PDA

View Full Version : Apexi GT , Buddy Club Spec 2 or Buddy Club Spec 3 Catback???

JRC
16-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Ok guys....need help.

If you had to choose one of these for a Vti-R and money wasnt the issue....more the performance gain and exhaust note, which would it be and why?

Cheers, James

[twins]vtec
16-06-2004, 03:26 AM
hahahhaa good luck with the cops and EPA if u get spec II

KilaTech
16-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I got a DC2R and with SpoonN1 and Spoon header and cat, and got pulled over a couple times by cops, and they did the check and they were curious with the exhast, so i told them "have a look how small it is, how can it be loud?" and so they told me to go.

Iruka
17-06-2004, 06:06 AM
Buddy Club Spec II is meant to be for pure 'racing' only it doesn't have an end muffler!

The Buddy Club Spec III is the pick of the three, it has very nice solid sound. Also good power gain.

I don't think the APEXi GT's are made for the DC2's anymore, you'll probably lose bottom end but gain top end with this exhaust. Also very nice!

But I would pick Spec III for sure!

type one
17-06-2004, 09:40 AM
I got a DC2R and with SpoonN1 and Spoon header and cat, and got pulled over a couple times by cops, and they did the check and they were curious with the exhast, so i told them "have a look how small it is, how can it be loud?" and so they told me to go.

how stupid.. all they would need you to do is rev your engine lol.... i had the same setup and it gave me a freakin headache without the silencer...

spec 3 is a LOT luder than Spoon... so if you want to drive with earplugs then by all means get it cos your bum gains and dyno gains will be VELLY good....

KilaTech
17-06-2004, 08:48 PM
TypeOne: yeah good point, but they didnt get me to rev it coz theres no point, they arent an EPA centre in one:)
Yeah spec 3 is louder than spoon due to the fact its straight through im prety sure, Spoon is cat back. But GENERALY the louder the exhaust the better the gains.
So its really upto your personal pref.