from the otherside of the bridge (north shore) you tend to find a nice, low Ks and good priced :) Got mine from Bill Buckle

Paul1985
22-12-2008, 05:15 PM
my g/f is trying to get one and only put a deposit on a:
-09 dealer delivered civic vti on the road.

$28,000

Someone tell me where i can get better as she wont listen to me.
Anyone here work in a dealership or can do better???

I need to figure this out within 3 days before the cooling period is over. I wish she wouldnt go in without me and impulse by.

ks_b
22-12-2008, 06:14 PM
hi paul... if you read other people posts on this thread, then u will find that your g/f is playing too much. vti with out any extra options you should be able to get it less than$23,000. (that's what i think anyway according from what other ppl been getting).

Paul1985
22-12-2008, 06:41 PM
hi paul... if you read other people posts on this thread, then u will find that your g/f is playing too much. vti with out any extra options you should be able to get it less than$23,000. (that's what i think anyway according from what other ppl been getting).

This is dealer delivered. They said to her its an 08 compliance plate but 09 spec. What a joke. I would just get an 08 for the $23,790 you can see them advertised for all over carsales.com

For 28 i would take a vti-l with some options included. Otherwise i will try get her a vti for around 24, hopefully with a few options.

It's going to be a pain as she already signed and put a deposit on aswell as applying for finance.

I will call them tomorrow and try bargain with them, if they wont budge on price or sell me the same car in "08 spec" then i'm gonna have to give up her $400 deposit to get the same car cheaper elsewhere. I'm not paying 28 when they are 23,790 as i mentioned..

She is firm on it having to be new, black and in A/T. (There are heaps of new 08 delivered ones for the above mentioned prices on carsales).

Anyone who works in a dealership here wants our business... or anyone know someone who can give us a good deal for our business. Let me know ASAP tonight or early tomorrow before i get on the phone to the dealership.

bodaas
22-12-2008, 08:09 PM
you should ask them what option you get? you never know.. such parking sensor, spoiler kit,,paint protection etc,, it costs more,
could reach vti-l price

i heard few changes for 09 civic, like rear tailight, front bumper,, i also not sure about that, just ask them

i paid mine somewhere around 24100 or 25100, i forgot exactly,
i bought white,auto, tint, floor mat, thats all i got from them

also, if they dont have the colour that you want, they also charge you extra .. for sure

brokenback
22-12-2008, 08:55 PM
This is dealer delivered. They said to her its an 08 compliance plate but 09 spec. What a joke. I would just get an 08 for the $23,790 you can see them advertised for all over carsales.com

They are robbing you/her blind! Vti...2008 should be around $24k and less right now.

Don't try to bargain....use the cool off and cnx the deal, shop around my man.

denot
22-12-2008, 11:02 PM
28k is a rip off... unless the 09 model has k20A!!!!

i-vtec
23-12-2008, 10:11 AM
i paid 24,300 with tints, weathershields, carpets, mudflaps, tailpipe tips, cargo boot tray, side step garnish and got that in grey.
you can do much better.

Paul1985
24-12-2008, 12:44 AM
well my g/f messed up..

Went in without saying anything and now they signed her upto a 09 spec vti for $28k without any options. They made her sign the cooling-off period waiver so that she cnt get out of it. I was on the phone all day trying to work things out. I did manage to find a deal at a different dealer for 24.5k for 08 model auto with tint and floor mats

I am so pissed off with the dealers and was equally annoyed with her not approaching me before going ahead with a motor vehicle purchase. The way it is done is complete bullshit if you ask me. My g/f thought she was able to get out of it.

Ah well. She has learnt the hard way and these dealers will NEVER EVER get my business again and im a honda enthusiast and will no doubt buy another one and many honda parts. They wont even throw in some tint/mats/anything at all and they have charged her an insane amount if you ask me. I tryed reasoning with them and the manager couldnt care less.

bodaas
24-12-2008, 01:06 AM
28k without option, thats rip off,, you can get oem bodykit with that price

cancel the deal,, better paying 25000 than 28000

warwick108
24-12-2008, 01:20 AM
you should be able to get out of the deal.. however you will lose your deposit.. which in the end, still would be cheaper than what your paying..

Paul1985
24-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Everyone keeps telling me get out of the deal but they had my g/f sign to waive the cooling off period which means she is locked into it. They didnt explain this properly to her and she signed. I would gladly throw the deposit away if i were able to get out of it.

I tryed reasoning with the morons most the day to no avail.

The only way of getting out is:
-the dealers discretion (they are pricks and werent willing to help out)
-if i try take them to court (which i would lose most likely anyway). They may not wanna waste time and money with this though and let us out of the deal.

In the end, they seen my g/f coming and sucked her right in and she fell for the bait.
It sucks real bad, especially the fact they wont even throw in some options and offered her to pay another 1k on top for tint and paint protection.

Im really pissed off with it all, nothing i can do. It is absolute bullshit how they can lock you into a deal so easy within less than 1 day. It needs to be a hell of alot more clear what you are signing as the dealers sure dont wanna tell you what you are signing correctly...

On the bright side, at least she's getting a new car, even if it is a bone stock vti.

Shimian
24-12-2008, 06:38 AM
umm sorry for my ignorance, but when was a VTI ever $28k driveaway? I thought max would be $25k for auto. Unless 09 models has gone up in price??? You were clearly ripped off. Im pretty sure you can get out of it even if you signed a waiver. You were clearly tricked into a contact if you are paying more than RRP. Take it further if they dont give you a refund.

warwick108
24-12-2008, 10:16 AM
yeh..I dont see why you cant get out of it.. you can see there is clear intention of RIPOFFNESS.. lol.. your paying more than freaking rrp..lol.. talk to a lawyer.. your able to get out of a pre-nutrial these if you try hard enough..I dont see why you cant get out of this..

Paul1985
24-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Well some other dealers told me the 09 model has a RRP increase of about $1200 - $1500. Cant remember.

What about drive-away costs though?

Paul1985
24-12-2008, 11:58 AM
yeh..I dont see why you cant get out of it.. you can see there is clear intention of RIPOFFNESS.. lol.. your paying more than freaking rrp..lol.. talk to a lawyer.. your able to get out of a pre-nutrial these if you try hard enough..I dont see why you cant get out of this..

You are right.
$28,000 for an 09 vti with no options on the road ($29k with the tint and car protection).

The 08 auto VTI RRP's at $23,790 minus on-road costs and minus a metallic paint job

So an 08 Auto VTI in metallic black should retail at $24,185.

So, the 09 model has a RRP increase of about $1500 ive been told a couple of times.

That should make the retail of the car my g/f is purchasing $25,685 approximately.

Now the on-road costs need adding in, but usually you get some sort of a deal and im sure you shouldnt have to pay the RRP of the car and almost $3000 in on-road costs.

I want to see a lawyer but i dont think my g/f does. She doesnt seem to care like i do.

It's making me so angry. I feel like going in there and causing a huge scene but it would get me nowhere as im just furious and would end up doing something stupid.

I hope they feel very proud for ripping someone off. I hope karma gets them and someone rips them off 10x worse. They are heartless and cant be reasoned with at all.

I dont think there is much i can do now. Ive explained to my g/f how badly these guys have ripped her off and im going to tell her that if she wants to take it further which she should, then she needs to contact the VACCC, ombudsmen, lawyers and whoever else... im not sure, never had to deal with any issue like this before.

kptn82
24-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Dude, name and shame the dealer so someone else won't make thesame mistake.

bodaas
24-12-2008, 06:50 PM
lawyer and complaining,, it just waste of time and extra money, it is not worth to do for 400 bucks

just let it go,, thats life, peoples have been ripped off so many times,,

the best thing to do, just cancel the deal, find other dealer, i believe you can get somweher around 24k ,,, + deposit that you loose = so somwhere around 25k
its still reasonable price

Paul1985
24-12-2008, 08:07 PM
lawyer and complaining,, it just waste of time and extra money, it is not worth to do for 400 bucks

just let it go,, thats life, peoples have been ripped off so many times,,

the best thing to do, just cancel the deal, find other dealer, i believe you can get somweher around 24k ,,, + deposit that you loose = so somwhere around 25k
its still reasonable price

You are right, people have been ripped off many times i guess and sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it which is what we are having to do now.

You are missing what the whole issue here was though.

The reason im complaining is because the dealer wont let us out of the deal. I would gladly leave the $400 deposit behind for my g/f's mistake but they made her sign a waiver which locks her into buying the car and cancels the cooling off period. She cannot get out of it and she didnt realise what she had signed. Partly her fault yes, but it should be clearer and easier to get out of the deal than that. The only way out is by the discretion of the dealership and they are a bunch of heartless conmen IMO who would no doubt be rubbing there hands together at the sale they have made here.

I want to name and shame them, but im not sure im allowed to do this under the forum rules.

My big advice is to advise all your g/f's or friends to always do research when looking into a new car. I recommend not letting someone you know go buy a car by themselves. Talk to all your relatives and friends before signing anything.

AND DO NOT SIGN A COOLING OFF WAIVER. All this does is say "I agree to buy this car and cannot pull out". If you dont sign this you have 3 days to pull out of the deal. I would have been happy with that. If my g/f didnt sign that waiver we would be picking up another vti for 24.5 with some options on saturday, not to be though.

That waiver is just an absolute scam IMO. Why would anyone wanna sign such a thing.

Just trying to let people know not to make this same mistake.

markCivicVti
24-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Makes no sense. The car isn't yours until you sign off on it. And thats after the inspection. They can't force you to accept the car then.

It's not like I can sign a waiver saying the guy who killed me didn't commit murder?! The cooling off is a right you are provided with not by choice of the dealerships, I don't think they can have you sign that away.

I'm very curious on the wording of this waiver. Lie and say you can't afford the car anymore or your finances fell through so keep the deposit and suck dog pooh. Whats the worst they gonna do?

warwick108
24-12-2008, 10:18 PM
find the smallest problem..and dont sign off..?.. even a little little scratch...dont sign off.. be the biggest ass in the world.. =).. if anything is off line... do not sign off..

Paul1985
25-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Makes no sense. The car isn't yours until you sign off on it. And thats after the inspection. They can't force you to accept the car then.

It's not like I can sign a waiver saying the guy who killed me didn't commit murder?! The cooling off is a right you are provided with not by choice of the dealerships, I don't think they can have you sign that away.

I'm very curious on the wording of this waiver. Lie and say you can't afford the car anymore or your finances fell through so keep the deposit and suck dog pooh. Whats the worst they gonna do?

This waiver is a new rule supposedly as of recent.. I dont know..

It says that if you sign the waiver you agree to purchase the car and upon signing it you immediately lose the cooling off period. It also says if you are accepting delivery of the car you automatically lose the cooling period.. (mind you this is stated on a page previous to where you sign just to make it harder to notice). I dont understand either. So i could walk in there right now, throw my signature down and thats it... im screwed if i decide directly after walking out of the dealerships door it cant be reversed unless the manager decide to let you. Its unfair as sometimes you want something and think... i want that ill put a deposit down, then later realise you cant afford it you know... its not like we walked out with a car and returned it.

All i know is i will NEVER go back there. Ever. Bastards

Paul1985
25-12-2008, 04:52 PM
I hope someone in there reads this too.
A work mate knows someone who used to work in this dealership and ive heard a few more bad things about them.

If anyone wants to know where it is, PM me.

Sherweeeny
25-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Just trying to let people know not to make this same mistake.

what mistake exactly? your girlfriend went to a car dealership, got a price, didnt negotiate, didnt shop around, didnt do jack shit, then ordered a car from them and agreed to sign that she was 100% sure of buying the car and didnt care for a cooling off period.

surely shes not retarded right? she wanted it, she got it and now you are crying to the dealership after by law they have done everything they should have done and properly?

some people just make me wonder.

Stig
25-12-2008, 11:34 PM
mr steve. i got mine from yarra honda abbortsford.. i got a vti 07 black auto for 26000 drive away with rims.. and matts... what about yourself??

damnn brother! also got the car from the same place, black m/t 07 vti-l with fogs, exhaust tip, boot mat, tint, paint protection and reverse sensors for 29k, bone stock was 26.5k

edit: forgot to ad slimline plates and mats and 5 year warranty

denot
26-12-2008, 12:26 AM
hmmm next thing you can do is to find as many fault as you can and try to get them fix or say no deal... and thats including ratles on the interior, exterior, rust on disc brake, whatever you can find...

Paul1985
26-12-2008, 09:30 AM
what mistake exactly? your girlfriend went to a car dealership, got a price, didnt negotiate, didnt shop around, didnt do jack shit, then ordered a car from them and agreed to sign that she was 100&#37; sure of buying the car and didnt care for a cooling off period.

surely shes not retarded right? she wanted it, she got it and now you are crying to the dealership after by law they have done everything they should have done and properly?

some people just make me wonder.

Mistake of not knowing what you are signing. People need to be careful what they sign.
Yes, my g/f made a mistake of the whole situation by not researching/negatiating etc. Yes, it was stupid of her but things were not expained to her properly and the way in which they have gone about it i dont believe is right. Believe me, im equally annoyed at her. But, now she will just have to bite the bullet and pay it off now and i just need to forget about it.

I guess they will do what they can to suck as much out of you on the price of a car and try get you to sign up without the option of pulling out. Thats their job, a huge part of it is manipulating. As i said, i just need to forget it now and hopefully she is happy with the car and we dont have any issues upon recieving it.

/rant

Lets move on with the thread and see what deals others have been getting. I'd be interested to see some new deals coming through on 09 models now 08 is over.

JOHNNYZL
26-12-2008, 01:54 PM
I am planning to buy a VTI-L auto..I am just wondering what the drive away price would be with a few extra like reverse sensor, mats, tints......I am in Perth btw...My budget is around 28500-29k...can they do it?:confused:

markCivicVti
26-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I am planning to buy a VTI-L auto..I am just wondering what the drive away price would be with a few extra like reverse sensor, mats, tints......I am in Perth btw...My budget is around 28500-29k...can they do it?:confused:

Should be easily do-able for that price. Can I just suggest you do the tinting after market. Most places offer life-time guarantee and will replace if it bubbles/discolors for about 400 bucks cheaper than the dealer.

cougar26
26-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Hi Johnnyzl

You can get all that with your budget.
I got mine with more extras for $28K but you may have to pick one from their yard. So may be limited colours to choose from.
BTW I am in Perth.

JOHNNYZL
26-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Should be easily do-able for that price. Can I just suggest you do the tinting after market. Most places offer life-time guarantee and will replace if it bubbles/discolors for about 400 bucks cheaper than the dealer.

Thanks for your suggestion, I would be probably doing the tinting after market..

JOHNNYZL
26-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Johnnyzl

You can get all that with your budget.
I got mine with more extras for $28K but you may have to pick one from their yard. So may be limited colours to choose from.
BTW I am in Perth.

Thats good to hear that...which dealer did u get urs from? Prestige or Burswood?

FitRS
26-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Never fleshed out the details, but was talking with a dealer a month or two ago about a VTi-L, with full leather aftermarket maker over included in the price (worth $2k?) for around $26k.

Sherweeeny
26-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Mistake of not knowing what you are signing. People need to be careful what they sign.
Yes, my g/f made a mistake of the whole situation by not researching/negatiating etc. Yes, it was stupid of her but things were not expained to her properly and the way in which they have gone about it i dont believe is right. Believe me, im equally annoyed at her. But, now she will just have to bite the bullet and pay it off now and i just need to forget about it.

I guess they will do what they can to suck as much out of you on the price of a car and try get you to sign up without the option of pulling out. Thats their job, a huge part of it is manipulating. As i said, i just need to forget it now and hopefully she is happy with the car and we dont have any issues upon recieving it.

/rant

Lets move on with the thread and see what deals others have been getting. I'd be interested to see some new deals coming through on 09 models now 08 is over.

fair enough, but salesmen are trained to do that, so sending a rabbit into a lions den isnt of the best ideas, and usually the rabbit knows that too.

i got my civic sport for 30g with mats tints etc, but im guessing u dont wanna hear that.. hmm

black8thgen
27-12-2008, 08:38 AM
i got my 08 sport with mats, tint, rear sensors, paint protection, leather protection, extended warranty.. all that shit.. for abt 33g?

Paul1985
27-12-2008, 12:02 PM
fair enough, but salesmen are trained to do that, so sending a rabbit into a lions den isnt of the best ideas, and usually the rabbit knows that too.

i got my civic sport for 30g with mats tints etc, but im guessing u dont wanna hear that.. hmm

You are correct, i like the way you explain it lol. This time the rabbit thought she was brave enough to take on the lion.
It's just a frustrating situation. Now im just drilling it into her to pay off the finance as fast as she possibly can and forget about it.

I'm hanging for it to be out of warranty so i can do all sorts to it.

I cant find any pics of the 09 model online yet. Supposedly some of the minor differences are, slightly different taillights, headlights and it has stability control.

Paul1985
27-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Trying to look through the honda japan website. I think this is the new look taillights on the 09 models:

http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/civic/exterior/image/main-image.jpg

howy
27-12-2008, 02:52 PM
You are correct, i like the way you explain it lol. This time the rabbit thought she was brave enough to take on the lion.
It's just a frustrating situation. Now im just drilling it into her to pay off the finance as fast as she possibly can and forget about it.

I'm hanging for it to be out of warranty so i can do all sorts to it.

I cant find any pics of the 09 model online yet. Supposedly some of the minor differences are, slightly different taillights, headlights and it has stability control.

Don't think they put Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) in the VTI or the VTI-L, should still be only available for the sport.

black8thgen
27-12-2008, 04:13 PM
ive got VSA on my sport already? so it wouldnt be a new change. damn the foglights look pretty sexy lol

denot
27-12-2008, 04:25 PM
the only thing I like about the new look is the rims :p

JOHNNYZL
27-12-2008, 07:13 PM
i got my 08 sport with mats, tint, rear sensors, paint protection, leather protection, extended warranty.. all that shit.. for abt 33g?

wow..you sure its 33g?? Is it auto or manual??

black8thgen
27-12-2008, 07:36 PM
oh yeah, auto btw lol.

JOHNNYZL
27-12-2008, 10:44 PM
oh yeah, auto btw lol.

Thatz a great deal hey... U reckon I can get an auto VTI-L with the same extra as yours for 28k??? lol

black8thgen
27-12-2008, 11:29 PM
lol yeah saved a ton on it, but it was during the one day a year sale thingy.. so i got extended warratny, free rego etc like without tryna bargain a deal.. then the others wasnt too hard to get out of the dealer =].

hmmm... lol if u got the dealer on a good day then possibly haha. but otherwise i kinda doubt it =/

oz_accord
28-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Signed up silver civic Vti auto with tint and matts for $24000 drive away.
Was also given the choice of red VTi auto plus tint and matts for $23500 drive away.:)

philip_pc
28-12-2008, 09:48 AM
im car shopping at the moment, got 2 dealers ringing me constantly with prices. best ive gotten is 22k driveaway on a 08 civic vti.
do you guys think i could get some extra's + car for the 22k?
its for a manual by the way, im really wanting tint + visors + matts

actually im leaning towards having the tinting done aftermarkets as dealer ones are not dark >.<
but you reckon car+visors+matts is possible for 22k.
im not too sure what the car invoice price is and based on the honda site the RRP is 21,790......hmmmmm
what you guys think?

black8thgen
28-12-2008, 08:07 PM
lol, they can always bend the rules a bit, although you've always got a better chance when theres one of those honda sales on australia wide lol.

JOHNNYZL
28-12-2008, 08:51 PM
im car shopping at the moment, got 2 dealers ringing me constantly with prices. best ive gotten is 22k driveaway on a 08 civic vti.

actually im leaning towards having the tinting done aftermarkets as dealer ones are not dark >.<
im not too sure what the car invoice price is and based on the honda site the RRP is 21,790......hmmmmm
what you guys think?

If they r not saling 08 model anymore from Jan 1 and they r currently holding the car in the yard, I guess u got a bit of the bargaining power..lol.. u never know...

jumz
29-12-2008, 10:07 PM

what you guys think?

yep - definately doable... i got a black vti 08 in july this year for 22k with mats, tint and foggies... i got it on sale and had the 5 year warranty, rego, ctp etc all included...

philip_pc
30-12-2008, 08:37 AM
yep - definately doable... i got a black vti 08 in july this year for 22k with mats, tint and foggies... i got it on sale and had the 5 year warranty, rego, ctp etc all included...

excellent, will be heading out to the dealers tomorrow for negotiations, i'll let you know how it comes out hahahaha
although no sale on now hopefully i can score as much of a deal you did =)

UNLS1
31-12-2008, 12:53 PM
that would of been manual for 22k

rene
31-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Bought mine for 23000 - 08 model - Black - Manual - rear spoiler - mats - tint - reverse sensor - two big honda's umbrellas (legend!!) - and free second service!! look for a guy named Pal @ larke hoskins, bargain with him to death...

joelb
01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I bought my 2008 Civic Vti Auto Black with Mats Bootliner and Bumper cover thingy for $23790 drive away. LOL. The trick was to gee the salesman up just b4 end of month then hit him on the last day of the month to buy. I started at $27000 and ended up here.

BLKEM1
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Looks like under $24000 is definitly a top deal for an auto VTI.. few of my mate bought it from Honda Rosebery for that price too.. top deals!!

JOHNNYZL
06-01-2009, 12:01 AM
I finally bought the 08 auto VTI with B/B lip protecter, reverse sensor, mats, 5yrs warranty, 5yrs roadside assist, 12months free rego, exhaust tip. $26000 drive away. Is this price okay??

JOhnnyFD
08-01-2009, 05:36 PM
thats pretty good
i bought mine at the end of 2007 auto including only 3yr warranty, honda genuine floor mats, and honda genuine window tints 30&#37; for drive-away price of $26,000 ... back then they werent going on sale... ha!

JOHNNYZL
08-01-2009, 06:58 PM
The process of negotiation was really tough...I spent 3 hrs there geeing the salesman up...btw, I also got a free 1st service and a full tank of fuel...lol

wkd_crx
08-01-2009, 07:01 PM
man that is good hustle skills haha. you got a good DEAL!

BC8
08-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I finally bought the 08 auto VTI with B/B lip protecter, reverse sensor, mats, 5yrs warranty, 5yrs roadside assist, 12months free rego, exhaust tip. $26000 drive away. Is this price okay??

i got the same with tints, mats, w/shields, 3 yr wty for $24,500 in Jan-Feb 08

Jackee
25-01-2009, 01:25 PM
hi has anyone had a deal on the 09 VTI's ?

thesunchaser
27-01-2009, 07:53 PM
yeah got many offers for a vti 09 car manual with the following accessories:

rear spoiler (~ 640)
15 inch alloy wheels (~ 1000)
rear parking sensors (~ 520)
floor matts (~ 167)

range $25000 - 28000 driveaway with the honda sale 5yrs warranty,rego, CTP, 5yrs roadside assist and 30 L free tank.
i picked the salesman who was most prepared to go down on price and who was willing to give me the colour i wanted

Jackee
27-01-2009, 08:59 PM
finally! a reply!

in regards to that deal, are you in NSW? If so which store? I'm currently looking for auto, just want mats + tints + reverse sensor, how much do you think ill be looking at?

black8thgen
27-01-2009, 09:06 PM
holy damn thats expensive.. i got my 08 sport with more extras than those for 30grand, hmm i think its way too pricey =/

UNLS1
28-01-2009, 09:12 AM
The process of negotiation was really tough...I spent 3 hrs there geeing the salesman up...btw, I also got a free 1st service and a full tank of fuel...lol

lol all first services on hondas are free!

thesunchaser
28-01-2009, 09:22 AM
FYI the base 2009 prices are

manual vti 22990 RRP
dealer costs 1450 RRP
Rego/CTP 635.38
Stamp Duty 600
Color Trim 395 RRP
Standard Plates 32.12

do the maths, take 10% off to get a good deal

thesunchaser
28-01-2009, 09:24 AM
no Jackee im not in NSW

mats + tints + reverse sensor

165 + 450 + 530 RRP

dont pay rrp

Jackee
28-01-2009, 08:50 PM
hey guys what does everyone think of 2009 spec civic + tint + mat + reverse sensors for 26k VTI Auto driveaway?? thanks!!!

markCivicVti
28-01-2009, 09:20 PM
sounds good.

ks_b
29-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Been wanting to buy civic since last year now. Now i am really serious in getting it.

Apart from exterior face lift, is there any other different between 09 and 07/08 spec??
I like the old look better, I should be able to get old spec for better bargain right?

Also is it worth getting Metallic & pearlescent paint? what are they actually do the the car? make it looks better? after reading this thread, don't see many ppl throw in metallic paint when they buy their car...

Thanks

Jackee
29-01-2009, 06:42 AM
side airbags + stability and traction,

paints for the colour?

ks_b
29-01-2009, 09:12 AM
thanks jackee, i am talking about paint that apply to the colour.

warwick108
29-01-2009, 09:43 AM
it has.. boot release on ur remote.. ^^

markCivicVti
29-01-2009, 09:55 AM
All colours are pearlescent except for white. So you cannot get black without it being pearlescent. Ofcourse noone pays for it they get it thrown in the deal.

JOhnnyFD
29-01-2009, 10:17 AM
so they replaced nighthawk black with crystal black now... wonder how the colour difference look like
http://civic.honda.com.au

black8thgen
29-01-2009, 12:57 PM
yeah nighthawk black pearl.. has a blue/green tinge when the sun shines on it..

Jackee
29-01-2009, 02:40 PM
hey guys what does everyone think of 2009 spec civic + tint + mat + reverse sensors for 26k VTI Auto driveaway?? thanks!!!

Purchased it today in bluish silver !

markCivicVti
29-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Congrats. Not the most popular colour here.. only know one other. Enjoy the car.

I had to wait 3.5 months from ordering the car to get mine.

thesunchaser
29-01-2009, 02:44 PM
So how much did u pay and what did u get?

Jackee
29-01-2009, 02:47 PM
I paid 26000 drive away for

Civic Auto VTI,
Rear Sensors + Mats + Tint
5 year warranty + 5 yr road side assistance.

Bluish silver probably not the most popular colour, but It looked decent in the store. I kind of regretting not getting alabaster silver though :(

thesunchaser
29-01-2009, 02:48 PM
u get 3 cooling off days to change ur mind

but well done ... it's a good deal i have to say

Jackee
29-01-2009, 02:52 PM

haha true, but i'll be fine i guess as its not a bad colour and i don't want to wait for them to get the silver in =) picking up on sunday! :thumbsup:

thesunchaser
29-01-2009, 02:55 PM
u will find that for colours such as white/blue/red, it's very easy to haggle and get a low price and have the car delivered in days not weeks.
did u have to do a lot of haggling?

Paul1985
29-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Not if you sign there waiver. It doesnt explain things very well.
People need to be aware of what they're signing in the dealerships with new rules now.

Just a note for people to be careful and read everything.

I havent seen any other 09's on the road yet.

Jackee
29-01-2009, 03:08 PM
u will find that for colours such as white/blue/red, it's very easy to haggle and get a low price and have the car delivered in days not weeks.
did u have to do a lot of haggling?

yeah i mentioned the offers the brokers were offering, and he went in three times to talk to manager. they had black and bluish silver in the yard

black8thgen
29-01-2009, 05:36 PM
should of gone black mate!

warwick108
29-01-2009, 07:39 PM
i got the nighthawk black..and its got a blueish tingle at night in the lights..=))

black8thgen
29-01-2009, 10:03 PM
its got a blue/green tinge in daytime too =]

Paul1985
30-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I think its more of a purple/blue.

markCivicVti
30-01-2009, 08:51 AM
My vote: The NHB has blue pearlescent in it.

ks_b
31-01-2009, 05:25 PM
i just bought my civic vti Auto 09 white today with
fog lights
mats
tint
reversing sensors
slim plate
exhaust pipe finisher
5 years warranty & roadside assistanct

what do your guys think?

black8thgen
31-01-2009, 08:55 PM
sounds pretty damn good actually

ks_b
31-01-2009, 09:08 PM
yea, i am pretty happy with this price, I was thinking to get 08 model with all these options for 25k.. but 09 model for 26.1K is alright too i guess. now gonna look for car insurace. Honda quote me $1629pa!!

They also have this Smart Memebership Auto repair, do you think i should take it up?

black8thgen
01-02-2009, 05:42 PM
dont know anyhting about the membership auto repair thing, but yeah the insurance is pretty damn expensive, i actually forgot the quote they gave me at first, but they said NRMA can give u 5&#37; discount on it =]. so i took that up hehe. wasnt too bad in the end, except the civics seem to have a high insurance rate? i think anyway...

thesunchaser
03-02-2009, 04:43 PM
hey guys i got the civic vti manual 09 in sparkling grey yesterday.... damn good car :)

FitRS
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
whats a good price to pay for an ex-demonstrator?

Buzza
05-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Im from Perth and new to this forum. I had a quote yesteday for $26000 driveaway for an 09 manual VTi (met paint but nothing else). I know that prices in WA are often slightly higher than the eastern states, but heck this is ridiculously more!

The dealer's official pricelist shows $26500 driveaway, and the salesguy wasn't willing to go lower than $26k! :mad::thumbdwn:

Paul1985
05-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Well dont give them the benifit of your sale. Go elsewhere.
I hate car dealers. My g/f paid 28k with no extras and by the time she paid for all the other b/s (warranty/roadside assist etc etc).. It was just under $31k.

thesunchaser
05-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Im from Perth and new to this forum. I had a quote yesteday for $26000 driveaway for an 09 manual VTi (met paint but nothing else). I know that prices in WA are often slightly higher than the eastern states, but heck this is ridiculously more!

The dealer's official pricelist shows $26500 driveaway, and the salesguy wasn't willing to go lower than $26k! :mad::thumbdwn:

the minimum price i reckon u can get for a vti manual with no extras driveaway -> 23k-24k

go elsewhere, leave ur phone number with all the dealers, they will call back once they realise they are not making enough sales.

Kangaaz
05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
the minimum price i reckon u can get for a vti manual with no extras driveaway -> 23k-24k

Agreed. 26K for VTi Manual is too high. Esp with new car sales down 18&#37; in Jan which is a huge dive, I think you will have more leverage.

loarm
11-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Hey all, just wondering if 24.5k for a 08 auto VTi is alright? Trying to bargain with them more about extra accessories but haven't had time yet.

Thanks

warwick108
11-02-2009, 08:31 PM
my uncle bought a vti 09 auto for 25700.. drive away..no options tho

carbonmonoxide
12-02-2009, 04:27 PM
anyone knows any honest dealer down brisbane? im looking for a decent deal on a 09 vti auto. thanks

Fung
12-02-2009, 05:22 PM
09 auto vti
27000 with floor mats and parkin sensor

iawon1
14-02-2009, 05:03 PM
I got a MY09 civic auto VTI black for $27k with full bodykit (front rear spoiler and side skirt)

ccab1
22-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi guys I got my 2009 VTI-L with

Bonnet Protector
Matts
6 years warranty
Paint Protection
UV Shield/Tint

For 26000 driveaway. Did I get ripped off?

Fung
22-02-2009, 05:46 PM
26K for a vti-L...
maybe i got ripped off?

markCivicVti
22-02-2009, 06:15 PM
lol... we need a whole new thread for those who got ripped... including me when i bought my vti...

07 vti.. auto
accent lighting
reverse sensors
interior trim kit
bass works

for 26,900 :(

But that was well over a year ago, in the end I don't care .. 1.5k isn't really all that much money...

ccab1
22-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Apologies for the misunderstanding that was after a 4000 dollar trade in for a 96 CXI with 165000 which was in a "not-so-good" condition :S...still I figured that it was worth more than 4000 :S...

black8thgen
22-02-2009, 06:45 PM
trade-in = byebye value.

iawon1
22-02-2009, 08:09 PM
auto or manual?