PDA

View Full Version : 94 cord engine

Hondina
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
hey there have a 94 cord exi, was wondering if its better to swap to an vti or better or to try and get more from the current engone, was thinking of turbo or supercharge but was quoted $20,000 for it, any suggestions and possible prices?

thanks

Eclipsor
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Probably not worth swapping the f22b in. Unless you can get one for real cheap and do the work yourself. Even then...sounds like a recipe for something to go wrong when it didn't really have to.

Two best options are probably turbo or h22a swap. There are some turbo f series accords on here. I'll let them post up here about costs etc.

h22 swap costs once again depend on how much work you do yourself.. Probably looking at around $6k to get it all done somewhere.

EuroDude
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Pfft $20,000 for a turbo, they gotta be joking. It shouldnt cost more than $6000 unless you want to race ferrari's

Spicey
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
ill Turbo it for ya for $19000!!!

But seriously, a H22 should slot in there nicely!

Hondina
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
turbo was an option they said cause was single cam not worth the work or hassle who knows, could just not want the business, would it be worth getting a cam and exhaust and extractors put on? would this make a big difference? how much power does this engine make, and could someone explain the difference between exi and vti? is there a big power difference?

Eclipsor
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
People do modify them NA in the usa.

Here are a couple of project threads. They're in cb accords but engine is pretty much the same.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=26368
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=24996

But alot more turbo them.

edit: like poid said. A lot of the parts used in the builds above aren't available directly in australia.

Hondina
02-02-2007, 11:52 AM
cool i shall do a search around the car goes wicked as it is true take off isnt that flash but once it gets going it flies hahaha im new to the honda scene but ive grown attached to it, not that im a front wheel drive fan, but eh she sticks to the road nice, just needs that lil extra breath i may just do exhuast and extractors for now, will find out about cam aswell, still got to get a new kit or fix the old unsure still, so the 6 - 10gs for turbo may need to wait, big decisions to make still

h22a accord
02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
turbo or h22a swap is the way to go.

VTi_b0i
02-02-2007, 05:13 PM
IMO dont bother with the f22b, waist of time and money and u wont be happy with the result,
i would be asking myself what i want out of the car... i wouldnt bother turboing that motor you have now unless u rebuild it for the turbo, and that could end up costing alot more then u thort.
I would get the h22a in there... with some slight mods, i have seen them get into the 13sec 1/4mile times

02-02-2007, 06:59 PM
TUrbo the Exi motor. is the way to go as i see it :p and the kit doesnt cost you more then 6000. straight bolt on and still keeping air cond. with 20.000 geh man .. ur car would be 12 sec, fully built engine and big snail under the hood :D

Xplodin
03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
There's nothing rong with Turboing a F22b3 (non Vtec) at all. 20k OMG are u serious sounds like a rip off i'd try and find somewhere cheaper. Besides Poid is prolly the person i'd be askin advice off as he is like the Accord CD5 GuRU Knows the dam thing inside out. And if ur are turbo charging ur car his got one done already!

IMO i'd prolly go a H22a Straight drop in. LSD, Close ratio Gears Wahhh i'd love that. And its prolly going to set u back about 6k's to put somthing like that in. Couple of guys on here have done so already. I'm into N/A and not force induction. And When that H22a screams She screams like a pregant woman giving birth Wahhh i love it!

At the end of the day its up to you, the boost bug hasnt gotten to me yet, but always remember NA IS BEST :D lol i'd give u a sticker if i had one spare :P

VTi_b0i
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
i love this part...why is it a bad engine to turbocharge exactly? How do you know he wont be happy with the results?

well it depends on alot of factors... how many Ks his motor has on it and if its in good condition or not, thats why i said it depends what your after from the car

VTi_b0i
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
actually you said it was a waste of time and money ;)

amount of km's on the engine means nothing when deciding to turbocharge, only the condition of the engine matters. I wouldnt hesitate turbo'ing an engine with 250 or even 300,000km on it if it had good compression numbers, a reliable history and was running strong.

haha nooo u miss understood me, i ment its a waist of time and money swapping for the SOHC VTEC motor. thats what i ment by u wont be happy with the money uve spent on doing so.

And as for the amount of Kms, yes the motor could be strong but with the pressure and strain put on that aging motor, inevitabley something will give way, but when, is anyones guess, could last a week, a year whenever

03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Dude, wat ever you do.. to you car is basicly to make the car more exiting for you. and we turbocharged or change engine or watever you do to your car is a passion.

Every body in this forum have their own opinion. I turbo charged my engine at 195XXX Km. with the mount of money i spent i could get a H22A with gearbox. but i went to a different direction.

so i think we all just respect other peoples choices and opinion.

*peace* :)

VTi_b0i
03-02-2007, 03:11 PM
^^ exactly what i been trying to say, some people prefer NA, some turbo.. it all depends on what the individual wants...

Hondina
05-02-2007, 10:46 AM
cheers people yeh it is personel preference i guess i was just curious on what people thought as there seems to be a few people who have gone either way which is good to hear, personelly i like n/a engines, cause i think its much harder to extract power from and if you do its a good accomplishment, either way i wanna try something, so with finances being kind to me hopefully i can get it done, again i may use the funds initially to tidy her up, new kit paint, get her smooth again, ok being new to hondas im guessing a h22 is a twin cam motor? and as ive read it will cost the same to doa h22 swap with extras as it would for a turbo kit? the motor no idea condition actually a bit scared to find out, im guessing it was thrashed by previous owner as some things that werent in the rac report were found when i had new cv joints put on, but ive grown attached to it and want to fix it, so sleek and kinda knight rider like haha, just goto find the light for the front haha

Thanks

VTi_b0i
05-02-2007, 06:01 PM
yeahh the h22a is a good option. its a 2.2L DOHC VTEC motor which is by no means guttless! plenty of members on here have done that to their accords and have done really good times d0wn the 1/4mile

accordaspec
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
when did u buy ur car and where from?/

Hondina
05-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Picked it up in 2003 from the autotrader.

ECU-MAN
06-02-2007, 10:00 PM
why does everyone diss the F22 :(,

SiReal
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
F series FTW ;)

F23A reporting SIR!

07-02-2007, 01:01 PM
HAHAAHAH .... F22B1 Reporting too SIR LOL ...

I know F series in japan come in twincam.. which is kinda baby H series ahahah...

07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
basically Honda just make some Frankenstein's engine on their own.. by saving up Money to invent another engine..

Funny is k24 and k20 are in lots of variety of car. Does MDX engine same as NSX ? the V6 vtec... that cross my mind..

ECU-MAN
07-02-2007, 10:26 PM
ledgend and nsx do

C30, C32 series

Holy Frog
21-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Speaking of Compression, I understand F22B3 runs 8.8:1 compression.

From a hazy memory of V8 rumour in high school - is it possible to replace the head gasket on an F22B3 with something thinner, yet stronger - to gain some higher compression?
While the head is off, perhaps a little polish on the ports to increase flow as well.

My engine is on a 94 CD5 with 130,000 on the clock. Are these concepts viable for something like the F22B3?