PDA

View Full Version : Tacho

serpo
09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi all I have a CRX 1987 everything is stock except for extractors and exhaust system, I wana put a tacho in my car but the distributor hasnt got the center hub for it, what can I do???

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 11:57 AM
You should have an RPM wire going to the ECU.

Try downloading a pin out diagram for your ecu and that will tell you where to plug the wire into ;)

serpo
09-02-2007, 12:06 PM
You should have an RPM wire going to the ECU.

Try downloading a pin out diagram for your ecu and that will tell you where to plug the wire into ;)

Were can I find a ECU diagram from?

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Have a good search on Honda-tech. Thats where i found the one for my car from.

SINISTR
09-02-2007, 12:27 PM
You can plug into the back of the standard tacho im pretty sure.

Only question I have is WHY put an aftermarket tacho when you already have one in the dash? Its not like you're reving over 7200rpm anyway atm. Im sorry I know it adds 'Style' but i find it pointless - i really do! - unless you're dash tacho isn't working.

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah you can do this as well. I had one running of that in mine.

I too found it pointless. i still looked at my OEM one anyway. I didn't hink you had a stock one.

serpo
09-02-2007, 12:53 PM
I guess it would just look cool, my in dash tacho works fine but just doesnt look cool, its all about wank factor I guess lol

SINISTR
09-02-2007, 02:14 PM
I guess it would just look cool, my in dash tacho works fine but just doesnt look cool, its all about wank factor I guess lol

mate - if thats all that its about - seriously - DON'T do it! Fit a shift light instead and get an indiglo cluster if you want 'colour' and 'cool'.

I remember when we sold my gfs civic, just before we sold it, i fitted a JDM cluster with a tacho in it because the owner wanted it in there, and a week later he fitted a new tacho infront of that - WHY? I just couldn't understand it!

serpo
09-02-2007, 04:04 PM
mm iv got a $400 VDO tacho so its either I install it or let it collect dust lol, my interior is black and so is the tacho so it would look so mean its all about looks dude i dont wana race my car off the streets lol

SINISTR
09-02-2007, 05:06 PM
mm iv got a $400 VDO tacho so its either I install it or let it collect dust lol, my interior is black and so is the tacho so it would look so mean its all about looks dude i dont wana race my car off the streets lol

you definatelly don't want to race your car ON the streets then either!

its cool man - fit the tacho - im just saying it seems strange when people fit tachos while car has stock one and its still working... its your car - you'll do as you like :)

JasonGilholme
09-02-2007, 05:34 PM
lol I'll just say this.

They call it WANK factor for a reason...