PDA

View Full Version : 06 Civic Boot Opening

bahloo
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
For the people out there with an FD Civic, how far does it open when you first pop the boot using the lever next to the driver's seat?

In my VTi-L, it only goes up just enough to fit your fingers under the boot lid to lift it up, in my friend's 06 Sports, it pops up about half way up.

What's suppose to be the proper distance it should pop up?

Thanks.

Shimian
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Mine is a sport and it only pops up a little bit, about a finger or 2. It could be the weight of the boot lining and hinge holding it down?

EuroDude
09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
You could try spraying the boot hinge mechanism with some Silicon grease, that may help it spring up more.

chylld
09-02-2007, 03:43 PM
mine usually opens only enough to get my fingertips under to open it, but then again i do have a bit of dynamat on the boot lid :) before the dynamat it opened up a few inches easy.

if it bothers you, you can ask for the stronger boot lid springs that you get with the rear spoiler - that should pop them up very nicely :)

aaronng
09-02-2007, 04:33 PM
You could try spraying the boot hinge mechanism with some Silicon grease, that may help it spring up more.

No, don't do that. Dirt will accumulate in the hinge on the long run and make it worse.

It is just the weight of the boot holding it down. If the Civic has the boot liner, it's even more apparent.

Anyway, on most Hondas, the boot only opens up slightly so you can put your fingers in to lift it up.

~Sp33~
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Has your friends 06 sport had the spoiler removed? That could be why his pops up so far, due to its upgraded trunk springs.

bahloo
10-02-2007, 06:32 PM
My friend's 06 Sports still has the spoiler attached. I guess the upgraded trunk springs really make a difference.

Another thing I notice in my VTi-L recently, the screw used to hold down the sparewheel in the boot was sheared off. Never seen that happen in any car before. Makes me question the quality of Thai built Hondas.

Has your friends 06 sport had the spoiler removed? That could be why his pops up so far, due to its upgraded trunk springs.

G_Vtec
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
my is about 2 fingers... doesn't really bother me that much as long as it opens :)