PDA

View Full Version : Integra VTiR Track Car ??

SHIFTY
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
I have been thinking of getting a cheap Integra VTiR to work on and make in 2 a track car... would it be worth spending time and money on one??

Basicly what im asking is can u get them 2 go fast ? (Handlind and acceleration)

I would most likely do a engine swap, but dont know what engine i would use...

Are they capable of keeping up with the modded ITR's and Turbo'd cars

Thank you..

bigjo5
07-02-2007, 10:14 PM
why would u need a engine swap for they are good as they are 1.8 vtec. and with some money.. they can be just as quick or even quicker then ITR's and turbo'd cars.. of course there capable. and yes if ur really into it its worth the time spent into it.

SHIFTY
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Well i was thinking of doing a engine swap as i whant to buy a CHEAP one therefore it will most likely have high km's and i whant 2 do a engine swap for educational reasons 2 :P

fatboyz39
08-02-2007, 06:31 AM
save ur money and get a type R. Or get an EG, lighter and has more potential. DC2 are a boat

[ricer]
08-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Well i was thinking of doing a engine swap as i whant to buy a CHEAP one therefore it will most likely have high km's and i whant 2 do a engine swap for educational reasons 2 :P

if you want to do an engine conversion start with something more base model. such as a GSI... or something like a EK CXI, they go for fairly cheap i guess

SiReal
08-02-2007, 08:27 AM
VTiRs arent really that cheap regardless of Ks unless they are ridiculous. I receommend looking at getting a high Ks ED + swap or EF9 import, or a pre swapped EG. There are heaps floating around on the forums for sale.

SHIFTY
08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Well i wona spend up 2 $9k!

umm, with the civic im kinda over them as i got one as a daily driver at the moment, so ummm yer and will be giving it 2 my little brother... i like the VTiR Tegs for some reason and whant 2 make it in 2 a track car but im sure i can get it 2 go fast :)

SiReal
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
With 9K you wont get much of a VTiR. perhaps look for a DA9 with LS/VTEC conversion. or one with engine converstion already done. conversions alone cost $6000 ish (if B series), which leaves u $3K for the VTiR. no chance ;)

SHIFTY
08-02-2007, 09:46 AM
i Have already found 1 for $9k but it done 195k km's!!!

if i had the money i would get itr but i dont, plus it will be a project car so not worth spending heaps of money on it as i would be spending money on it in the long time....

spoondc2
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
My opinion, get something which doesn't have sunroof....
Which is better if you looking to build a track car

SHIFTY
08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
I was thinking of that 2, but truthefully im not gona end up spending 2 much money on it.... Ill end up getting my dads mx5 track car in the end, but i whant to get something 2 play around with....

xtc.thai
08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
mate if u like the vti-r just get it, dont listen to others..get the car u really want and you'll be happy

TheSaint
08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
im doing the same with my vti-r, its half way between daily driver and racer, little more money spent on the performance and you have a nice balance, the itr was out of budget for me because i want to have more fun learning and doing the car up, not have it done for me (most of it anyway) and this is worth more to me than money etc

as for eg vs dc2, yes the dc2 is heavier and yes the eg will stick more but the dc2 is a recognisable 'sports car' and the eg isnt (in saying that tho civics make excellent sleapers lol ), both just as fun wen done up correctly

these are things i had to consider and make decisions on wen i bought my car

i also considered a del sol but it was way to small and impractical awsome little rocket with itr motor swap though =)

i have plans to maybe eventually drop a k20 into my teg and put my teg motor into my eg but like i said i have a nice balance now and nice toys to play with =)

ON XTC
08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
vtir's are awesome cars to modify. theyre considered the underdogs when compared to its big brother the type R. i rekon you can mod your vtir to the point it can keep up with the R.

i think the best thing to do is to drive the car for a whle stock so you know the oveall feeling. then when you start modding, you can feel how every mod affects the car and if it was really worth it.