PDA

View Full Version : New Civic VTi drive away dealer price

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

MikesVtec
20-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Didier, I recommend doing a reverse bidding. i.e. Offer a ridiculous price like and work your way up in $100 increments. Also don't do the traditional ask for low price then ask for accessories route. That might just be wasting both your money and the dealers money. Come up with a list of accessories you need/want, go into dealerships with your printed list. Slam it down, state that you're serious about buying, offer your price. When asked about flexibility of price, say zero flexibility. Don't feel guilty when they state that you want to pay 22k for a 30k car. No one pays retail. In the industry they're known as "woodies." They are like Christmas, happens once a year. Don't be a woody. Take the exact same list to the next dealer for true comparison. Rinse and repeat. Will take up a lot of time, but the savings will amount the time you spent to hundreds of dollars per hour. Good luck.

tinymoon
20-07-2010, 04:58 AM
I had no choice but VTI-L (actually paid 27.000 after everything sellte down such as tax ....)

1st GF does not like Sport version

2nd By that time the Sport version is not that price (get quoted 36.000)

3rd I just prefer to fully upgrade the audio system and other accessories than buying a Sport (Some say i was silly)

:D

Uhm, i do not know why but i prefer soft-talk than just throw down the list of demands at my own price.
I rather slowly talk and soft talk with with patience, i might go around and come back to see what is the best offer available for me than just come straight to the point
Till now, i had only 4 deals (Civic VTI-L. Jazz. Mitsubishi Aspire, BMW) for my whole family most of them i got what i ask, want, prefer ...

cloudstrife23
20-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I agree with Mikevtech's approach. I went in listed all my extras before going into the negotiation process. I have tried the other approach and it didn 't go as well. However - it really comes down to how you go on the day. Best of luck didier.

didier
20-07-2010, 09:06 PM
hmm, go with the extras wanted from start eh? - that should make it easy coz I don't really want/need any on top of the basic VTI (apart from coloured paint)

next month I'll have the money to buy - so planning to go in and offer like $17,000 to start (RRP $23k atm) and bring em down to around 20k.

UNLS1
22-07-2010, 01:27 PM
we havnt sold a VTi-L in ages, its so not worth the money when u can get the VTI LE

some good tips there...

maybe i should post some things we use and do to bang some of u into a deal lol

kaikor
22-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Has anyone got some recent best deal in sydney for Civic sport, manual, white, only need mats, if they can do even a 09' stock for below $30K, that will be great! but whether worth to pay some more to get a R instead ...

didier
22-07-2010, 07:41 PM
right, like misplacing keys, parking behind your car, finding common ground, maximal questions etc... lol

Willo
26-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey Guys,

I posted above but then thought better of it. Just wanted to let you all know that the negotiation and customer service at Travis Honda in Frankston is awesome. As far as I can tell they are honest as well. Told them about a post on here where the poster asserted he worked for Honda and that at the 1000k service they often don't do much. Dealer said pretty much, they check ECU for codes etc.. but run-in oil is designed for 10k now.

No I don't work for them I just brought a new Civic FD1 LE a week ago.

So if you want a great deal and your down Bayside Melbourne way, pop in.

Willo

didier
26-07-2010, 09:42 AM
what price you pay, what extras did you get, and how easy were they to haggle with? ;)

Willo
27-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Not really in a position to post the actual price, it was a fantastic negotiated deal and I think it would not be in integrity to post the price. I'm not bound to an NDA but I think it's up to each individual to negotiate their own price.

I'm pretty sure we only got tint as the LE edition comes with pretty much everything you'd want anyway. Haggling, well you would have to ask the dealer and my wife, she is quite gifted in that respect. I'd say the dealer did his utmost to negotiate a fair deal for both parties, but my wife likes to make sure she sticks to her budget while being fair.

UNLS1
27-07-2010, 01:41 PM
right, like misplacing keys, parking behind your car, finding common ground, maximal questions etc... lol

lol that is nothing!

raffyboy
27-07-2010, 02:35 PM
My sister paid 29K brand new 2010 VTI limited - with sunroof

tinymoon
27-07-2010, 05:20 PM
My sister paid 29K brand new 2010 VTI limited - with sunroof

Too much for that sunroof, and 29K, just add around 3000 or 4000 you even can get a Sport version (Auto) or cheaper for Manual, assume that our sister want an Auto

tinymoon
29-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Just hang around and get this price from carsales.com.au. It should be the best price ever (assumed that there is nothing wrong with the car like accident ...)

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/demo/details.aspx?R=9071270&postcode=4214&YearFromShort=1713&__Qpb=true&__Nf=p_GeoLocation_String%7cGCLT%20-27.96378%2c153.3685%20502.9&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c0%7c%7cpCar_RankSort _Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Mod el_String%7c0&keywords=&MileageTo=746&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965250%204294931714%201621%20746%201713&distance=500&silo=1011&seot=1&Cr=0&__Nne=15&trecs=9&__sid=1298EE875D40

dr3tz
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Any new updates on prices for a Civic VTI Limited Edition (or the standard model) in Auto in Perth?

didier
11-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I honestly didn't get around to buying one yet.
Seems as if the RRP has been the same since like june/july at 23000 vti/25000 vti LE
You would think sales would have been terrible last month given downturns in sharemarkets and housing markets (no free money), things like home sales have been super slow too so cars probably the same.

Point of that is you'd be able to bargain lower.

I'd still set my target at as low as 20k for vti (offer lower to start with) but you shouldn't have to pay more than $21k for VTI (white) at somewhere like Honda North (I'm told was cheapest). Comes down to hard bargaining with the sales manager.

didier
11-09-2010, 12:56 PM
oh, I've also noticed way more second hand civics under $20k on carsales.com for cars in WA. Supply is increasing vs. demand, esp when we might see new model in 1-2 years tops.

ng3l1
13-11-2010, 07:53 PM
Any idea if where i could get the automatic one for 22.500 drive-away in brisbane?
i went to few honda dealer does not seem they were able to give me for that price.

shawn_87
09-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Just came back from Honda Burswood (Perth) and got an offer for MY10 vti for $25800, with reverse sensor, floor matts, metallic colour and 5 years extended warranty. Don't think this is a good deal. Will try to check the other dealer the next few days. Any updates from you guys?

didier
10-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd say whatever retail is you should aim for 15% off (should be able to get 10-20%). I reckon retail base VTI/manual/white should be $20k or below soon, especially come end of year/new year sales.
Just have to study how to bargain hard with car dealers...
I'm also in Perth btw, and a Honmaz mechanic told me Honda North is cheapest.

shawn_87
12-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Is 24k inclusive of rear sensor, tinted window, matts, metallic colour, and 5 years warranty considered a good deal for vti auto at this time (2 more weeks to 2011)?

didier
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
retail auto = about $25k.
sensor = 400
window = 500
matts = 150
paint = 500
warranty = 300?
=27k approx.
take off 15% = 23k approx. so maybe 23000 is a good deal? maybe offer that. or lower to bring them toward you if you haven't already. 24k is ok, but certainly its pretty much end of year.

shawn_87
12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
I actually spoke to one dealer and told them I wish to make a deal at 23k with all these extras. But the response from the agent made me feel so insulted. He was saying something like 'mate, look at the retail price before you make any ridiculous offer...' I doubt they know anything about the importance of customer service. :thumbdwn:

didier
13-12-2010, 12:14 AM
yep, many of the car salesmen I've seen are real idiots with sales. I think the vast majority don't last, so you'll know when your on to an experienced one.

Reclus
13-12-2010, 10:15 AM
just do the windows outside dealer, so much cheaper, and u can tint it darker

7th Gen
04-01-2011, 05:24 PM
what sort of pricing should i expect for an auto Sports?

i went to a dealer today, they are having their 2010 plate sale. 5 yrs warranty and roadside assist. pretty good value i think.
out of all the cars i tried today, i liked the Sports the best.
i guess i knew what it is like already, since my dad has an 07 VTi, so the only diff between VTi and the Sport was the 2.0 engine, leather, sunroof, flappy paddle gearbox

didier
17-01-2011, 11:20 AM
bit late maybe, but as I said I reckon 10-20% off is what you can get depending on them and how good you are at haggling. So get your quote and offer at least 20% less for a starting point.

Seperately, I wanted to ask - what time of year do we typically see the next year's plated model come out - as in 2011 plated civic, even if its the exact same model?

BTW has everyone seen this yet - 2012 civic preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvY6cC7F4UA&feature=related

I reckon the front looks great - like the current SI or Accord, but back looks pretty basic/like a lancer and not as good as current civic rear.

Plenty of other vids on youtube - search "2012 civic"

didier
14-02-2011, 12:39 AM
anyone know if its after end of february that 2011 plated models are sold?

I premuse this only coz all the sales at the moment say "2010 plated models sale ends feb 28".

...I'm finally in the financial situation to buy one (almost), although I just wonder if its worth waiting 6 months or so for the ninth generation.

They say it'll use 10% less fuel, although the new model might cost alot more than the current civic... heh

kiwifroot
14-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I called up one of the Honda dealers because I'm interested in purchasing a Honda Civic VTi auto. The salesman told me it was virtually impossible to get one at the moment, and that I would probably have to wait until March. He did ask if I wanted a VTi-L but I don't want that. So, according to this, it is likely that the 2011 plated models might be sold in March.

didier
14-02-2011, 11:32 AM
interesting. maybe depends wat state you're in but I'm in WA so cant imagine a place with less stock availability than here.

Be careful though, I find the car dealers - particularly honda, have a bit of an ego, and will try to make it sound harder for you to get what you want.

Last year they told me they had no stock in the state (I was asking if they had Red or Blue in stock), then I drove a few streets away to where they store their new cars (just ordered/purchased I presume). There were 3 shiny new civics (2 blue ones) being offloaded from a truck and even more inside with tonnes of other honda vehicles, lol.

Beware the BS, its 90% of what leaves their mouths!

kiwifroot
14-02-2011, 11:40 AM
The salesman at Essendon Honda VIC was telling me that the white Civic in front of me was the last one in the state! Somehow I could not believe that. Sounds like BS to me.

UNLS1
14-02-2011, 11:48 AM
The salesman at Essendon Honda VIC was telling me that the white Civic in front of me was the last one in the state! Somehow I could not believe that. Sounds like BS to me.

he is not giving u BS! he is right!
buy it if u want one ASAP.

didier
14-02-2011, 11:49 AM
lol yea... hahaha the degree of lies gets pretty predictable after spending a bit of time around a few dealers.

often they'll say - if you buy one will take 2-3 weeks to arrive, making you ready to pay more and/or get in faster on a deal (because you think they're scarce).

once you've signed and paid a small deposit, you'll find the car often shows up within 5 days, just coz they're ready to get the rest of their money ASAP (and deceive you into feeling you've been lucky and got your car early)

If you're serious about buying, go straight to the sales manager and talk alone in his office if you can. Offer 30% below RRP and bargain hard. Should be able to bring to a midpoint of about 15% off RRP I reckon.

here's some very very useful sites:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car5.htm

http://www.negotiationtraining.com.au/articles/negotiate-car-deal/

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/good-deal-car.asp

UNLS1
14-02-2011, 11:50 AM
interesting. maybe depends wat state you're in but I'm in WA so cant imagine a place with less stock availability than here.

Be careful though, I find the car dealers - particularly honda, have a bit of an ego, and will try to make it sound harder for you to get what you want.

Last year they told me they had no stock in the state (I was asking if they had Red or Blue in stock), then I drove a few streets away to where they store their new cars (just ordered/purchased I presume). There were 3 shiny new civics (2 blue ones) being offloaded from a truck and even more inside with tonnes of other honda vehicles, lol.

Beware the BS, its 90% of what leaves their mouths!

ok so how did u know these cars u saw were not already sold?

UNLS1
14-02-2011, 11:52 AM
lol yea... hahaha the degree of lies gets pretty predictable after spending a bit of time around a few dealers.

often they'll say - if you buy one will take 2-3 weeks to arrive, making you ready to pay more and/or get in faster on a deal (because you think they're scarce).

once you've signed and paid a small deposit, you'll find the car often shows up within 5 days, just coz they're ready to get the rest of their money ASAP (and deceive you into feeling you've been lucky and got your car early)

If you're serious about buying, go straight to the sales manager and talk alone in his office if you can. Offer 30% below RRP and bargain hard. Should be able to bring to a midpoint of about 15% off RRP I reckon.

here's some very very useful sites:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car5.htm

http://www.negotiationtraining.com.au/articles/negotiate-car-deal/

http://www.motorpoint.com.au/good-deal-car.asp

some interesting points, but some are just way off the mark, some of the cars dont even have that margin in them.

didier
14-02-2011, 11:56 AM
yea, the stored cars I presumed were ordered and sold. but it certainly contradicts the scarcity they often try to imply.

if you're a dealer, what can you tell us about margins (particularly this model)? ;)

do things like advertising, running costs of dealership etc get incorporated into the cost price you're thinking of, or just the per unit price of the civic?

kiwifroot
14-02-2011, 12:49 PM
he is not giving u BS! he is right!
buy it if u want one ASAP.

I do want one ASAP, but it was in a colour I did not want, and I also want to have rear sensors installed. If you're a dealer, do you know when the 2011 plated ones are coming in? I can't wait for my first car!

UNLS1
14-02-2011, 12:52 PM
I do want one ASAP, but it was in a colour I did not want, and I also want to have rear sensors installed. If you're a dealer, do you know when the 2011 plated ones are coming in? I can't wait for my first car!

all the once i have delivered this year have mainly been 2011 plated. we are waiting for honda to release more.

UNLS1
14-02-2011, 12:54 PM
civics are cheap atm coz honda has a good bonus on them, not advertised to the public just dealers know.
The only prob is we are sold out! Knowing honda they will release more but take the bonus away so u cant sell em as cheap as u can atm!

7th Gen
14-02-2011, 04:53 PM
anyone know if its after end of february that 2011 plated models are sold?

I premuse this only coz all the sales at the moment say "2010 plated models sale ends feb 28".

...I'm finally in the financial situation to buy one (almost), although I just wonder if its worth waiting 6 months or so for the ninth generation.

They say it'll use 10% less fuel, although the new model might cost alot more than the current civic... heh

it depends how quickly you need a car i suppose?
there is always something new coming out, i guess it all depends on you if you need a car now, or you have to have the 'latest and greatest' - went thru the same issue myself recently

UNLS1
15-02-2011, 07:59 AM
just to let everyone know blue tooth will be standard on all cars MY11 models, MY12 for jazz and Euro.

so now the civics are sold out the next ones to arrive will have blue tooth!

bout time

kiwifroot
15-02-2011, 02:13 PM
just to let everyone know blue tooth will be standard on all cars MY11 models, MY12 for jazz and Euro.

bout time

Any idea when they will arrive?

UNLS1
15-02-2011, 03:09 PM
very soon!

didier
23-03-2011, 10:03 PM
anyone reckon prices for new civics will rise on Japan's problems? apparently honda slowing production in US.
coz civic is made in Thailand, should be no problem for us?

I'm expecting this quarter to have been pretty bad too. In WA they reduced the VTI white price to $22,000 (manual) now.
and burswood offered me $4,000 of extras for $500 lol, without me even asking for or making an offer!

pboi
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM

bout time

2011 MY10 models i see on carsales , are they the new MY11 you talking about? just quickly researching as mum wants a newer car. I dont want her to get a MY10 if a different MY11 is out very soon.

.. quickly searched civic MY11 and it seems to be the civic type R shape?

UNLS1
11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
civic my 11 looks the same just has blue tooth and less $$ bonus than the MY10 has.
hardly any my10s left we only have 1 my10 VTI L left.

tell her to get the MY11 VTi-L, for a short time they come with fog lights and reverse sensors and are the same RRP as the old Vti civic!

u are prob looking at the MY11 Civic SI hatch.

Stevil
11-04-2011, 07:07 PM
2011 MY10 Civic VTI Manual $19990 drive away, pick up in a week or 2 !

Alvinlight
11-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Cheap !

didier
12-04-2011, 12:54 AM
hmm yes, what colour? I saw an auto go for $19,500 coloured :)
you get any extras with yours?

Stevil
12-04-2011, 07:24 AM
Got a bit of a discount on Tint and additional 2 years warranty, theses prices are only for manual and only at one dealer in Sydney. Not really into the gear the L came with, specially for an extra 4-5K.

Tsunamii
17-04-2011, 07:37 PM

Whaaaaat! That's cheap!

Looking for one ASAP as well - need to replace dying Accord 94 :'(

Edit: Looking for VTi-L specifically :P