PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone wired up a double din stereo in civic 06?

fab4272
04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi all,
Just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the dash in a civic 06 model and replaced the stereo with a double din unit, or possibly with a single din unit. I wouldn't mind putting in a unit that has GPS navigation built in as I'm not a fan of hanging a unit of the windshield.

Thanks,

Fab

GRU53M
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM
If your after a double din unit try the ECLIPSE AVN6000 which has dvd cd and sat nav all in the one unit.

Cheers Stephen

Aco3n
05-02-2007, 01:18 AM
I got the replacement dash from indo.. and brackets can be sourced in melbourne.. if that's what you mean?

fab4272
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
I got the replacement dash from indo.. and brackets can be sourced in melbourne.. if that's what you mean?
I gather you mean indo as in indonesia? do you have a company name?

Aco3n
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I gather you mean indo as in indonesia? do you have a company name?

yeah.. got it from one of the dealership in jakarta.. it doesn't come with the brackets though.. and they won't supply with one..

tkbuild
05-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to know if anyone has replaced the dash in a civic 06 model and replaced the stereo with a double din unit, or possibly with a single din unit. I wouldn't mind putting in a unit that has GPS navigation built in as I'm not a fan of hanging a unit of the windshield.

Thanks,

Fab

i'm intrested too...
see my pic... thats wt i'm looking for.... if ne1 have ne1 idea pls share.. :D :D :thumbsup:

JaCe
04-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Isn't that the american Civic interior in your pic?

From memory, the cost and effort of installing the new dash was quite high (for me) and made me avoid it. I'm personally exploring the avenue of an LCD screen which can I stick somewhere (and also remove when necessary), hooked up to one of the newer iPod integration kits which support iPod Video.

amurray
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
im also looking to put a DD in my dash or some sort of rca out converter.. anyone found anything yeT?

JChen
04-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Hi

Got a original honda replacement fascia with bracket for around SGD 120 when I went back to Singapore for holidays. The only thing now is finding a headunit to install. :D

Not sure who can I trust to install the headunit and the new fascia

amurray
05-04-2007, 07:42 PM
i picked up a audio processer today... going to do the job nicely... it makes the qual better.. and gives u full control over ur chanels and splits ch1,ch2,ch3 3 being sub with its own control.. u can pick them up from northfeild for 499... WORTH IT

JaCe
14-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi

Got a original honda replacement fascia with bracket for around SGD 120 when I went back to Singapore for holidays. The only thing now is finding a headunit to install. :D

Not sure who can I trust to install the headunit and the new fascia

Are you sure it's that cheap? May I ask where in SG?

Btw on a sidenote, are we allowed to modify the car when it has airbags? I'm not sure how it works when you have to reinstall the dash.

JChen
15-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Yup. I got it from Kah Motor which is the Honda dealer in SG. You have to go to the parts department. I got additional honda console from them as well for 80. The console has a anti-open mechanism tat prevents it from accidentally opening when going upslope. Installed an Alpine 9861 and the console below it yesterday. Got the installer to put a hole in the console so that the ipod can be conectted thru that. Alas!...the tweeter fell off today though...
:(

Brought back a "3M" Nomand mat back as well when i was there....
Got a dust filter for SGD78 from mc well ventures while i was there...kinda ex but was running out of time to be searching for it.

ozR18
16-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Yup. I got it from Kah Motor which is the Honda dealer in SG. You have to go to the parts department. I got additional honda console from them as well for 80. The console has a anti-open mechanism tat prevents it from accidentally opening when going upslope. Installed an Alpine 9861 and the console below it yesterday. Got the installer to put a hole in the console so that the ipod can be conectted thru that. Alas!...the tweeter fell off today though...

Got a dust filter for SGD78 from mc well ventures while i was there...kinda ex but was running out of time to be searching for it.

Can we have a look at it (pics)...damn im excited!

amurray
30-04-2007, 06:33 PM
woo pics... cant wait to see

MaKH
07-05-2007, 03:50 AM
You guys can consider Alpine IVA-W200 2Din DVD Player.
A very nice 2DIN DVD Player that blend wells with FD, especially the display is blue in color. It's a touch-screen 24bit DAC DVD/CD player. Connecting of ipod, external GPS and Reverse camera is possible with this HU too. Retaining of existing steering control is also possible with an add-on adaptor sold seperately. Not sure Aussie FD comes with steering control.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/My%20Civic%20FD/iva-w200a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/My%20Civic%20FD/w200-dark.jpg

The HU panel can be changed away, as Honda did come out original parts for FD HU panel..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/ICE%20for%20FD/civicHUConsole.jpg

JaCe
13-05-2007, 08:56 PM

Haha I've been to McWell... lol it's funny to hear these Singaporean places mentioned on OzHonda.

You guys can consider Alpine IVA-W200 2Din DVD Player.
A very nice 2DIN DVD Player that blend wells with FD, especially the display is blue in color. It's a touch-screen 24bit DAC DVD/CD player. Connecting of ipod, external GPS and Reverse camera is possible with this HU too. Retaining of existing steering control is also possible with an add-on adaptor sold seperately. Not sure Aussie FD comes with steering control.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/My%20Civic%20FD/iva-w200a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/My%20Civic%20FD/w200-dark.jpg

The HU panel can be changed away, as Honda did come out original parts for FD HU panel..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tropez_chong/ICE%20for%20FD/civicHUConsole.jpg

Wow looks very nice there mate. Haha now I wonder if maybe I should've taken that approach... but then I have to admit, I am pretty happy with my system and whilst no DVD playback, it's sufficient for my need. Your pic looks very tempting though!

JP.87
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
tats is sooo tempting
how much is da ALPINE W200 worth? $1600-$2000??
~

sam.
06-01-2008, 01:12 PM
that fascia is not available in aus :(

match
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
that fascia is not available in aus :(

yes it is.... check ebay or traders... but one think I'm want to know is can you bypass the parking brake on the alpine so that you can watch dvd while you are driving? for my front passenger anyway :)

amurray
12-01-2008, 12:16 AM
lol.. wire it to a solid signal :P

JaCe
13-01-2008, 04:11 PM
LOL it's funny to see this thread still here since there's other ppl asking about the double DIN kit on the Civic 2001+ forum.

Just came back from McWell's and they seem to stock A LOT of gear. I talked to one of the guys there and they said they are slowly exporting to Aus (for customers who already buy from them) so it shouldn't be long before they start doing it more... maybe that'll be a new way to source this gear.