PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Emanage question

sesshoumaru
15-06-2004, 05:16 PM
hi all,

i purchased a second hand emanage from a friend who had it all set up for his 180sx...

i would like to know if i can reset all the values to default, and install the unit myself then drive somewhere to get it tuned. I also have the ignition harness.

i would like to do this so i can save on installation costs.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Weq
15-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Do u know how it has been tuned already? Have the maps been altered or has it just been used like an AFC with the rotatry switches on the side?
To set it to defaults u will need to turn all the rotary switches to 0 and clear all the maps. The only way to do this is with the data cable + software.
I have both but really am not willing to sell u the cable as it was specical order from malaysia :)

TODA AU
15-06-2004, 07:19 PM
hi all,

i purchased a second hand emanage from a friend who had it all set up for his 180sx...

i would like to know if i can reset all the values to default, and install the unit myself then drive somewhere to get it tuned. I also have the ignition harness.

i would like to do this so i can save on installation costs.

any suggestions?

thanks!

Set all the default values to zero.
(You'll need the support tool set... Cable & software CD)
- we have them in stock @ Advan)
Also set the jumper pins inside to suit Vtec Honda.
If you wire everything in correctly, you'll definatly save on instalation costs. If you muck it up, you'll add to your total costs.

sesshoumaru
15-06-2004, 07:50 PM
weq : sorry i'm not 100% sure if it has been tuned like you said, but most likely it has. I'll try and find that out...

well anyway, thanks guys for the help. sounds like it mite not be worth the costs & hassle... i guess it depends how much the software / data cable are.

Weq & TodaAU : Would it be possible for you to PM me the pricing of the data cable and software?

thanks again.

sesshoumaru
15-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Also,

am i able to wire up the ignition harness aswell? Or should i just leave it to them? (i noticed a few more jumpers needed to be changed to put the harness in)

Does the emanage need to be in the car for the fuel maps to be reset (via the software/cable)? ie. can i just take the unit itself to a tuner and ask them to reset it for me?

is it OK for me to set some of the rotary switches that i know? Like the no. of cylinders one... can i just set that to four? Or should i just make everything zero?

thanks...!

TODA AU
15-06-2004, 10:06 PM
PM sent...

Regarding wiring, it really just depends on how capable you are...
If you're not confident, then it's hard to say if you'll have trouble or not...
E-manage is pretty straight forward.
So, just do as much as you feel comfortable with then take it to your tuner...

Weq
16-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Wiring up the ignition is a little harder only because u gotta sort through the difference tyes of ignitions. it all comes with the software though and in the end, for me, it was only 2 single wires.. yes thats right, 2 wires!
(4cly, single distributer).

PM sent regarding software+cable.

Looneee
16-06-2004, 01:22 PM
A bit of a hi-jack of this thread, but does anyone know of a good greddy e-manage tuner?

Jim80y
16-06-2004, 04:49 PM
General consensus on this board is Dyno Dave or Advan :)

TODA AU
16-06-2004, 04:58 PM
A bit of a hi-jack of this thread, but does anyone know of a good greddy e-manage tuner?

You're in Melbourne?
See Adrian @ Raztech

sesshoumaru
16-06-2004, 06:51 PM
ahh thanks todaAU and Weq for the pm's :)

i think i will give it a go...

i was planning to get my car tuned at TT later... they seem to know what they're doing ;) .

expensive stuff tho, install and tune!! :? :? :?