PDA

View Full Version : 5 stud pattern on a EG VTI

Blulude98
08-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Guys,
Just wondering what is the easiest way to make a EG Civic into a 5 stud pattern 5X114.3 as i want to fit a set of Integra Type R wheels.
I already thought of using Integra Type R suspension but it would quite costly as there worth abit of money and are quite hard to find.
Is there any other Honda with a 5 stud pattern that will fit?
Like the Prelude VTIR's or Accord.

serpo
09-02-2007, 12:14 AM
hmmm your best bet is to go to your local tyre place and ask them there experts in that sorta stuff

tRipitaka
09-02-2007, 12:16 AM
u'll be looking at around 1g for the setup.. no installation costs..
i believe prelude ones may fit..
but you should stick with the dc2r ones

EG5[KRT]
09-02-2007, 07:13 AM
u should only need to change the hub.caliper.rotor on all for .. suspension wise u would probably need to change the rear lower control arms to dc2r/eg6 and use dc2r rear suspension.

cost wise.. if u get everything 2nd hand mayb around 900+

Blulude98
09-02-2007, 07:59 AM
;1061369']u should only need to change the hub.caliper.rotor on all for .. suspension wise u would probably need to change the rear lower control arms to dc2r/eg6 and use dc2r rear suspension.

cost wise.. if u get everything 2nd hand mayb around 900+

Why would i need to change the rear lower control arms to dc2r/eg6 and use dc2r rear suspension? Why not just leave everything the way it is and only change the hubs to a 5 stud pattern.

jords
09-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Why would i need to change the rear lower control arms to dc2r/eg6 and use dc2r rear suspension? Why not just leave everything the way it is and only change the hubs to a 5 stud pattern.

Its different, so it all needs to be changed...including the control arms.

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 11:07 AM
shouldn't be cause i can run DC2 or DC2R LCA's in my car. I just need to use the suspension that matches that LCA.

Either way, they both bolt up to the hub ok.

Blulude98
09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Its different, so it all needs to be changed...including the control arms.

Does anyone out there know for sure or are we all just guessing?

tRipitaka
09-02-2007, 12:44 PM
you can run AUDM EG/DC2 LCA's on a dc2r if you want to..

so yes, it's interchangeable

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
you can run AUDM EG/DC2 LCA's on a dc2r if you want to..

so yes, it's interchangeable

Thought so! :thumbsup:

[[d a n n y]]
09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Control arms dont need to be changed hubs have to be changed to run 5 stud this is a very expensive operation but worth the money..but if u have a car that doesnt put out that much power this is not the brake set up for u
your probably looking at around 1.7K-2K with the type R suspension set up just for parts

and even if u do change the hubs u need to run bigger master cylinder to run the bigger brakes

Blulude98
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
];1061789']Control arms dont need to be changed hubs have to be changed to run 5 stud this is a very expensive operation but worth the money..but if u have a car that doesnt put out that much power this is not the brake set up for u
your probably looking at around 1.7K-2K with the type R suspension set up just for parts

and even if u do change the hubs u need to run bigger master cylinder to run the bigger brakes

So basically all i need to change are the hubs and obviously disks, but would my standard brake callipers bolt up to the 5 stud disks? Or would i need to change those also? And can i do all these with a Prelude VTIR hub, brakes and disk conversion???

90LAN
09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
you can use civic ek9 type r or dc2r 5 stud conversions
but using dc2r u will need to get the drive shafts as they are 36mm ( CTR 32mm )
to suit......as for bigger master cylinder you can use any honda (EG,EK,DC) that has ABS as they are the same size or bigger in some cases.
just get the complete type r running gear as it is straight bolt on
and less hassles budget from 1k to 2k
good luck finding a set but ......

Blulude98
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
you can use civic ek9 type r or dc2r 5 stud conversions
but using dc2r u will need to get the drive shafts as they are 36mm ( CTR 32mm )
to suit......as for bigger master cylinder you can use any honda (EG,EK,DC) that has ABS as they are the same size or bigger in some cases.
just get the complete type r running gear as it is straight bolt on
and less hassles budget from 1k to 2k
good luck finding a set but ......

See that's the problem, try finding a set of Type R suspension.
Would you know if the Prelude is the same?

90LAN
09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
preludes have the same calipers and hubs
thats all i think
can anyone else add to this??
no much of a prelude person......

[[d a n n y]]
11-02-2007, 06:35 AM
Prelude/accord/odyssey/crv all run the same calipers with the 282mm disc.
prelude suspension will not fit on a EG
just remember this most dc2R parts are interchangeable with the EG