PDA

View Full Version : Eg interior spray

RIVAL
07-02-2007, 11:30 PM
i was just wondering if i sprayed my crappy grey interior black would i need to use a special spray and would it peel off evetually is it worth the time or will it just like end up peeling everywhere.
planning to do this soon cus the grey interior is so ugly, if everyone reckons this is not a good idea might just have to get integra dash

G-Stick
08-02-2007, 12:08 AM
yea ive done my interior in matt black. havent done the dash. iam gonna redo the whole car with vinyl plastic spray. ive spray the rear half with it and it doesnt seem to of peel off yet.

Int3gra-T
08-02-2007, 12:10 AM
theres spray which will adhere to the vinyl.
its called vinyl spray :) lol
also u gotta prep real good with alchol wipes etc i think
to remove any impurities and grease etc
if ure willing to do it.. then yeah go for it...
but if u wanna fork out..
and get a integra dash..
well theres one going for sale...
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59793

hope it helps :)

RIVAL
08-02-2007, 12:33 AM
na i dont really want the teg dash just if this spray doesnt work out.
oh can u take a pic of it pls and post it here if its not to much trouble that would be great and when uve finished everything make a pic thread of it

muhhan
08-02-2007, 08:28 AM
I've sprayed my interior as well. I have EK civic. I washed all the parts I was going to paint with sugar soap and rinsed them very well. Sugar soap is the same thing you use to prep walls before painting. As Int3gra-T said, it's all in the prep, I'd say that I spent 80% effort prepping and 20% painting. Painting is really the final step and the easiest too!

JasonGilholme
08-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Yeah definately prep them reallyw ell. i sprayed the interior of one of my previous cars from grey to black.

I took all the panels out and cleaned them thoroughly and then put many "light" coats on to get a good finish.

i would definately reccommend some sort of primer underneat tho. I used vynal plastic spray but after a long time it has peeled of in high used areas.

J

ekhybrid
08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
can some1 post pics? always wondered how it would look sprayed

RIVAL
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
ya pics would be good. and also what can u use to primer is there like a vinyl spray primer. and also when u remove the whole dash do u need to take out everything or just take out the dash in one big piece

JasonGilholme
08-02-2007, 03:19 PM
the more you seperate it the better it will look. That way you don't miss little bits.

RIVAL
08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
approx how long did it take you to take apart the whole dash and put it back in id prob be confused with what cam from where lol

JasonGilholme
08-02-2007, 04:01 PM
didn't take that long. it was a while ago and i think it took me about a week after work/school. just workin a bit each night. Be prepared to drive ya car around without interior for a while and once you get it back in there it might smell for a bit so make sure you drive with the windows down.

The hardest part is using the right screws in the right places. If they're all the same its easy but sometimes they're not.

RIVAL
08-02-2007, 08:20 PM
hmmim gonna have to get them little money bags and label what screw comes from where

XP02ED
08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey dude, i think i maye be able to give you good advice..

Mine was stock grey.. whole interior is now black, and been 1 year... gone through heat. water and tear and wear.. had no major problems JUST ensure the paint u use is specifically for VINYL. i get mine from super cheap there top stuff

Basically i advise.. wipe each thing u spray and dry it..

Spray about 3 coats, 1 clear coat after, THEN! lightly sand! not to rough or surface will go smooth.. then respray another 3 times then clear it again.. about 3 times for final clear.. PS u dont need a primer..

I would advice.. dont get gloss black.. and get plain black with clear coat.. not to shiny not to dull

Dont try to be tight on paint.. what your doing needs to look good and not tachy which u cant have chips and stuff.. ESP! DRY the thing u paint for as long as u can.. id say about 1 day between coats! OR if its hot and or blow dry it about 3 hours! till the paint sinks into the vinyl ;D

If u want some good tips pm me

heres some pics of mine (sorry about quality)

http://xposed.au.com/cars/Photo-0197.jpg

http://xposed.au.com/cars/Photo-0198.jpg

http://xposed.au.com/cars/Photo-0193.jpg

Vlas
09-02-2007, 09:58 AM
lol is that an addidas shoe on your mirror

defect
09-02-2007, 10:29 AM
That interior doesnt look too bad. I might give mine a try in black as well. See how it goes.

XP02ED
09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
yeh its adidas shoe! hahaha took it off now though.

yeh thats how it looked awhile back..

changes some things.. mroe stuff are black, it felt to much red for me! haha but gl! doing it! post pics up!

RIVAL
09-02-2007, 07:14 PM
lol is that an addidas shoe on your mirror

yeehhhhhh vlas when his not wearing the shows he hangs them up, Durrrrr