PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Teg vent and a/c problem

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Ive not long ago bought a 1990 integra after having the CRV and CRX. Now that it is getting really hot here in Adelaide Ive started to try to use the A/C. The switch that you use to choose internal or external source of air doesnt seem to make any difference, its always external. My A/C struggles to even get the car warm rather than hot, when I want it cool! And when I have the A/C on my car overheats. Someone said to me they think it may be my fan?? Any ideas??

Dakota

Bayani
06-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Yikes, there's like a bagilizilon things it could be. LOL
Fan sounds like it could be it, you should see about getting your car re-gassed too.

Should'a stuck with the CRX. LOL

crispy
06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
with the air source, i have the same problem where i cant choose external or re-circulate and i have narrowed it down to the slide adjuster. the cable sheath keeps popping out of the holder its meant to stay in so the cable gets floppy and wont close/open the vent, so its a matter of gluing the damn thing in so it can work again... hth

TRU32U
06-02-2007, 11:05 AM
mmmm well put it this way
turn ur car on let it run for few seconds...
then turn the fan on and press the ac button look if the fans in front of the radiator turns or not, btw pop open the bonnet to look!!!

if not turning then theres 2 connecting swtiches make sure theyre plugged in, ones green others white...
then if its turning....

check u got sufficent coolent and make sure ur thermostat not blocked...
way to check is let it run while its running, hold\touch the top radiator hose it should be warm, then touch the bottom one comming from the bottom of the radiarot tank if theyre same temp then not thermostat if tops cold and bottom warm or hot or big diff in temp then ur thermostat blocked... chage it to after market about 40 bucks or so....
thats the only problem it CAN be....
as far as i know

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Should'a stuck with the CRX. LOL[/QUOTE]

We still have the CRX, Gav is making that into a track car, and I tell you, that in the past the CRX has been more trouble than its worth.

Dakota

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Cheers everyone. I feel like such a girl, just dont wanna have to keep getting Gav to do everything for me, I wanna have a go at it for myself!

Dakota

TRU32U
06-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Ur A Girl?!?!?!??

FR33K
06-02-2007, 05:49 PM
i have the same problem.. and it is a common problem.. ill show you what i did to try n fix it..

when i opened up the dash i found that the pivot point where the cable switches over was broken.. so i bolt through and tightened it from the under side.. its a bit hard to see in this pic but when you undo your dash you might get a fair idea...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/acon.jpg

PHASE2
06-02-2007, 05:51 PM
hey im from adelaide with a 91 integra aswell lol is yours done up or stock?

sml-089
06-02-2007, 07:57 PM
FR33K: i have the same problem as u had and as stbtch had, but i dont understand u solution, would u be able to go more indepth?

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
hey im from adelaide with a 91 integra aswell lol is yours done up or stock?

Stock at the moment, its my project car, so whenever I have spare cash it goes to my car. Since I have 3 babies, I rarely have spare cash lol. But i have a cute gear knob and boot.

Dakota :p

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Ur A Girl?!?!?!??

Yes Im a woman. What made you think different??
My husband hopes Im a girl anyways LOL

Dakota

STBTCH
06-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Ur A Girl?!?!?!??

mmmm well put it this way
turn ur car on let it run for few seconds...
then turn the fan on and press the ac button look if the fans in front of the radiator turns or not, btw pop open the bonnet to look!!!

if not turning then theres 2 connecting swtiches make sure theyre plugged in, ones green others white...
then if its turning....

check u got sufficent coolent and make sure ur thermostat not blocked...
way to check is let it run while its running, hold\touch the top radiator hose it should be warm, then touch the bottom one comming from the bottom of the radiarot tank if theyre same temp then not thermostat if tops cold and bottom warm or hot or big diff in temp then ur thermostat blocked... chage it to after market about 40 bucks or so....
thats the only problem it CAN be....
as far as i know

Whats coolant got to do with it? Dont you know the difference between coolant and refrigerant.

And I realise that my radiator is under my bonnet. LMAO

FR33K
07-02-2007, 11:10 AM
heres an artwork to make it clearer.. the yellow dot it where i put the bolt... u need that piviot point to pull the cable to open and close the vent.. otherwise its just loose..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/FR33K/untitled.jpg

Jnr_Mint
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
I think my cables might be broken too, not to sure, --- but the problem is the AC needs re-gassing or you switch is damaged [ Check to see if the light comes on the switch], this is a common problem wit most older hondas, get someone to also see if u have the ac gas, and to check for leaks in the system. If not, its definatly the switch.

Redteg
09-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Andrew you're a freaking artist!

It sounds like a cable issue. Mine is either broken where FR33K said or stretched. I can go from closed vent to open, but then I can't go back.

FR33K
10-02-2007, 12:30 PM
thanks ! ;)

its a bitch to fix though.. very tight in there