PDA

View Full Version : WHICH MODEL AND PROBLEMS

ABZY
15-06-2004, 04:25 PM
hey all, i'm new to this site. i'm not sure if this has been asked or not but i'm lookin to buy a 93-94 civic. at the moment i'm drivin a 93 suzuki GTi but i'm lookin to get in to a honda cause nealy all my friends own one or have owned one. now my question is which is the better model to get the si or vti?? i have heard that this are the two models i should look at and that the Si is a bit quicker off the line? and also ownin a GTi i know all about the expensive little problems cars can have and was just wondering if there is anything i should look out for (apart from all the usual stuff). well anyways i hope some1 can answer the questions for me, love the site sofar by the way, not as good as Redlinegti.com hahahaha only kiddin

ABZY

pgclee
15-06-2004, 04:26 PM
depends on ya budget dude....

an EG6 will be fine for you...around 15k aud you might get one in pretty good condition...

[[d a n n y]]
15-06-2004, 04:35 PM
well depends mate..

Si/Vti same peak power but being Vti having VTEC rushes it's power at high revs

Si however doesnt have vtec but is DOHC so more power and toque down low.

things to watch out. general wear and tear from a car that is more than 10 years old ...

other than that nothing to fault

if ur in VIC then u can get ur hands on a EG6 DOHC VTEC 170Hp
or if ur in NSW a EG civic with Engine coversion will do fine for u

ABZY
15-06-2004, 04:43 PM
$15 k for a 93 civic?? you serious i've been seein ones for bout 8-9k, which engines responds beeter to to mods like extractors zorst intake and stuff like that?? another question is how much would i be able to lower it with 18's? is it possible to get the gaurds touching the tyres? and would there be much scrubbing? i have 16's on my GTi and the back gaurds are at the tyres and theres a bit of scrubbin

[[d a n n y]]
15-06-2004, 06:14 PM
$15 k for a 93 civic?? you serious i've been seein ones for bout 8-9k, which engines responds beeter to to mods like extractors zorst intake and stuff like that?? another question is how much would i be able to lower it with 18's? is it possible to get the gaurds touching the tyres? and would there be much scrubbing? i have 16's on my GTi and the back gaurds are at the tyres and theres a bit of scrubbin

the 1's u've been seeing is the DOHC (non VTEC) and the Vti (SOHC VTEC)

the 15k price range car is the EG6 (DOHC VTEC) car top of the range.
this car is hands down faster than any stadard EG and will respond much better to basic mods and cam mods and more parts available.

and 18's? hm...dont try mate...defect plus.it'll scrub

LatinoHatchCrap
15-06-2004, 06:31 PM
another question is how much would i be able to lower it with 18's? is it possible to get the gaurds touching the tyres? and would there be much scrubbing?

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Weq
15-06-2004, 06:32 PM
The VTi and Si have been compared thousands of time, use the search button!

As for 18's. its been done before and shouldnt really matter unless u get a rim which is larger then 7" s

ABZY
15-06-2004, 07:42 PM
oh well i just thought that it would be possible as a friend on mine has one with 17's and the front and back wheels are under the gaurds and he desn't seem to have a problem with it. owell i'll give it a try anyways, defecting doesn't bother me to much as i know i can just get it passed straight away. so which of the two engines responds better to the normal engine mods?

2ds
15-06-2004, 07:57 PM
the DOHC model i believe, the SOCH is more fuel efficient.

-2ds

ABZY
15-06-2004, 08:05 PM
sweet thanks man, i got one last question, does the si have power windows?

forensics
15-06-2004, 09:16 PM
ive got 15s on my car, and they scrub like a B^Tch

[[d a n n y]]
15-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Si's got everything the VTi has except for the sunroof

A'PEXi
15-06-2004, 11:13 PM
another question is how much would i be able to lower it with 18's? is it possible to get the gaurds touching the tyres? and would there be much scrubbing?

you can probarbly just fit 18's on a eg, would be a harsh ride, lowering is possible but expect mega scrubbage :P.....

and si and vti are fairly similar, i think danny has explained the main differences.... vti is sohc vtec, si is dohc non vtec.

just as usual tho, with buying 2nd hand cars, get a mech to check it over for you, drive it yourself, inspect it, etc. maybe as bren for a bit of help :D

welcome to the forums btw...

Weq
16-06-2004, 01:10 AM
]]
Si's got everything the VTi has except for the sunroof

No it doesnt danny.. For one it lacks Velour trim and a center console. and thats just starteers.