PDA

View Full Version : civic nose rearranged, what path should i take...

Dr4g0n
16-06-2004, 05:47 PM
long story short, i had an accident today and it was their fault so my civic is getting a make over...

the original look of the car was basically a stock front bar, type r style lip, eg9 spotlights, jdm style (diy black housing) headlights. but now i have this opportunity to get a full body kit (namely a buddy club style one), eventhough it'll look nice, it sorta goes off in a different path to what i was intending for the car (clean and simple). but then again, i wouldn't mind the kit and i won't get an opportunity like this again.

the other option is to get it back to how it used to look, but with proper jdm headlights, and indicators....and then with the rest of the cash (panel beater dodgy), put it towards performance modz...

what would you do?

Weq
16-06-2004, 05:50 PM
sleeper + performancemods.

SPEEDCORE
16-06-2004, 05:54 PM
sleeper + performancemods.

:thumbsup:

[[d a n n y]]
16-06-2004, 06:25 PM
stock looks lowered and as weq said performance mods

Mitch M
16-06-2004, 06:31 PM
RICE BABY :D

Dr4g0n
16-06-2004, 06:46 PM
my baby....*sniff*

http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=655

minus the eyelids at present...

ML
16-06-2004, 07:33 PM
what is your car sedan or hatch?

fried
16-06-2004, 08:42 PM
obviously a sedan? ebing 4 door and having a boot lol

but DAM.... i was trying to find that exact car, when buying a car...

i wanted the four door si in sedan, and in that color, which was hard to find.

go clean "jdm" look, and performance man. you'll be soo much happier i reckon.

-MuGen PoWer-
16-06-2004, 08:57 PM
nice car
will look nice with a pair of skirts :D
if onli i can get my Si 2 b that clean

LatinoHatchCrap
16-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident bro. Good to hear you're ok.
how much money are we talking about? If its 2k spare then def. keep it nice and simple and use that $$$ for your boost setup.
A kit would be nice but in the long run you'll be alot happier feeling the grunt of a snail than getting looks
+ civics with kits are very common. Boosted hondas arent.

A'PEXi
16-06-2004, 09:57 PM
spoon cf lip :D

Nuttz
16-06-2004, 10:25 PM
i know how ya feel.. :cry:

i reckon get a simple kit, maybe just skirts and rest on mods :)

SIKCVC
16-06-2004, 11:59 PM
meh oportunity like this only comes up every now and then... Take your best option!!! The quote will be for a new bar, aftermarket or stock. If you get sick of it, you can always buy a second hand one for a few hundred!

z3lda
17-06-2004, 08:57 AM
I had the old crx 89model. got sandwich, my car was a repairable writeoff, got a pay out from the other party, went to fix my car had heaps of cash left over, bought a full cyber kit. hehe
but seriously not worth it....i made a mistake of gettin a kit when i really should of got an engine conversion.
go for the mods

egSi
17-06-2004, 09:45 AM
get it back to stock and do some shit to the engine!!!

:P :P :P

VTEChnique
17-06-2004, 05:18 PM
hmm here's a new idea.. do a Hatchy Front end conversion.. I've seen a EG9 SiR that had the Hatchy Bumper fitted.. I was under the impression that the Sedan Bumper was different, but like I said, I've seen it on an JDM import asnd it looked STock. I think if you need new hood and lights, get the Hatch (SR3) items and give that a bash.. it makes the sedan look much sportyer, and it's custom, but not rice.

FYI, an OEM NEW Bumper will be MORE expensive than an aftermarket bumper.. so ONe option is to get your insurance quote for stocl bumper and then get aftermarket and keep the change.

Unfortunately the OEM hood is 'only' $475 AUD From Honda, so a CF hood is out of the question..

Dr4g0n
17-06-2004, 07:43 PM
hmm that's a farkn good idea man! i didn't think of that...yeah, i pretty much need a brand new front end so that wouldn't be out of the question!

hmmm anyone got an eg6 front lip to go with the hatch bar if i do it? hehe if i do the conversion, my type r style front lip will be up for sale...didn't get a scratch on it in the accident.

SIKCVC
17-06-2004, 08:36 PM
i thought the hatch and sedan front bars were slightly different size? Anyone got any pics, i've always wondered how it would look.

Dr4g0n
17-06-2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=677

i had this pic before i got my civic....i love the frontend! looks very unique. thing is, i've heard that the part under the headlight might have a gap like you can see in the pic. you can also see how the fender and bar meet, and it doesn't line up exactly like it normally would...

not to worry, i'll get my panel beater onto that...

any have any good reads on this conversion?

Nuttz
19-06-2004, 12:41 AM
crap!! i cant remeber where i saw an article on that conversion..
but from what i remember the side screws dont line up so u have to drill new holes, and the rest bolts on

good luck!

Dr4g0n
19-06-2004, 06:24 PM
damn, you can't remember at all?? would really love to see it...

ahhh if it's only the screw holes that don't meet up, that's farkn awesome.

thanks for all the info guys!

mytoycivic
22-06-2004, 12:22 PM
pity about the car. i think you should make it sleeper mode. make it look good on the outside, but not too outrageous, and do heaps of mods under the bonnet with the money you save :thumbsup: