PDA

View Full Version : Accord First car?

cronic
05-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Hey all.. just joined today :)

I'm currently in the market for my first car (been getting away with driving parents for a while) and was looking into 95' accords. They seem to meet most of my selection criteria:
-looks good
-within 10k budget
-hasn't clocked up a huge amount of k's (120 - 150k)
-insurance wouldn't be to great

That checklist seems to work fine.. up until i have to consider servicing in which i have no idea.. so my question is... how much in a range would it cost annually to service a 12yr old accord?
I was also looking at preludes but maybe later ;)

cheers

edit: oh also.. any problems that would normally occur with that age of car i should look out for? I would hate to buy a lemon :(

Sensei
05-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi and welcome Cronic.

The CD Accord (94-97) are nice cars provided they've been maintained & looked after properly. High Ks wouldn't put me off either as they're tough and designed to last.

I'd go with a 96 or 97 as it's the updated/refreshed version. I'm not too sure on what to look out for (hoping someone else can help here or you can check out the Accord forum). Make sure belts, fluids have been changed and it's got a service history (regular minor servicing should only cost about $100-$150 from independant mechanic/Midas/Ultratune/Carline/etc or $200-$250 from Honda dealer per visit).

SiReal
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
One thing to note: CD accords were bult in Japan = quality. 98-00 Accords were built in US (soso), 01-02 built in Thailand (better).

Go the CD. All VTi's and VTiS's have sunroofs + vtec. get that model. Don't bother with the EXi. No vtec, no sunroof. Still good but. (sorry johnno). But al similiarly priced.

+ rep sensei :thumbsup:

yourfather
05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Go with whatever you feel comfortable with.

I like CD accords

Atjo
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Is Johnno's car Exi? Cause his car has sunroof.

SiReal
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
yep. its an EXi. "prestige sunroofs" sunroof.

Xplodin
06-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Thats right baby! Bring on the Sunroof.

Anyways i wrote Some info about this a while a go when someone was asking almost the same question. All the guys above are right in what they say about the CD5 Accord. I'll start off with Exterior.

There are two type of models here. CD5 SI and CD5 SII (series 1 and 2) The S1 ran from Late 93 right through to mid - late 95, where as the SII ran from Late 95 through to late 97. Just before the release of the CG/CK Accords Which moved production to USA/Thailand. As Jeff(Sireal) said above the CD5 were built in Japan. Generaly means Quality. Anyways the main difference you'll see are, Different Seat material, Rear lights, Front Grill, Front bumper, Rear Bumper and thats about it.

In terms of models, there are three varients; EXi, VTi and VTi-S. The EXi, is your basic model. Nothing to fancy just the cheap one on the block, But u'll be unique cos there's not that many around (well here in melb anyways) Most of them are VTi's or VTi-S's. But main point is, No Sunroof, No Vtec, No ABS, But it does have Electric Mirrors and windows. VTi has alittle bit more in terms of specs. Sunroof with no tilt, and A Vtec motor, ABS. Once again VTi-S are the flagship model boasting full lux features inc, Leather seats, Sunroof, Dual Airbags, ABS, Climate Control, Electric Windows, Mirrors Its all i can think of now.

In terms of the Engine, I'll be using Three Engine codes, two main ones and one other. F22B3, F22B1 and H22A. The F22B3 Is a non Vtec engine, SOHC and puts out a Massive 103Kw @ the fly. The F22B1 is the Vtec Varient of the F22B3, and puts out a Huge 107Kw @ the Fly. Not much difference at all. The H22A is probly every CD5 owners dreams to have in their car. A complete direct blot up, direct from the Prelude the DOHC Vtec H22A motor out puts almost as much as a nuclear bomb at 141Kw @ the Fly. Anyways back to the main two, The EXi's are equiped with the F22B3, where as the VTi and VTi-S's are with the F22B1. Now there's only about 4 Kw's differance but weight changes between the models i think is about 50kg on the VTi and another 50Kg's on the VTi-S. So If u look at it Not much Gain if any at all between the engines.

At the end of the day, its up to you mate which one you choose. Either choice they are great cars and they go like mad. Try to choose one with Low km's. Might be a higher price but u know that it was looked after. Either SI or SII, Both run the same and have almost the same structure, Reason i chose SII cos it was the most Up to date model, with all the Bugs Ironed out of it by then, and why the EXi, its because i couldn't find a VTi in Manual that was in good condition. Performance is about the same in all models.

Good Luck in finding an Accord thats right for you, take ur time as the right one will pop up. And im sorry for the lengthy text. :D

I see that ur a Melbournian, Come out to the meet tonite (tues 6th) and i'll beable to show u my car. And if u like i can help u look for the right one. Let me know....

Details of tonites meet are found here Clikky here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60316)

SiReal
06-02-2007, 08:41 AM
blardy good effort for 7:42am in the mornig. i was still asleep.

Xplodin
06-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Hahah thanks Jeff :P I love my CD5 accords Soo Hotness :D

aaronng
06-02-2007, 11:31 AM
If you plan on getting an Auto, check if the car is still on its original gearbox. The autobox of the CD accord tends to shit itself after about 8-10 years by the strainer getting clogged by the clutch pack material. If it is on its 2nd gearbox, then that's good. If it is on its first, then be prepared to go hunting for a 2nd hand box or an expensive rebuild (the autobox has to be taken apart to access the strainer filter).

Xplodin
06-02-2007, 11:35 AM
If you plan on getting an Auto, check if the car is still on its original gearbox. The autobox of the CD accord tends to shit itself after about 8-10 years by the strainer getting clogged by the clutch pack material. If it is on its 2nd gearbox, then that's good. If it is on its first, then be prepared to go hunting for a 2nd hand box or an expensive rebuild (the autobox has to be taken apart to access the strainer filter).
I thought it was the CG/CK models had the shit gearbox. AS far as i'm aware the auto box in the CD's were fine.... *shrugs* didnt know about that one....

06-02-2007, 12:00 PM
hemp... the 94-97 would be nice :P coz thats my first car and the car im driving ..

aaronng
06-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought it was the CG/CK models had the shit gearbox. AS far as i'm aware the auto box in the CD's were fine.... *shrugs* didnt know about that one....

The gearbox is good. The strainer is shit. Once the fibres from the clutch pack clog the strainer, then there is not enough ATF fluid circulating the autobox. When that happens, the remaining material in the clutch pack undergoes accelerated wear. We had our autobox rebuilt by replacing the clutch pack and strainer, but it still got blocked after 3-4 months and we lost 2nd and eventually 3rd gear. Replaced the whole box with one from a wreck (with less kms on it), and problem was gone for the next 4 years (and counting. Dad drives the car). BTW, VSS can fail too, but that's an easy fix. It's fun seeing your speedo jump around.

Xplodin
06-02-2007, 01:34 PM
OKies i guess u learn something new everyday....

Vinnie
06-02-2007, 10:55 PM
In terms of models, there are three varients; EXi, VTi and VTi-S. The EXi, is your basic model. Nothing to fancy just the cheap one on the block, But u'll be unique cos there's not that many around (well here in melb anyways) Most of them are VTi's or VTi-S's. But main point is, No Sunroof, No Vtec, No ABS, But it does have Electric Mirrors and windows. VTi has alittle bit more in terms of specs. Sunroof with no tilt, and A Vtec motor, ABS. Once again VTi-S are the flagship model boasting full lux features inc, Leather seats, Sunroof, Dual Airbags, ABS, Climate Control, Electric Windows, Mirrors Its all i can think of now.

almost right except ABS brakes were only standard on the VTi-S (at the beginning of production at least) and the VTi-S did not always have duel airbags (mine is drivers only).

main differences up the range as specified are VTi adds sunroof, alloys and VTEC (ABS and airbag optional - on S1's at least) and VTi-S also gets leather interior, airbag/s and ABS as standard and climate control A/C on the later models.

in any case, theyre a very nice car and im happy with my purchase of a CD5 as my first car :)

07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Woo Hoo Lucky I got ABS :P

Thats really do save my life hahahah Countless

spirit
07-02-2007, 11:43 PM
I've owned a CD5 EXi and VTi and both were brilliant. Never ever had mechanic problems. The metallic paint on that looked so good once you buffed it up! That auto box took a bit of abuse too (good old honda-matics) but was still going strong when I upgraded to a Euro =)

Only problem I did have was the exhaust ended up getting a hole in it due to rust. So check that out b4 you buy also.

h22a accord
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
The H22A is probly every CD5 owners dreams to have in their car. A complete direct blot up, direct from the Prelude the DOHC Vtec H22A motor out puts almost as much as a nuclear bomb at 141Kw @ the Fly.

awesome info xplodin :) I want to add that if u get jap spec h22a motor it puts out 200hp/149kw at the fly.

Xplodin
10-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Hahha thanks Cam.... yeah u know we both love our cd5's :D

cronic
12-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Hey thanks for the info guys very much appreciated :D..
The whole auto gearbox issue sounds pretty scary... sorta puts me off getting one :/
On a side note.. does anyone know one of those places that does all those tests before buying a used car in melb?? I heard NRMA's awful from a mate... as is RACV...

cheers

SiReal
12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
auto gearboxes arent THAT bad. just dont drive it hard all day everyday, and you MUST USE GENUINE Honda Automatic Tranny fluid - they put special stuff in it designed only for our gearboxes.

Keep it regularly serviced and you'll be fine. most auto gearboxes cark out around 160,000 kms anyway, or at least start to get lumpy - same with honda's.

Trust me, its better that you know about these problems before u buy, vs someone who doesnt know about them and the future unknown.

Xplodin
12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Cronic,

If u want, as i said in a post before... i can help u look... and my mechanic specilizes in hondas and knows em inside out.... PM me if u want.

4thGenExi
14-02-2007, 11:12 PM
No ones had a guesstimate at how much Accords cost per year to maintain, so I'll give it a shot.

Mines a CB7, not a CD5 but its still made in Japan. Has average kays for its age. From 200,000 to 250k's heres a list and cost breakdown of the stuff I've had to do:-

CV joint recondition/rebuild $600
Distributor assembly box blown - only option genuine honda piece - $480
Electrical fault - ignition relay - $250 (auto electrician)
New o2 sensor - $90

A complete lube service, fluid check, full inspection and tyre rotation and balance sets me back $150-$200 from my local mechanic who has been servicing the family Hondas for 10 years and knows them intimately.

My car now has close to 290ks on the clock and I've had no major expense for 70k of those. It doesnt drip a drop of oil, the gearbox is strong and changes confidently, the cooling system is tight and doesnt leak, air conditioner blows cold air, the interior has held up fine apart from a small crack in the drivers side door handle.

Bottom line is Japanese Accords go the distance! :)

Xplodin
15-02-2007, 08:16 AM
No ones had a guesstimate at how much Accords cost per year to maintain, so I'll give it a shot.

Mines a CB7, not a CD5 but its still made in Japan. Has average kays for its age. From 200,000 to 250k's heres a list and cost breakdown of the stuff I've had to do:-

CV joint recondition/rebuild $600
Distributor assembly box blown - only option genuine honda piece - $480
Electrical fault - ignition relay - $250 (auto electrician)
New o2 sensor - $90

A complete lube service, fluid check, full inspection and tyre rotation and balance sets me back $150-$200 from my local mechanic who has been servicing the family Hondas for 10 years and knows them intimately.

My car now has close to 290ks on the clock and I've had no major expense for 70k of those. It doesnt drip a drop of oil, the gearbox is strong and changes confidently, the cooling system is tight and doesnt leak, air conditioner blows cold air, the interior has held up fine apart from a small crack in the drivers side door handle.

Bottom line is Japanese Accords go the distance! :)
Wahhh get this right, I've also got a CB7 but its not really mine. My mum/dad driver it as their every day driver. Anyways, its got on the clock Get this and if u dont believe me i'll take a photo 410k on it... And still going strong. Only problem is its leaking oil, and i know its the rear gasget between the gearbox/engine. so its a pretty big job to do so untill we need to get the gear box service thats the only time we are going to replace it.

As long as you look after your car, change the oil every 5k and u should be right. I know this guy who changes his oil every 2500kms, He works for Mobil and gets the good stuff cheap as chips. The cheapest insurance for your car is an oil change every 5k. Keep it clean from the slug build up and u should be fine!

moreboost
21-02-2007, 07:20 PM
do it do it do it do it do it, you wont regret it, accords are the best hondaz( other than the nsx):honda:

mikeypoopi3
28-02-2007, 02:47 PM
yeah accords are an awesome first car unfortunately my accord (VTi/manual) didnt see the end of its first year with me ( 7 months ) cause of a CRV.

anywho onto the topic. yeah the accords are great just as long as it's been looked after and after it gets into your hands you look after it as well. keep it serviced regularly and checked up and try not to excessively drive it hard.

build quality is great but expect to go through a handful of headaches if you attempt to do some DIY modifications. i know that mods as in stereowise will be a little harder then lets say a civic. (because the car is so well build there is alot of extra carpet panels and paint to give the car a better finished touch.)

performance wise depending on the budget wont get you that far (I/H/E) so dont expect too much from that as it is more of a fuel efficiency VTEC engine. but its still a fun car to drive as it loves to rev ( sounds awesome with even just a SRI/CAI ).

To probably get more driver-happy-feel to it i'd say do more suspension/handling work to it. ( lowered with wider aftermarket wheels, upgraded shocks/coilovers, sway bars, and body stiffening ( eg. strut braces)

A warning if you are looking for a manual because the clutch and flywheel prices might shock you if you intend to upgrade to exedy HD. ( in a way it might not be that much but for a family car it might not be worth it )

but to sum it all up its a great driving car, its got decent amount of people space and bootspace ( if you dont have a sub ;). interior is very neat especially if you spend time to detail it. it has front and back middle arm rests ( the front is awesome cause its material not vinyl so even when you have sweaty arms it doesnt feel sticky. and also if you can find the JDM front center console arm rests it has a cup holder that you can pull out at the back for the back passengers.
Seats are very comfy, my GF always goes to sleep everytime shes in the car.

Parts wise expect to fork out a little because it is a honda, but then you have the quality assurance with that price.

i think thats most of it from the top of my head hope that gives you an insight of owning an accord.

BTW not sure if the exi's have it but the VTi/VTi-S has electric seats.

BUN-135
01-03-2007, 03:00 PM
yeah accords are an awesome first car unfortunately my accord (VTi/manual) didnt see the end of its first year with me ( 7 months ) cause of a CRV.

anywho onto the topic. yeah the accords are great just as long as it's been looked after and after it gets into your hands you look after it as well. keep it serviced regularly and checked up and try not to excessively drive it hard.

build quality is great but expect to go through a handful of headaches if you attempt to do some DIY modifications. i know that mods as in stereowise will be a little harder then lets say a civic. (because the car is so well build there is alot of extra carpet panels and paint to give the car a better finished touch.)

performance wise depending on the budget wont get you that far (I/H/E) so dont expect too much from that as it is more of a fuel efficiency VTEC engine. but its still a fun car to drive as it loves to rev ( sounds awesome with even just a SRI/CAI ).

To probably get more driver-happy-feel to it i'd say do more suspension/handling work to it. ( lowered with wider aftermarket wheels, upgraded shocks/coilovers, sway bars, and body stiffening ( eg. strut braces)

A warning if you are looking for a manual because the clutch and flywheel prices might shock you if you intend to upgrade to exedy HD. ( in a way it might not be that much but for a family car it might not be worth it )

but to sum it all up its a great driving car, its got decent amount of people space and bootspace ( if you dont have a sub ;). interior is very neat especially if you spend time to detail it. it has front and back middle arm rests ( the front is awesome cause its material not vinyl so even when you have sweaty arms it doesnt feel sticky. and also if you can find the JDM front center console arm rests it has a cup holder that you can pull out at the back for the back passengers.
Seats are very comfy, my GF always goes to sleep everytime shes in the car.

Parts wise expect to fork out a little because it is a honda, but then you have the quality assurance with that price.

i think thats most of it from the top of my head hope that gives you an insight of owning an accord.

BTW not sure if the exi's have it but the VTi/VTi-S has electric seats.

Nicely said Mikey, hope you find your new baby soon so we can go crusin' again

mikeypoopi3
02-03-2007, 08:22 AM
hahaha yeah i hope so too =\ its been too long......

Xplodin
02-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Once again nicely said Mikey!!!! i'll agree with you all the way there!!!

No the Exi doesnt have the electric seats... but who needs it anyways :P takes too much time to just move the dam thing!

I've got a CB7 well my parents as well as Rover 75, Both have electric seats pain the arse to move it cos i'm 6' and they are like 5'5".

mikeypoopi3
02-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Once again nicely said Mikey!!!! i'll agree with you all the way there!!!

No the Exi doesnt have the electric seats... but who needs it anyways :P takes too much time to just move the dam thing!

I've got a CB7 well my parents as well as Rover 75, Both have electric seats pain the arse to move it cos i'm 6' and they are like 5'5".

heheh cheers

well i just wanted to mention it does have electric seats hehehe
im stuck here =\ i'm lookin for another car but i think i might have to go back to the sexy CD5's. especially if you have a pic of your old one on the desktop =\

Xplodin
02-03-2007, 11:06 AM
How about this pic to temp u alittle bit more :D.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/Misc%20Stuff/main.jpg

VTC-8OY
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
im looking to change to an accord too... anyone got any pics of white or any coloured 94 cd5s dumpedddd with 18's or 19s?

saskia
02-03-2007, 03:30 PM
i just bought a 94 honda accord, vtec, sunroof immaculate condition, auto (i dont mind as i live in the city) and the upholstery is great.
Just had the windows tinted, only downer is it doesnt contain a cd player, easily changed tho.
so far i've really enjoyed it, cruisy and funny when vtec kicks in lol!

03-03-2007, 02:05 AM
How about this pic to temp u alittle bit more :D.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/Misc%20Stuff/main.jpg

HOW on earth does the sunroof tilt? mine doesnt :( i got the cd5 vti-s + heavy electric dirver seat and cool aircond control ;)

Xplodin
03-03-2007, 07:34 PM
After market my friend.... After Market :P hahahahah Muhahahahha

mikeypoopi3
05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
jeeeezus tilting sunroof on an accord is sexness :thumbsup:

heres a down-qualitied version of the pic i was talkin about..... just imagine it hi-res and more background.

http://www.ozaccord.com/forums/gallery/data/500/mikeypoopi3accord.jpg

isnt that such a sexy ass? with them little muffler tips? hehehe

darnit now i want another accord now! this time with a tilt sunroof lol

Xplodin
06-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Dam Mike dats one sexc arse end u got there! Ur car's Sheerwood Green Right?

This makes me apreciate my accord alot more :D So dam sexy! Man that accord of yours is clean! I want one too now :( wait i've got one... But it aint that clean :( Dats it i'm bring out my photos.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/Misc%20Stuff/AccordAfternoon.jpg

mikeypoopi3
06-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Dam Mike dats one sexc arse end u got there! Ur car's Sheerwood Green Right?

This makes me apreciate my accord alot more :D So dam sexy! Man that accord of yours is clean! I want one too now :( wait i've got one... But it aint that clean :( Dats it i'm bring out my photos.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/Misc%20Stuff/AccordAfternoon.jpg

yeah dude its sherwood heheeh yeah i loved the accord. so sad i have to find another one now =\
hehee dont think we should flood this thread with photos lol. might get some people annoyed :p

08-03-2007, 12:46 AM
every body make me so jealous coz of the TILTING sunroof !!! GRRRR unfair :( LOL

mikeypoopi3
08-03-2007, 03:08 PM
not everyone has a tilting sunroof lol

Xplodin
08-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I do :D

mikeypoopi3
08-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I do :D

i think we know that already :p hehehe

08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
btw wat sunroof that fits on the original rail? or space on accord? if i may know :p i mite search for 1 .. its so sexy :(

Xplodin
09-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Just go to a sunroof Specilist they will tell you. They could prolly fit an after maket one for you as well. I know mines an aftermaket one :D bring it on baby!

mikeypoopi3
09-03-2007, 07:50 AM
So........... in the end... has cronic made a desicion to buy an accord yet or what? hehehe

this is what the whole thing was about to start off with wasnt it?

Xplodin
09-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Well i'm in the process of looking at an accord with Phil/Cronic. Hopefully one soon.

09-03-2007, 01:45 PM
LOL yeah yeah :p we off track

moreboost
09-03-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah sunroofs are cool:thumbsup: too bad i dont have one:thumbdwn: here is some pics to get you exi ted.... get it EXI hahahahahaha... well i thought it was funny
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20SPYDER20front.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20SPYDER220front.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20SF220front.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20extreme20REAR.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20EXTREME20front.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20BC20front.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k235/moreboost_2006/94-9520accord20COMBAT20REAR.jpg

mikeypoopi3
10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Well i'm in the process of looking at an accord with Phil/Cronic. Hopefully one soon.

looking at an accord with?

you helping him or you findin one too??
*confusion* hehe

Xplodin
10-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Yes I am. But i'm actualy in Melb so i can help him in person:P

mikeypoopi3
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
awww aint you a sweetie hehee

well good luck on findin one aye :thumbsup:

SiReal
10-03-2007, 08:31 PM
damn fockers. what about the CG? hehe

Pics courtesy of v6performance.net User: sneakyxaccord

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/sneakyxaccord/IMG_2353.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/sneakyxaccord/IMG_2355.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/sneakyxaccord/IMG_2370.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/sneakyxaccord/IMG_2364.jpg

Pics courtesy of v6performance.net

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6189/205149953fullpx0.jpg

Pics courtesy of v6performance.net User: Doctor X

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9129/o51664rl5.jpg

And yes, accords are a great first car. Don't expect to be doing laps faster than civics and integras but your mates will thank you when they're cruising in comfort.

My first car, the one i bought myself is a 01 Accord in black.

SiReal
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I want my car too look like this one day:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/stupidaznmunkey/Danielshoot009V2.jpg

mikeypoopi3
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
well i think its most probably the price range that he was going by, most CG's would just be in the high 9's and over.

i was considering a vti 2.3L CG once i found one i drove it...
unfortunately i wasn't really impressed with the drive and feel. the car felt bigger and plasticy-er gear shifts were clunky and cheap and the seats looked like it was from a cressida with the thick chord patten. and the door trimming was just a little funny looking to me. thats why i didnt really go for one. although exterior wise they do look hot when done up.

i guess...... maybe i was expecting too much from it comming from a CD vti. but i was assuming that since they made such an awesome car the next Gen accord should be even better.... but i guess they spent the development money on other standard essential offerings on the car.

not really dissing the CG's what so ever but thats my opinion and hope no one really takes offense (whoever owns one ;) )

but as i said in the beginning the budget was 10K and the CD would be more appropriate

Xplodin
11-03-2007, 08:43 AM
WOOT WOOT GO THE CD5 ACCORDS! Muhahahahahha

Narh Jeff Ur car is sexc! Its like Sex on wheels. When are you going to DIY Black out your head lights? I could help if u want? lol DIY FTW!

SiReal
11-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Its all good :) I love both. hehe. I wanna DIY so bad but i'm afraid to stuff it up. So I wanna just get a spare set first before i attempt anything.

mikeypoopi3
13-03-2007, 01:42 PM
hehehe do it!!
DOOO ITTT~~~~~!!!!:thumbsup:

sugz
14-03-2007, 12:55 PM
just do it, you cant really go wrong with it

Xplodin
15-03-2007, 08:06 AM
Yeah Jeff listen to them. Just do it :D

b18c7dc2
17-03-2007, 01:18 AM
haha, i'm thinking about getting one too now.... i love the dark green, or better still dark blue.... they look nice with just the stock lips, slammed on a nice set of grey rims, and all polished up ofcourse

SiReal
17-03-2007, 03:37 PM
just do it, you cant really go wrong with it

as sugz said, just do it :)

18-03-2007, 05:14 PM
WOnder why ... the honda colour code of the dark green and the dark blue inlcuding the Purple are tend to look black on the CD accord...

i love my dark green, but people always say "is that your car, the black 1?" though i wish my car was black ROFL :rolleyes:

mikeypoopi3
18-03-2007, 10:21 PM
heheh especially if it gets a full crazy detail.... it wil look really black and it will like a little like candy green in some angles in sunlight.

but now i've got a second accord and its dark blue... it looks more black then the sherwood green

sugz
20-03-2007, 02:14 PM
^^ true that, i always tell my friends to open their eyes...'my car aint black mother f***er' lol

mikeypoopi3
20-03-2007, 06:13 PM
^^^^^^
jealous of your black car =\ hehehe

21-03-2007, 12:51 AM
do you think a black paint job gonna cost more? :p since its look so dark .. i was thinking just throw a couple of black layer with out giving prime?
just a nice sand and paint with couple layer of blacks and finishing layer?

hahah crazy idea ROFL !!

mikeypoopi3
22-03-2007, 06:17 AM
so.........is the car found yet or what? hehehee

well? WELL!?! :wave:

Xplodin
23-03-2007, 08:04 AM
nope no car has been found yet. It takes time Mikey!

23-03-2007, 09:35 AM
dont hurry your self ... soon it will comes to ur hand.. just wait .. with patient LOL

tmy
24-03-2007, 09:24 PM
ive got the 96 VTI-S model.
it has clocked over 200,000kms and its still to miss a beat!

Fantastic cars.

25-03-2007, 02:39 AM
ive got the 96 VTI-S model.
it has clocked over 200,000kms and its still to miss a beat!

Fantastic cars.

so does it mean u waiting for it to miss a beat? LOL ...

tmy
25-03-2007, 06:58 PM
my bad, still hasn't missed a beat!

=]

by the looks of its performance now, i really can't see it missing a beat.

mikeypoopi3
27-03-2007, 10:42 PM
hehehe yeah time will come for it to be found sooner or later hehehe

28-03-2007, 12:12 AM
;
hehehe yeah time will come for it to be found sooner or later hehehe

DONT throw the bad luck at US !!!! hahahah ... will not miss a beat if u dont change any thing ... :angel: like i do ;)

BT1_BOY
05-04-2007, 06:51 PM
yea i got a 94 Accord.. its my 1st car.. its good... i got a stereo in it.. nice cruser.. jap VIP

SiReal
05-04-2007, 06:59 PM
picsorban BT1 BOY!! :)

VIP ftw!