PDA

View Full Version : TEG clutch is stuck wtf?

DUST
10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Last night i hopped into my car and press the clutch and it felt way too light from normal. I tried to put it in reverse and 1st and it wouldn't change gears!

I told my friends about it and they said it might just be a case of low brake fluids and just needs to top it up again. This has happened to him too, and that was the solution to his problem.

I checked the brake fluids and it looked alright to me, but i might be wrong. I haven't gone to the shops to buy new brake fluids yet. So should i go down to Honda and buy the OEM brake fluid? or just buy any from Repco or Super Cheap Auto?

Well i don't know whats wrong with the clutch so does anyone knows whats the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks.

aaronng
10-02-2007, 07:19 PM
You're supposed to check your clutch fluid..... How long since you last changed your clutch fluid?

And buy Honda brake fluid if you can. If you need the fluid ASAP, then go for a DOT3 or DOT4 fluid. Castrol response is pretty good for the price as a temporary fix. After that, do a full flush with Honda brake fluid to clean out any dirt that might have gonnen in there.

Rice_4_life
10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
yea seems like your running a bit empty there :P, as aaronng said above do a flush using OEM honda brake fluid... should b tops again in no time.

Samo
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
could be fcuked clutch mater or slave also ..
look look into dat as well

aaronng
10-02-2007, 08:50 PM
^^ Yeah, if you are losing clutch fluid, there is a leak somewhere.

DUST
11-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Today i drove my car around, but it still had the same problem. Only 30 secs of trying to switch into different gears, that i could get it working. It seems that everytime i jump into the car the gears will get stuck.

When i drove the car around today i notice that i couldn't let the clutch go out half way anymore, it would start rolling back imediately, from just letting go of the clutch alittle.

I haven't got any brake or clutch fluid yet, will get them after work sometime this week.

Cheers for the help guys.

Vlas
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
its a stuffed clutched master clyinderrrrr

DUST
14-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Ok, i found out the problem. The clutch fluid has leaked out and there is no fluids there at all. The leak has gone all the way inside my car, to the clutch foot pedals.

So what should i do now, and how much should this cost if i were to bring it to a mechanic to fix it for me. I know i that i have to get something from the clutch thing to be resealed.

Cheers for the help so far.

Edgeauto
14-02-2007, 08:00 PM
As stated above you need to replace your clutch master cylinder. OEM 1 is about $70 plus you need brake fluid and about 30-60 minutes labor.

aaronng
14-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Ok, i found out the problem. The clutch fluid has leaked out and there is no fluids there at all. The leak has gone all the way inside my car, to the clutch foot pedals.

So what should i do now, and how much should this cost if i were to bring it to a mechanic to fix it for me. I know i that i have to get something from the clutch thing to be resealed.

Cheers for the help so far.

Your clutch master cylinder has failed. You're better off getting a new Honda original part and getting it installed at your mech than having it rebuilt.