PDA

View Full Version : How should i run air con in 06 civic

Diesmile
04-02-2007, 01:01 AM
well, lately i am keep thinking these 2 questions, so i might as well ask here, and hopefully to get clear answers.

1: is it more effective to run at the coldest temp with a low fan speed or a moderate temp with a higher fan speed? which way stress engine more?

2: on the manual, it says best to use intake fresh air all the time compare to circulate the air inside ur car, but when you using ur air con, isn't more effective to use circulate air option? so the cold air inside ur car will not get pushed outside hence less work for the engine..

sorry my english isn't good enough, but hope you guys can understand.

EuroDude
04-02-2007, 01:22 AM
1) It would be more fuel efficient to run at a moderate temp with the fan on high since it would use more power from the battery, rather than the AC running of the Belt more often - causing the engine to work harder.

2) Using Air Recycling will make AC more effective. They say you need to use Fresh Air so you dont run out of oxygen. Just open the Window for a few seconds every few minutes and u should be fine.

EuroAccord13
04-02-2007, 04:04 AM
And on a hot day, turn the aircon off and blow the fan at the maximum to remove the moisture in the ducts.. If not, it will become a heaven for Mould and Mildew to grow inside....

SiReal
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
are you able to just replace the micro cabin air filter to get rid of those nasty A/C smells? or do i have to do what you said?

EuroDude
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeh replacing the cabin air filter will help, but the smell can also come from the air vent piping. If its in bad condition, you can use a special deodorizer spray to remove the smell.

denot
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
2) Using Air Recycling will make AC more effective. They say you need to use Fresh Air so you dont run out of oxygen. Just open the Window for a few seconds every few minutes and u should be fine.

Is it save using Air Recycling? My mechanic told me that Honda (and any other Jap brand car) doesnt have good air filter, so when u use the Air Recyling features, it will suck all the dust and CO2 from outside and blow it straight at you (not good for atshma ppl?)

mrwillz
05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
^ also
i never knew about this
i alwais close all outside air intake
otherwise its jus not cool air or cold