PDA

View Full Version : Rolling guards on DC2

Moya
07-02-2007, 01:39 PM
I've dropped my DC2 for LOOKS until I save up $2000 for decent coilovers.

However, on hard braking and cornering, shes scrubs. I dropped it roughly 2.5" to 3". Looks shit hot lol.

Will rolling the guards fix this?
Anyone recommend anyone in Brisbane to do it?

Zilli
07-02-2007, 01:53 PM
depends where its scrubbing champ

take your rims off and check for telltale scrbbing marks

Moya
07-02-2007, 01:57 PM
It doesnt scrub when I turn right.

It only scrubs on the right front corner, when I turn left. And it appears to be scrubbing on the lip around in the inner guard. I don't think it needs any more room inside the wheel arch.

Zilli
07-02-2007, 03:01 PM
well if you have narrowed it down to there ONLY being scrubbing on the outside lip then rolling will help you

teaseR
07-02-2007, 09:59 PM
on dc2 u cant roll the front!
only the rear needs rolling

bigjo5
07-02-2007, 10:02 PM
lol try do a diy in the diysection.. lol use a rubber mallet and smack it out! ahha

dudeling7
07-02-2007, 11:37 PM
hey man, i get the same problem in the front of my car. its lowered about 3 - 3.5 inches. u can really do anything about it. u cant roll the guards as there is no lip to roll at the front :p

the problem for me is that it scrubs inside he wheel arch on the body. probably because i have 17 inch wheels.

Moya
08-02-2007, 11:18 AM
That's bad news. I was hoping to get 17's aswell.

Maybe I'll just live with it, until I get my Coilovers and not run it soo low.

teaseR
08-02-2007, 02:00 PM
hey man, i get the same problem in the front of my car. its lowered about 3 - 3.5 inches. u can really do anything about it. u cant roll the guards as there is no lip to roll at the front :p

the problem for me is that it scrubs inside he wheel arch on the body. probably because i have 17 inch wheels.

thats what happen to me and it slices the tires down the middle.
jack up ur car... take out the plastic arch and use a mallet with a heat gun... fold it sideways... works for me
i dont have the car no more so no pics :(

civic_mods
08-02-2007, 04:08 PM
for the front,if u scratch the bl;ack plastic rubber ,u can take it off,but if u srab the Metal BEHIND THAT,probably not much u can do.....i got the same problems b4 too.......end up rising it

or change to more stiff coilover,so it won't sway in the corner

if not,rise up ur car or just let it scratch and don't care....

dudeling7
08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
yeh a little scrubbing is alright....but you dont want it ripping your tires. ie that metal part of the body. but as teaser said...u can head that metal ridge up and bend it up as this is most probably what its hitting. 17's do looks damn hot when slammed though haha

connections
17-11-2007, 03:46 PM

hey I have this same problems with the front of my car, its scrubbing on the metal piece inside the wheel arch.

how did you fix it?

just bash that bit in or something?

teaseR
17-11-2007, 06:10 PM
the metal inside the wheel arch can be bashed with a rubber mullet. but like i said months ago u CANNOT roll the FRONT fenders coz theres nothing to be rolled

ucme
17-11-2007, 07:16 PM
i just bent it back with my hands on my last car. just place the guard liner above the metal piece, stand with back towards the car and place palms on guard then clamp the metal piece to the guard with your fingers. this way the metal piece holds the guard liner secure as its jammed against the guard :)

if that doesnt work get some tools

connections
17-11-2007, 07:23 PM
yeha i will give it a bash 2 moro with the rubber mallet...

but yeh my cars not even that low lol..this scrubbing only occurs when the wheel is on full lock to thr right and when I have say 2 people on the left side of my car.

heres a pic of my ride height -

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6894/tegzv0.jpg

dudeling7
18-11-2007, 01:33 PM
i can take a pic for u of what i have done now. i have bashed it but it wasnt enough so i used an angle grinder and ground off as far as it was safe not to grind off the spot welds.

now its A OK haha the only problem is the tyre hits the guard on turns but nothing can be done about that unless u like pump the guards or something.

my car is about an inch lower that yours so give the bashing a go it should do well, you also dont have to bash the whole thing up, mainly the middle and rear section of the wheel well is where it hits.