PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers, adjusting rear height. Do I need an alignment done?

p3p5y
04-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi guys,

I've got BuddyClubs N+ Coilovers installed on my DC5R. My ride is currently sitting quite low. I want to get my rear coilovers raised an inch higher.

If I adjust the height in the back, do I need to get a wheel alignment done? If so, do I need to do the alignment on all four wheels or just the two back wheels?

Thanks!

bigjo5
04-02-2007, 10:02 PM
yes u will need to get a wheel alignment for anything adjusted within the suspension section of the car, if ur rasing it by abit.. i say u prolly wont need to but best if u do.. so then u get even wear and that on ur tyres.

aaronng
04-02-2007, 10:43 PM
Unless you have a camber kit installed, all an alignment can do is to check whether the camber, toe and castor are within specs and at most, an adjustment to the toe angle.

But, yeah, it's still best to get an alignment check to see if you are within or out of specs so you can decide whether to invest in a camber kit.

matt
04-02-2007, 10:54 PM
im pretty sure with the N+ on dc5r's you need to take the rears out to adjust height so prolly will have too.

p3p5y
05-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Just to be 100% safe, I think I will get an alignment done.

Thanks.