PDA

View Full Version : couple of problems

Boost Cruisin
16-06-2004, 05:45 PM
ok first off

when i am driving at about 80 - 100 a slight knocking sound developes, it gets steadily louder and begins to shudder a little. I can feel it through the accelator pedal at first then it begins to shudder. It doesnt happen all the time tho, which has me confused :?: can anyone help me out as to whats going on here?

and secondly

my rear parcel shelf/cover thing (DA9 integra) squeaks and it pisses me off when im driving.... how can i stop this!

thanks guys!

Weq
16-06-2004, 05:52 PM
has a wheel balance latly? that could cause the knocking problem.
regarding the shelf - only way to fix it is havea good look at the joints/bolts and lube/tighten them if applicable.

Boost Cruisin
16-06-2004, 06:21 PM
had a wheel balance and alignment like a month and a half ago when i got new tyres

someone suggested to me that one of the weights could have fallen off which has ruined the balance causing the knock

FANATK
16-06-2004, 09:13 PM
with the shelf just take it off!!
less weight=faster 1/4 miles! :D

just get some wd-40 on the hindges and put some electrical tape or that spongey tape around the socket thingys where the tray sits? :?

ECU-MAN
16-06-2004, 10:46 PM
with your vibration problem I have seen in the past the Inner CV joints being the problem, you would notice it more though under acceleration from 80 to 100.

the joints arnt buggerd, just need to be packed more with cv grease

not saying that this is your problem, just pointing you in a direction I have crossed in the passed..

it is still possible for wheel weights to fall off after a wheel balance !!!!

deceivin
16-06-2004, 10:59 PM
my rear parcel shelf/cover thing (DA9 integra) squeaks and it pisses me off when im driving.... how can i stop this!

thanks guys!

i got the same problem. just turn the music up!!

Boost
18-06-2004, 06:03 PM
i never knew the cv can make a knocking sounds... i know for sure that if you turn a corner.. it will definately make a clacking sound...

Integras seem to have a problem with the design of the boot... my bootlid also rattles.. its a pain in the ass.. i have manage to get rid of it for a while then it comes back.. im sure your not the only one.