PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 Crv

nexace
09-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Has anyone had a look or test driven one of these new model CRV's yet?

Interested to get some feedback and how it compares to previous models.

The CRV Luxury looks quite nice although the price tag of around $42k + ORC seems a tad high. And the Sports model at around $39.5k + ORC is also 2k more than the current model. Seems a substantial difference to the Sports model we paid for which was less than 35k...driveaway.

For features which should now be standard (extra airbags, anti skid brakes, etc) we are still paying an extra premium for.

hondarox
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
Made in Japan to a Made in Thailand is one big step backwards. I'm not interested.

yourfather
13-02-2007, 01:25 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/images/cr-v01.jpg
Check out the new modulo kit!

hondarox
13-02-2007, 07:25 PM
IMO it's real ugly. It seems the "bonnet" is not closing properly. Subaru Tribeca looks so much better!

Rice_4_life
13-02-2007, 08:55 PM
had one come in yesterday, very nice car, but if you opt. for a sunroof the back seat passengers have little headroom.

Pogi
15-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Not a fan of the new CRV. The front lip looks like it was clipped on. :/

Does the sunroof really affect the back seat passengers that much?

Rice_4_life
16-02-2007, 04:18 PM
yeah I had a mate sit in the back, he ain't that tall average height and his head was almost touching to roof O.o imagine speed bumps and shit..

krogoth
17-02-2007, 11:22 PM
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/images/cr-v01.jpg
Check out the new modulo kit!

lol luc, it looks like ur city

Pogi
19-02-2007, 07:55 AM
yeah I had a mate sit in the back, he ain't that tall average height and his head was almost touching to roof O.o imagine speed bumps and shit..

That doesn't really bother me that much, I'm only 6ft and I like to sit high up so I can have more road vision.

The commercial for the car is creative though.

nexace
19-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Had a look at this car at the dealer's on Friday. Dealer's driveaway price for Auto Lux model was around 46k before negotiations! Big jump in price in comparrison with our 01 sports which we got for less than 35k albeit with much less features.

On the bright side, I thought the car looked much better in real life. Didn't have time for a test drive (maybe later this week) but one of the things that I noticed was the amount of space one the back seats were folded down.

It's definitely much smaller than the Gen 1. I think it's because the seats are chunkier when they have fold forward. This might be the same for Gen 2. The overall feel was quite good but pricing is a real letdown. I figured paying 42k driveaway for auto might have been the upper limits. The Odyssey looks more tempting now...

Pogi
19-02-2007, 12:39 PM
nexace: you'd think I got ripped off with my CRV sports gen 2 which cost 42k all up. :(

But it is a tad odd, that it is priced this high considering it is now built in Thailand.

slidetaker
20-02-2007, 07:36 AM
um...putting in some specs for discussion...

CR-V Sport
Inline 4 cylinder DOHC i-VTEC with VTC
2.4 litre - 2,354 cc
125 kW @ 5,800 rpm
218 Nm @ 4,200 rpm
6-speed
5-speed with Grade Logic Control
Unleaded 91 RON
1580 kg man /
1610 kg auto
58 litres
17 x 6.5 J
225/65 R17 102T

you guys reckon the 6 speed manual gear box will make it shaper then Gen 1 and 2?

hondarox
20-02-2007, 07:07 PM
If I'm looking for a compact SUV, I would consider these good ones that are Made in Japan:
CX7
RAV4
Outlander
Forester
X-Trail
Grand Vitara
I wouldn't be silly enough to buy the Made in Thailand CRV and be laughed at by my mates.
The country RHINO has turned into a city RAT.

Rice_4_life
20-02-2007, 07:28 PM
why does Thailand have such a bad rep? Not all the Honda's that come out of Thailand are bad.

Pogi
20-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't be silly enough to buy the Made in Thailand CRV and be laughed at by my mates.

Too right.

Because we buy our vehicles for the reason to impress or receive acceptance from our mates. :thumbsup:

Datuk
21-02-2007, 12:09 AM
I just recently purchase the new Civi and the finish product is not that bad. Thinking of upgrading my CRV

UNLS1
21-02-2007, 11:57 AM
If I'm looking for a compact SUV, I would consider these good ones that are Made in Japan:
CX7
RAV4
Outlander
Forester
X-Trail
Grand Vitara
The country RHINO has turned into a city RAT.

not the best comment ive seen, jsut forget about all the other things the crv has standard over some of those cars u mentioned.

also i suppose if u want to drive around in a boring box like car eg the X-Trail thats your choice

i suppose if ur mates laughed at u for not jumping off a cliff u would do it?>?

i dont know why people hang crap on thai built cars....theres so many things that go into why they come from thailand, like the free trade agreement...so the cars are cheaper to import here

i suppose u would pay en extra 5 grand for the same car commin from japan instead of thailand??? i think not...

Do u think japan is big enough to make hondas for the whole world??? i think not.

would u say the civic is better built in england than thailand???

i could go on for ages, the new crv is a great car ive had the sport lux auto/standard man home on the weekends the last few weeks. I love the drive its more like a sedan now much quieter and much better saftey features as standard. The prices are about 3 grand more than the old CRVs before the run- out prices....3 grand extra for a new model with much better safety features isnt really that bad.

james

destrukshn
21-02-2007, 12:04 PM
purchasing one myself in the next 2-3 months.
=)

hondarox
21-02-2007, 07:25 PM
If the next gen Accord Euro comes from Thailand, would anyone be buying it? Let's pray hard it's not going to happen.
Have you ever wondered why after being on sale for a year, the Civic is still way below the sales of Corolla, Mazda3 and Lancer. It is Made in Thailand.

UNLS1
22-02-2007, 11:29 AM
If the next gen Accord Euro comes from Thailand, would anyone be buying it? Let's pray hard it's not going to happen.
Have you ever wondered why after being on sale for a year, the Civic is still way below the sales of Corolla, Mazda3 and Lancer. It is Made in Thailand.

Are you for real??? can you please get some clues before posting??
can u please explain why after a year of being on sale there is still at least a month wait on 90% of Civics???? why would people still be buying a civic and waiting for it?? is it because its from thailiand??? or because maybe its a good car???? wake up will you!

Or why it was NRMAs best med size car in 2006???

im sorry but clearly you have no idea at all and i think u should think before posting rubbish!

Rice_4_life
22-02-2007, 05:48 PM
lol, is this still the new 2007 CRV thread?

Sensei
23-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I'll be accompanying my old man to have a look at one this weekend. He's looking for something to replace his 06 Rav4. (candidates: CX7, Captiva, and of course the CRV)

From what I've seen on the net, it's pretty nice (styling is slowly starting to grow on me). Price tag for the luxo is a bit high though. For that price you can get a Holden Captiva LX (7 seater V6). Tough choice.

UNLS1
23-02-2007, 01:45 PM
the captiva isnt bad but a big V6 and i think its made in korea also...

would be interesting to see the resale value the captiva held in a few years over the crv....

Sensei
23-02-2007, 03:23 PM
the captiva isnt bad but a big V6 and i think its made in korea also...

would be interesting to see the resale value the captiva held in a few years over the crv....

Those are my two main concerns for the Captiva - Reliability and Resale Value.

aaronng
23-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Please stop. I don't want to start laughing at you trying to be the next Honda Enthusiast.

aaronng
23-02-2007, 03:56 PM
lol, is this still the new 2007 CRV thread?

It's the "I want to be the next Honda Enthusiast thread"

hondarox
23-02-2007, 07:14 PM
Please stop. I don't want to start laughing at you trying to be the next Honda Enthusiast.

If the next Accord Euro comes from Thailand, let's see who has the last laugh.

skinnyboy
23-02-2007, 11:41 PM
looks pretty with the Mugen Kit on though

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/CR-V/wallpaper/image/wp2-1024.jpg

aaronng
24-02-2007, 12:15 AM
If the next Accord Euro comes from Thailand, let's see who has the last laugh.

My comment was because you think that a "made in Thailand" car automatically makes it inferior.

MiSloVic
24-02-2007, 07:41 AM
of the 3 choices; cx7, captiva and crv, i would go for the cx7, if u are happy with the firmer ride.. it is firmer than any suv, but no more sporty than the accord euro.

the new crv used to be in my shopping list, but i just cant stand the fugly front

UNLS1
24-02-2007, 01:33 PM
lol but i do love the new CX7 turbo luxury! id take that over the captiva!

but i dont think the crv is up there with the CX7 with apples to apples but its kinda close!
CX7 standard around $45k lux 50k turbo 4cl
CRV lux 46k 2.4 n/a 4cyl

G_Vtec
25-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Looks very nice :honda: :thumbsup:

Bob
25-02-2007, 08:44 AM
I didn't like the first pics that were posted on it. Hated the front and still do.
I saw it at the local release and to be honest its a very good car. There are a lot of good changes. So far as pricing goes the base model has enough features to get it over the line. The sport seems to be priced a little high considering the lack of extra things you get. Previously The sport was better value for money. The Lux is simply + leather so far as I can see.

One of the better changes is the driver and passenger access. The door shape and relative seat position make it much easier to get in and out. The dash and controls are also better finished off and the enclosed center console is a nice addition which should have been there from the gen 1.

Overall I like it but the front grille needs to be fixed. The Mugen one looks like an improvement.

nexace
26-02-2007, 09:19 AM
I'll be accompanying my old man to have a look at one this weekend. He's looking for something to replace his 06 Rav4. (candidates: CX7, Captiva, and of course the CRV)

Replace his 2006 Rav4? Is there something about it he didn't like or ?

nexace
26-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Overall I like it but the front grille needs to be fixed. The Mugen one looks like an improvement.

There's an optional "honeycomb" mesh for the upper and lower grills. IMO it looks much nicer than the horizontal bars. Since it's an option, that means $$$.

The Mazda CX-7 looks like a good competitor. Overall the top of the range would only cost a couple of thousand more than the CRV-Lux. Allegiances will be tested!!!

Bob
26-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks a bit better but still not a fan
http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/resources/image/4682b2e0a420f951/u-lgrille.jpg

Sensei
26-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Replace his 2006 Rav4? Is there something about it he didn't like or ?

He currently has a 5spd Rav4. He's 50+...& getting a bit tired of lugging the manual in stopNgo traffic everyday.

Before we set out, we originally had our mind set on the CRV. But after all was said and done, it was too pricey for what it offers. No discounts as of yet (good for resale I suppose).

We had a look at all 4 in Auto version: Rav4 CruiserL, CX7 lux, CRV lux, Captiva LX.

We were sold by the Captiva LX. The CRV and Rav4 are just too lethargic in their Auto version (& have far less amenities compared to the Captiva for the same $$$). The Mazda was the runner up as my old man didn't like the exterior styling, harsh suspension, interior space, visibility, etc.

nexace
28-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I see..

Thanks for the imformative information! :)

We haven't driven the new CRV yet and the main issues regarding the front bumper styling and being built in Thailand doesn't bother me at all. But given that there's a new model Odyssey available overseas, we might hang out for one of the current models at discontinued pricing later this year. The new model Odyssey is not very nice at all IMO. :thumbdwn:

Sensei
28-02-2007, 04:42 PM
I see..

We haven't driven the new CRV yet and the main issues regarding the front bumper styling and being built in Thailand doesn't bother me at all. But given that there's a new model Odyssey available overseas, we might hang out for one of the current models at discontinued pricing later this year. The new model Odyssey is not very nice at all IMO. :thumbdwn:

The CRV is not a bad car at all, it just doesn't offer as much incentive in terms of value for money + slow auto IMO. The interior of the new CRV is very nice, the leather felt good and the ergonomics were great. The build quality is good (Thai built is not an issue for me either, it's still a Honda).

It feels much heavier and more solid on the road compared to the previous generation. Transmission was very smooth too, dash info and guages are easy and clear to read. Driver seat position was comfy, although the side arm rests on the passenger side were cut short IMO. Road noise levels were low and the spare is inside the boot under the false floor (secure). Visibilty is alright and handling is more car like than the other soft roaders compared.

Honda seems to have designed the new CRV as more of an urban get-about (makes sense since hardly anyone with an suv or soft roader goes serious off-roading with it). It's more suited to the black-top now (<-makes sense?). Get one in black and you're all set ;).

Oh and I think the new Odyssey you're referring to is only for the North American market, but I could be wrong.

UNLS1
01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
a nice mini review indeed!

and yes we wont be getting that odyssey!

hondarox
01-03-2007, 10:27 PM
lol but i do love the new CX7 turbo luxury! id take that over the captiva!

but i dont think the crv is up there with the CX7 with apples to apples but its kinda close!
CX7 standard around $45k lux 50k turbo 4cl
CRV lux 46k 2.4 n/a 4cyl

Or wait for the V6 Rav4 due in a few months time.
A 3.5L V6 Lexus engine running on plain unleaded with 200 kW on a 1630 kg body gives a power to weight ratio of 123 W/kg.
And this surely must be the most powerful compact SUV in the market!

hondarox
01-03-2007, 10:37 PM
I see..

With 80% of all Honda vehicles sold last year in Australia coming from Thailand, there's definitely no choice for Honda afficionados.

UNLS1
02-03-2007, 10:54 AM
please hondarox what do u drive i really want to know

Gibbo
02-03-2007, 09:08 PM
i have driven the new CRV and we are seriously looking at them. They drive better than i expected (I have a modded Euro) have more than enough features to make them a great family car and i cant see any issues with build quality - (as good as the euro) My 2 cents...

LT178
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Corollas are from Sth Africa and that doesn't seem to affect its sales, so I don't think being from Thailand affects Civic or CRV sales. But still, as a personal choice, I wouldn't buy a made in Thailand car. So I guess my next Honda can only be a Legend, or another Euro if its still built in Japan.

Rice_4_life
03-03-2007, 04:43 PM
sigh it's still a HONDA even if it is made in Thailand. Some great examples of quality built Honda's from Thailand is the accord V6

hondarox
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Corollas are from Sth Africa and that doesn't seem to affect its sales, so I don't think being from Thailand affects Civic or CRV sales. But still, as a personal choice, I wouldn't buy a made in Thailand car. So I guess my next Honda can only be a Legend, or another Euro if its still built in Japan.

No, the current Corolla are all from Japan. Perhaps that's the reason why the Corolla and Mazda3 are outselling the Civic.
A few years ago, the hatchback used to be from South Africa and wasn't popular.

s2o0o
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
why does Thailand have such a bad rep? Not all the Honda's that come out of Thailand are bad.

Too right! They only forget to put in boot linings and the right size drivers windows. :thumbdwn: Alright I'm joking.

The new CRV is phat! I love it. And the Mugen one looks tough :) HAHA.

UNLS1
05-03-2007, 09:11 AM
hmm so some people wouldnt buy a BMW coz some of them are made in south africa??
The ford focus is made in south africa!

the honda civic hatch is made in england.....

onca again hondarox the corolla and mazda 3 have been out for a few years now, then civic has only been out for one, and they still cant keep up with demand....

u have no idea, how the hell can the civic out sell the corolla and mazda 3 when its only been out a year????

please think about wat u post before u post, u are starting to look very silly

hondarox
11-03-2007, 03:01 PM
hmm so some people wouldnt buy a BMW coz some of them are made in south africa??
The ford focus is made in south africa!

the honda civic hatch is made in england.....

onca again hondarox the corolla and mazda 3 have been out for a few years now, then civic has only been out for one, and they still cant keep up with demand....

u have no idea, how the hell can the civic out sell the corolla and mazda 3 when its only been out a year????

please think about wat u post before u post, u are starting to look very silly

OK let's look at Feb's sales.

Corolla - 3591
Mazda3 - 3014
Yaris - 2512
Astra - 1767
Civic - 1641

Civic will never catch up with the old Corolla. We know that if a new car doesn't sell well in the first year of release, it's very unlikely to sell well in subsequent years. Also the new Corolla will be on sale next month. Civic simply don't stand a chance.

Please UNLS1, help us forumners.
No more CRV that is not only ugly but build in Thailand. Ensure that the next Euro is as good looking as the current one and still Made in Japan.
And I'll definitely give you top priority when I buy the new Euro.

bigdongers
11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
I think you mean Mazda 3 and not Mazda2. The 2 is a shitbox and sales are pathetic. The 3 is a runaway success though.

Also, what makes you think that UNLS1 has any influence over where the next Euro will be built?

hondarox
12-03-2007, 09:47 AM
I think you mean Mazda 3 and not Mazda2. The 2 is a shitbox and sales are pathetic. The 3 is a runaway success though.

Also, what makes you think that UNLS1 has any influence over where the next Euro will be built?

My apologies. You're right. It's the Mazda2. I've corrected my post.
From previous posts, I believe UNLS1 works in one of the Vic dealers.
Customer feedback should be important to him.

UNLS1
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
can u pick the difference between the civic hybrid and thai built civics build quality?

Rice_4_life
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
lol someone change the thread name :p

Suntzu
12-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Bugga!

I wanted the new Lux 2007 crv to replace my current CRV ( 02 auto) but I drove two of them, both autos ( for missus) and they are baaad sluuuugs..esp 80-120kph in 3rd -my main overtaking requirement. My current CRV is just adequate there but this one is a bad mother, I'd say dangerously scary if you were overtaking a truck on single lanes. ( as i do regularly on country trips). Ok so they werent run but if you add a few passengers and luggage then forget it.

So im basically ruling it out.

It handles VERY well and the build quality is exceptional. For all of you crapping on about the thai build then I suggest you actually get in one and have a lookm. I have a 05 Euro as well as my current CRV so I know what im taking about.

Hope the bring out the diesel or im hitting the v6 Rav4...

hondarox
15-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Tribeca's getting a nose job. Is there one for the CRV?

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=37030&vf=12

hondarox
15-03-2007, 07:42 PM
can u pick the difference between the civic hybrid and thai built civics build quality?

"... The hybrid-powered Civic is made in Japan, all other Civic models sold in Australia now come from Thailand. (Anyone looking to buy a regular, Thai-built Civic should check the plastic fitting of the seat backs and around the digital speedometer screen - both were loose on previous cars we've tested.) ..."

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=12404

Might be worthwhile to check it out although article was published last June.

Rice_4_life
15-03-2007, 10:40 PM
I still think the CRV looks tough from the front, it grew on me, used to kind of hate it :p.

IAMVTEC
15-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Tribeca's getting a nose job. Is there one for the CRV?

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=37030&vf=12

Its just come out!! How can you facelift a car after its not even been out for a month..

I agree the new CRV looks weird but still too early to admit they ****ed up

nexace
16-03-2007, 10:06 AM
"... The hybrid-powered Civic is made in Japan, all other Civic models sold in Australia now come from Thailand. (Anyone looking to buy a regular, Thai-built Civic should check the plastic fitting of the seat backs and around the digital speedometer screen - both were loose on previous cars we've tested.) ..."

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=12404

Might be worthwhile to check it out although article was published last June.

If this is the worst thing about Civics coming from Thailand then I'll take it anyday.

I think the bottom line is, it doesn't matter where the car is made, there's sure to some minor problems regardless of the brand.

Eg. My aunt didn't recently purchased a Mercedes... there's been a neverending list of problems she has to put up with. Just because it's a Merc doesn't mean it's going to be problem free.

MiSloVic
16-03-2007, 06:21 PM
With 80% of all Honda vehicles sold last year in Australia coming from Thailand, there's definitely no choice for Honda afficionados.

wont be surprised if our children grow up thinking honda is a thai brand.

Datuk
18-03-2007, 12:11 AM
thats true!

19-03-2007, 03:54 PM
The Honda Civic will always be the prefered choice over the Mazda and the Toyota, but, Honda will never sell more cars than Toyota and in terms of market share, Honda is on Mazda's tail. The two reasons why the units of Civic's sold in Australia are not high
1. World wide demand (To high off a demand)
2. There is a set amount of cars brought into the country, which will benifit YOU, the owner of a Civic.
Can you image trying to sell your corolla privately for a fair price...... Good luck, when there is another 100 out for sale which might be the same as yours, only a couple of grands cheaper. And you know what they say " If you can't beat them, join them".

UNLS1
19-03-2007, 05:54 PM
The Honda Civic will always be the prefered choice over the Mazda and the Toyota, but, Honda will never sell more cars than Toyota and in terms of market share, Honda is on Mazda's tail. The two reasons why the units of Civic's sold in Australia are not high
1. World wide demand (To high off a demand)
2. There is a set amount of cars brought into the country, which will benifit YOU, the owner of a Civic.
Can you image trying to sell your corolla privately for a fair price...... Good luck, when there is another 100 out for sale which might be the same as yours, only a couple of grands cheaper. And you know what they say " If you can't beat them, join them".

one of the best posts i have read! remember, Honda dont sell Commercial cars at all like mazda and toyota do!
THey also dont sell govnmt and massive fleet cars like the others do!
Bloody good point bout the corolla, there are so many X fleet cars for sale its not funny!

Great post once again :thumbsup:

UNLS1
30-03-2007, 07:47 PM
mods pls delete this, lol was doin a re post

nexace
31-03-2007, 12:00 AM
There's a double spread article in today's (Friday) Herald Sun in the Cars Guide section. Not a bad article...but have to drive the car to get a better idea.

The writer gave it 80/100 (but he drove the basic model) compared to:

82/100 for the Rav4,
78/100 for the Suzuki Vitara,
76/100 for the Nissan X-Trail and
74/100 for the Subaru Forester

Can't remember what the CX-7 was rated...it was in last weeks Cars Guide review. But these are only his personal opinions.

ahsam
09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
I was so glad to find this forum as I was interested to know what others think of the car. Instead of intelligent discussions about the aspects of the car, the forum has been hijacked by a few very self concious people with preconceived and prejudiced views.

Once upon a time, cars made in japan were crap, apparently (no first hand experience). Korean cars were crap when they first appeared, now vastly improved. Now the Chinese made cars' turn. Australian cars are no different. Thai built cars are good, their exacting standards may not be as high as the Japanese ones, but not far off the mark. My South African built car is as good as the German ones.

Japanese car maker cannot afford to not build cars all over the world to protect themselves from currency movements and competition. I agree that the Thai built cars ought to be more competitively priced, but the market will fix that sooner or later.

Being in the market for a CRV sized car, I have just driven one. I found the car very quiet, smooth, well built and spacious. Engine a little weak for the car. The Rav4 was perkier, but noisier and less refined, but still smooth. Built just as well as the CRV despite being "made in Japan". The Captiva was quite good too, although is was much less refined and the steering wheel needing too many turns (slow) and that was a pain. Rolls around too much. Otherwise it was rather good value.

Someone mentioned a V6 Rav4, really?? When will this arrive? The new Kluger would be nice, but it would be too large for us. The Rav4 with a V6...wow, that would do the trick :p . How about a 3 litre CRV??

phily
10-05-2007, 08:39 PM
There's a double spread article in today's (Friday) Herald Sun in the Cars Guide section. Not a bad article...but have to drive the car to get a better idea.

The writer gave it 80/100 (but he drove the basic model) compared to:

82/100 for the Rav4,
78/100 for the Suzuki Vitara,
76/100 for the Nissan X-Trail and
74/100 for the Subaru Forester

Can't remember what the CX-7 was rated...it was in last weeks Cars Guide review. But these are only his personal opinions.
wow 78 for the vitara! go suzuki!

i liked the new CRV... untill i saw it in the carpark today. front was hideous in real life. was the bar type grille

hondarox
13-05-2007, 09:07 PM
wow 78 for the vitara! go suzuki!

i liked the new CRV... untill i saw it in the carpark today. front was hideous in real life. was the bar type grille
IMO the interior is very nice.
But the styling is terrible, especially the front.
Subaru just updated the aweful front of the Tribeca.
Will we see one for the CRV soon?

MiSloVic
21-05-2007, 08:04 PM
had the new CRV when i send my car in for servicing, have to say.. the ride is quite good...

found the fit and finish a bit un-honda, especially the interior.. the ceiling is lined with some rather soft board, a light press is enough to leave a dent in the area just above the rear view mirror.

dash design is good, but the fit can be better... noticed the driver's side gap with the door is about 1 finger thick, while the gap with the left door is about half its size. the CX7's interior fit is better, though a bit basic.

as001
22-05-2007, 01:43 PM
on the weekend just past the wife and i test drove:
Mazda Cx7
Nissan Murano
New gen CRV
Both of us found the crv was easiest and the nicest to drive, best visibilty, seat position also least amount of blind spots, quality of finish inside and out all 3 cars were on par (murano dash clusters looked shite yellow dials!?!)
On the down side for crv it had the least amount of power in that company that being said it was the best value of out the lot features wise.
So the next addition to the garage will be the new crv and i have no worries in quality of finish despite the fact they are made in Thailand, the last car i used to have an MY03 Subaru liberty (current shape b4 face lift) made in Japan however had loads with quality issues bad enough for me to trade it off after a year, so far to date i havent read of any one with a Thai built Honda on this forum had as many issues with the subie i had...

hondarox
23-05-2007, 09:41 PM
One Melbourne dealer just advertised the manual CRV for $31,490 DRIVEAWAY (excludes $300 for metallic paint). Why is the new CRV being discounted when it has just been released three months ago ?

nexace
23-05-2007, 11:29 PM
One Melbourne dealer just advertised the manual CRV for $31,490 DRIVEAWAY (excludes $300 for metallic paint). Why is the new CRV being discounted when it has just been released three months ago ?

End of financial year sales? But it's still a damn good price! Which dealer was this?

MiSloVic
26-05-2007, 10:26 AM
are they demos or brand new. it is usually pretty difficult to get a big discount with a just-launched-cars, unless.. there is an obvious demand problem.

hondarox
26-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Ad was in this week's local paper.
FTG Honda.

nexace
01-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Just for your information:

The waiting time for a black CRV luxury with black leather interior will take 2-3 months to deliver! There's practically none left in Melbourne...not bad for a Thailand made vehicle :p

Suntzu
01-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Got mine in 3 days!!!! woot ( black lux in stock)

whtdc2
01-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I dont mind where they made as long as they look good, but not nowaday Hondas....all look shit...not my cup of tea any more

hondarox
01-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I dont mind where they made as long as they look good, but not nowaday Hondas....all look shit...not my cup of tea any more

After the Euro, there hasn't been any good looking Honda.

nexace
03-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Got mine in 3 days!!!! woot ( black lux in stock)

Wasn't the demo from Robert Lane was it? :honda:

Suntzu
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Nah. had 7kms on the clock when i picked it up in canberra at the honda dealer.

jinroh
04-06-2007, 03:13 AM
Just for your information:

The waiting time for a black CRV luxury with black leather interior will take 2-3 months to deliver! There's practically none left in Melbourne...not bad for a Thailand made vehicle :p

satellite mist, 2 months waiting time (still 1 month to go :( ) the sales guy said there's none atm in the country blah blah..

in melb too..

MiSloVic
05-06-2007, 07:57 PM
the manual CRV is actually surprisingly brisk! :thumbsup: gearbox isn't as smooth as expected of a Honda, but still better then the competitors.

Kyo
08-06-2007, 08:26 AM
The new CRV projector headlight looks pretty nice, are they any good? considering retro-fit it to my DC5.

marathon42
05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I traded in my 2000 Japanese built Corolla (they are built in Korea I think since 2001) for a 2007 CRV. I go camping a fair bit and the hatchback was too small.

I could care less where they are built as all manufacturing factories will gravitate to cheapest cost location over time.
Doesn't mean quality changes - big names like Toyota, Honda, etc would not dare compromise quality - would lose sales and negate saving of moving to cheaper location - what's the point of that?

I drove all the competitors over a period of 6 months as I was in no hurry. Deciding factors were manual, space, running cost, purchase price, safety, power.
Would have liked a 6 cyclinder but purchase price and running cost knocked them out. I travel too much to fork out all that extra money for petrol. Four cyclinders at 125 kw is close enough to the heavier 6 cyclinder models anyway.
Some styles were too old as well. Came down to Rav4 and CRV. Close call but Rav4 felt agricultural to drive, also no stability control and that bloody wheel on the back door.

Got manual CRV for $33,250 drive away with tow bar and boot lid thrown in for the price (Sydney north shore).
Autos are for pansies.

Found it a great drive, very happy with it.
Already got stuck on the beach (idiot that I am) but found it very capable off-road in the mountains and on slippery rutted mud roads after the recent rains.

Due to the extra weight I find it less responsive than the Corolla, especially in Sydney traffic.
So want to improve the low-down grunt and responsiveness.
Any ideas and places to have this done?

NeoNode
05-07-2007, 05:13 PM
I traded in my 2000 Japanese built Corolla (they are built in Korea I think since 2001) for a 2007 CRV.
I'm sure all Corollas were built in Japan, apart from the Sportivo's which were from South Africa.

SSCD
05-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Cosmetically-wise.. they are the ugliest model Honda has ever brought out!! The interior is not all that bad tho:) only get leather tho bcoz its much easier to maintain. If you decide to get cloth...well your in for long days vacuuming and cleaning:)

hondarox
06-07-2007, 09:15 AM
marathon42, if you wanted more power, you should get the Outlander V6 3.0L or the Rav4 V6 with the 3.5L Lexus RX350 engine.

marathon42
06-07-2007, 09:41 AM
marathon42, if you wanted more power, you should get the Outlander V6 3.0L or the Rav4 V6 with the 3.5L Lexus RX350 engine.

Thanks - I will just activate my time machine and take up your advice.

In any case, Outlander is Mitsubishi (not my favourite), only in auto (only manual for me), $38,500 before on-road costs, so $about $10k up on CRV.
RAV4 in V6 not available in Oz yet and undoubtably greater cost and maintenance if it was.

You could also have mentioned the ML 350, X5, XC90, Discovery, etc, but you buy what you can.

MiSloVic
07-07-2007, 09:48 AM
i'm waiting for the improved outlander vrx. it is better equipped and, surprisingly, handles and ride better than the crv.
don't get me wrong, the CRV in manual form, is a pretty good drive. but i really cannot stand that michael jackson nose job.

UNLS1
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM

do some more research b4 u reccomend cars that are not availible here

i know wat u mean about the power, its good value for money but they needed at least another 5-15kws!

yfin
09-07-2007, 07:56 PM
So want to improve the low-down grunt and responsiveness.
Any ideas and places to have this done?

Honestly, i think it is not worth modifying the CRV. Not with 1570kg and 125kw as your base position. Even if you put on an intake/header/exhaust I doubt you will notice much difference to justify the $$$. Try and reduce the weight where you can - remove the spare, tools and carry a tin of sealant for around town, that will save you 20kg. If you are keen remove the intake resonator.

SMan
09-08-2007, 08:10 PM
When this model first came out I didn't like the look of it much either, but its grown on me since it came out here (much like the bug-eye Subaru Impreza). I've taken it for a drive and well, compared to the Accord Euro I have now, there was nothing inspirational about the drive, it's an underpowered little bus. However, it's a nice little bus with style and finish that I've come to appreciate from Honda. Trying to fit baby and pram and all the other junk into the Accord is a bit of a challenge, so I'm looking forward to the CRV. This is only my second Honda, I'm really liking what they do. I would've loved to get another Euro or even the funky new Civic, but having a few more bodies and "stuff" to cart around the CRV is more practical for the next few years.

UNLS1
09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
it also outsold the Rav-4 last month!

SMan
09-08-2007, 08:40 PM
it also outsold the Rav-4 last month!

Yeah, I looked at the Rav, didn't do anything for me, the CRV has a much nicer User Interface, and feels a bit more spacious.

hondarox
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
IMO, the Japanese built Rav4 is much better looking outside from all angles than the Thai built CRV.
CRV looks better inside than Rav4 though.
Oh yes, CRV only outsold Rav4 by 64 units in July.
Here are the sales figures for the other months:

Jun '07 Rav4 - 1343 CRV - 1011

May '07 Rav4 - 1146 CRV - 1043

Apr '07 Rav4 - 1043 CRV - 862

Mar '07 Rav4 - 1406 CRV - 1454

Feb '07 Rav4 - 1110 CRV - 944

I believe CRV sales will suffer when Rav4 V6 is released.

UNLS1
10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
will u ever get over this thai - jap build rubbish?

Suntzu
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I've had my 2007 CRV LUX AUTO Black for 4 months and it built ****ing brilliantly and YES I also have a 2005 Euro so can you guys STFU about thisnon issue. The build rates in Thailand and 1-3&#37; better than japan said the head of quality for Honda in Japan.

nexace
20-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I've had my 2007 CRV LUX AUTO Black for 4 months and it built ****ing brilliantly and YES I also have a 2005 Euro so can you guys STFU about thisnon issue. The build rates in Thailand and 1-3% better than japan said the head of quality for Honda in Japan.

Sounds like we have similiar tastes! :D

We picked up ours at about 2-3 weeks ago. Missus is absolutely stoked with it... There is definitely NOTHING wrong with it being built in Thailand. Don't know what all the big deal is about. The leather seats aren't as soft as the Euro's but they're better for posture.

Prior to purchase I test drove the Prado, Hilux, Pathfinder, Navara, Rav4, ML something, X5 and the Lexus R something. At the end of the day, it was about being comfortable with the vehicle. And for that price...definitely a winner.

SMan
29-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Picked up my CRV today (Sport model) and very happy with it. I was feeling quite sad to have to give up the Euro for this more practical and family friendly vehicle, but after the 45 minute drive home I'm really pleased with this car. The finish and quality is excellent and it drives just fine for what I need (not out there to win any races or climb mountains). Quite a different experience from what I'm used to, but I'm slowly becoming more comfortable with it. No big mods, just tinted windows and floor mats, and scored a nice Honda Jacket :)

Loving the higher visibility, big windows, sunroof and less wind noise than the Euro on the FWY. The side rear vision mirrors still freak me out though.

KenC
30-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Got my 07 crv sports for about 5 weeks now. Loved it. Only problem i had was with it's front left speaker which was giving out distorted sound. Told the dealer and they changed it for me without any question asked. don't think thai build was the issue. further more, i heard there was an oil leak problem on the jap build in america.

Here is the article from the March 2007, Honda Service News on the rear main oil seal leak:

Engine Leaks Oil at Very Low Mileage

Currently Applies To: ’07 Japan-built CR-Vs

Some vehicles may have a leaking rear main seal.
The seal starts leaking at very low mileage—usually
less than 100 miles.
Because of the shape of the engine oil pan and the
tilt of the engine in the chassis, it’s easy to think this
leak is coming from the end of the oil pan. But take
our word for it, that leak is coming from the rear main
seal. Replace that seal and you’ll take care of the
problem.

KenC
30-08-2007, 08:48 AM
my bad, here's the link to it

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SN/a070300.PDF

SMan
30-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Drove it for the first time at night tonight...the blue highlights around the dash are very sweet. The blue LED mood lighting seems a little useless but cute. The way the very large red Hazard Lights button lights up reminds me of HAL. Nice to see Honda have lit up the steering wheel controls on this car, the Euro I had didn't have this.

Also, a seemingly insignificant and possibly expected feature (but I wasn't expecting it) was the way the passenger power window buttons light up...in that.... I had the passenger window buttons locked via that little lock toggle button, because the tint needs time to cure, but I had forgotten this little fact, and while driving along this evening, I looked around at the window buttons on the passenger side, and to my dissapointment they were not lit up like the driver side. "Oh nooooo!" I thought, another cost cutting exercise?! Then I realised that I had them locked and wondered if that also turns off their illumination, so I toggled the lock switch and hey presto, the passenger side window buttons lit up :D Not sure if the Euro ever did that, I never noticed it if it did, but what a cute little feature.

TurBIce
30-08-2007, 09:36 PM
worth trading in 06 civic?

SMan
30-08-2007, 10:18 PM

If you're after something with more room, functionality and better ride over the nature strips when navigating around a traffic jam, it's the way to go ;)

It's a very different drive to something like a Civic, but it still handles surprisingly well. Only real criticism I would have is that for the size of the car, it could do with a little more power.

Suntzu
31-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh! my car is using a LOT of oil! I might have this problem.

UNLS1
31-08-2007, 09:50 AM
some nice little reviews! good to see. all my customers are over the moon with their crv's. I havnt had a complaint yet!

I just got a new sport demo the other week. I love it, had it up in the hills around the yarra valley, along dirt roads ect, its just a pleasure to drive!

TurBIce
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah, both are good cars. hmm...
does aussie crvs come with hids?

ozR18
01-09-2007, 02:06 PM

i sense your losing ur love towards your civic dude...:eek: lol

TurBIce
02-09-2007, 12:52 AM
i sense your losing ur love towards your civic dude...:eek: lol

hahaha.
sorta.. its more like. i dont drive enough. thought i donate to my dad for auto.

NSX88X
02-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Im getting my run around CRV Sport Luxury next wednesday. First Brand new Honda ever owned.

KenC
04-09-2007, 08:20 AM
yeah, both are good cars. hmm...
does aussie crvs come with hids?

hope. just halogen.. the european and the luxury thai models comes with HID. not too sure if the american models comes with HID or not.

SMan
10-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Here's a little (edited) shot from its first family day trip a couple weekends ago.

http://www.eaglebase.net/files/temp/Car/HondaCRV.jpg

UNLS1
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
thats a great pic!

SMan
10-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Thanks. I plan on doing some more, just been flat out recently and not much time to play.
Hey, given the CRV is a pretty popular model of Honda, why not a dedicated board for CRV's past & present?

UNLS1
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
coz i alot of people just want dedicated things like that for cars that can be modded ect and performance hondas ect

Im still loving my sport, i lose it in 3,000ks time.

SMan
12-09-2007, 07:47 PM
You can put 20inch rims on the CRV and make it fully sick too!!!
;)

UNLS1
14-09-2007, 03:15 PM
in the crv japan brouchure theres options for a lowering kit an 19" wheels!
looks bloody great!

nexace
19-09-2007, 02:33 PM
The only gripe I have with the CRV is that the Lux really needs HID's. In fact, I would gladly trade the heated seats for it anyday!

Suntzu
19-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey I have a lux and its got no pollen filter??? Is the lux supposed to have the pollen filter stock?

UNLS1
19-09-2007, 06:57 PM
nah the lux doenst have the dust and pollen filter, its an option!

Yeah i wish the lux had HID's.

its prob the same reason the CTR doesnt have HID's. Didnt meet ADR's!

We sell so many more lux and sport CRV's than the standard.
I still think the standard is good value for money under 35k.

but i love the sunroof and alloys and the better stereo! Id take the sport lol

Sherweeeny
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
dad having owned the first and second gen ones, WAS going to step into the new 3rd gen... but not even its mother could love that ugly face! and whats with the rear 3/4 window??? boxy car with round window? what the HELL were they thinking?

MiSloVic
09-10-2007, 07:54 PM
while my euro was being serviced, i had the new CRV as the courtesy car from the dealer. no a single person on the streets ever take a second look at the car.

however, since getting my mit outlander, i have to get used to the occassional stares from other road users, and have to entertain queries from quite a few colleagues. the outlander rides and handles better than the CRV, but nothing beats the crv's dash design.

the crv needs a facelift badly.

Rock
07-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Where can I find Honda Dealers around SE suburbs?

Been to the one in Ferntree Gully and hated that place.

SMan
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Where can I find Honda Dealers around SE suburbs?
Been to the one in Ferntree Gully and hated that place.

Try the "Find a dealer" function on the Honda.com.au site.
http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/Honda.com.au/Home/Buying+Tools/Find+a+Dealer/

I can't speak for any on the SE side though. I got mine from Geelong and couldn't be happier. My second Honda from the same place in fact.

jay_vtec
10-11-2007, 11:07 AM
travis honda in frankston there great

Rock
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Thanks folks. We'll be getting a CRV for sure, just need to find the right place without going too far.

nexace
26-12-2007, 10:04 PM
while my euro was being serviced, i had the new CRV as the courtesy car from the dealer. no a single person on the streets ever take a second look at the car.

the crv needs a facelift badly.

Actually, we had the opposite effect. Maybe because the car was kitted up with aero kit, honeycomb grills, sidesteps, rear spoiler and it's black!

SMan
03-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Not too stressed about the outside, I spend most of my time inside anyway ;)
From some angles though it is a pretty car. I think the simple side on with the beak showing is not so nice, but pretty much all other angles are sweet.

http://www.eaglebase.net/files/temp/Car/HondaCRV_001.jpg

UNLS1
05-02-2008, 09:27 AM
looks great! they are selling very very well!

slidetaker
06-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Quick one.
Do the Michelin Latitude OEM tyre made in any Asian countries or made in European countries?
Thanks.

sendok
07-02-2008, 09:59 PM
this crv is awesome.. :D can put 22" and mugen bodykit XD

keioffice
07-03-2008, 12:29 PM
its quite nice actually.. can grow on you tho i think the back needs work

Suntzu
14-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Pissed me off when i spent 40 something k on a new CRV lux and the pollen filter is extra.

SPQR
15-03-2008, 03:09 PM
My wife and I bought a Luxury 5AT late last year. We like it a lot. I'm six foot cubed and I have no problem fitting in the back even with the sunroof. There's even enough room for me in the back seat when my wife stops driving it long enough for me to get in there. Easy to get bub and accoutrements (pronounced ar-koo-tray-monts) in and out as well.

DLRioM
19-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Some of these comments coming out of this thread make feel embarrasment to a part of ozhonda.... Y is it always the ones with no idea that have the largest mouths???

I have a Euro, my parents just bought a CRV and my mate has a civic sport. Now as far as i know the civic sport is from thailand and my euro is from japan. After going through the civic the build quality overall is equal if not better than the quality of mine. I have had dash parts changed and other random crap which was faulty while his car has had not one problem and the detail makes mine look like it could learn a thing or two from the thai. If the new euro is from thailand i couldnt give a crap. The CRV is great quality as well and believe me iv gone over all of them thoruoghly.

Get ur facts right guys. Half of u prob havnt even seen the cars ur bagging just parroting what uv heard from others.

lame

OB
19-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Picked up a brand new standard 07 build CRV early this month, Alabaster Silver, 6 spd manual from Trivett Honda (Parra), very happy with it! Pleasantly surprised with the standard features the base model comes with.. cruise control safety features (VSA) etc interior features and build quality!
$34k driveway included 5 year warranty, 5 year road side assistance, and had a DVD system thrown in (promotion they had running).

I think the base model is very good value and doesn't loose out on many safety features (only curtain airbags) compared to the sport or lux, and is very well placed for interior features / gadgets!

Definitely a bigger car both in and out, then the previous model and drives a whole lot better, handling around corners seems more direct and steadier, and the 6th gear on the highway + cruise control is a bonus!

Car has completed approx. 1500km and have the fuel economy down to 9 - 9.2L/100.. so very happy with performance build quality and overall package.:thumbsup:
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/obwalker/DSCN2830.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/obwalker/DSCN2828.jpg