PDA

View Full Version : Engine capabilities...

G-nos
05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
does a b18c7 have more potential compared to a b18c2...

as in is there more mods to do on a B18C7 compared to a B18c2...

aaronng
05-02-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47880&highlight=type+r+vtir

panda[cRx]
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
depends how far you wanna go, but yeah check out that thread for a start

bigjo5
06-02-2007, 08:38 PM

well if u had the money.. then it would kinda be the same thing wouldnt it think about it.. if u'd go forged conrods pistons blah blah and ur changien everything in the motor.. to both engines b18c7 and b18c2.. wouldnt it be the same thing?

aaronng
06-02-2007, 09:12 PM
There are differences in the heads and also the intake manifold.

ACTI0NMAN-1
06-02-2007, 09:26 PM

they have the exact same potential, since by the time you're done with them you would have done so much porting/grinding/reinforcing that there wouldnt be a difference.

aaronng
06-02-2007, 09:32 PM
they have the exact same potential, since by the time you're done with them you would have done so much porting/grinding/reinforcing that there wouldnt be a difference.

There are differences that might make the cost be higher for b18c2. The b18c7 has a larger throttle body, single runner intake manifold, lighter flywheel, LSD, shorter final drive. The pistons, rods and crank are different as well, and so are the valves and springs.

ACTI0NMAN-1
06-02-2007, 09:36 PM
yeh man, but he was asking if there was more mods for one than the other. i know the c7 would be a more practicle engine to mod. but if moneys no object the end result would be the same.

Slow96GSR
07-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Time + money = anything. If you have to money and the time you can have just about anything done. Pretty much all the B-series motors have a butt load of performance parts and at decent prices. I think once you get down to doing all the internals and head work you will only see a difference of maybe 10-20 hp out of either motor. If you are spending the money you won't use the stock intake manifold or throttle body, valves and springs, and adding an LSD is easy. Pick the motor you want to mod and the one that has all the parts available you want to add. Then look in to the cost and time factor. If you only have a few weeks to build this than you are going to run in to time issues if you want to do extreme block and head work.

You'll start to see the biggest difference in numbers with the tune. So make sure you save up for that.

Drew
07-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Depends how much you are going to mod...

If you're just going to do I/H/E, cams and ECU then the Type R motor will be better and give more power...

However as mentioned above you're going to go all out and work the bottom end like pistons, crankshaft as well as the head like cams, port and polish the intake/exhaust ports and replace the intake manifold etc etc... Then both will give the same result; as the only thing thats not being changed is the block and the rest will end up being idential anyways

G-nos
08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
thanks guys...

I got a B18c7 i bought NA-185..

stil not sure what mods need to be done still reading the Bible (OZ-HONDA)

hehe