PDA

View Full Version : Scratched side-mirror indicators

tanalasta
08-02-2007, 02:01 AM
I scratched the clear plastic covering the indicator light on my side mirror in a parking accident (very tight spot and I misjudged the pillar... just)

It's a very simple scratch of the clear acrylic covering the orange indicator lights on the back of the driver's blind spot mirror (not the headlights on the front). The painted plastic backing of the side mirror is intact.

Does anyone know 'how to' and 'how much' it costs to simply replace that clear cover? I imagine it has to be done eventually when the indicator lights blow anyhow in a few years time.

And more importantly what a dealer will charge for it at the next service.

EuroDude
08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Ring your dealer or another Honda dealer and get them to put you through to the Spare Parts department, and ask them how much the replacement part is. It wouldnt be too expensive, maybe $30-$50 or so.

destrukshn http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/member.php?u=5257 may be able to get the price for u as well

edw-R
08-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda dealer is your choice.

tony1234
09-02-2007, 06:36 AM
You may be better off leaving it or try some Meguires scratch remover.I tried it on my wifes car on the ft.clear indicator lens worked well.:thumbsup:

tim-e
04-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I have a cracked clear indicator bezel on the LHS... does anyone know how to get the mirror assembly apart? I tried cheating and looking at the exploded view in the parts catalogue when I was buying the part but the guy closed the window before I could work out what goes where.

The replacement part is an entire bezel, white casing, orange LEDs and the clear outer façade. It costs $130.