PDA

View Full Version : Side air bags - Honda Euro

yfin
16-06-2004, 09:30 PM
I was in Tasmania last week and was looking at a Euro parked directly next to mine. I don't know why - just a habit of mine to see if they have any mods, etc.

Anyway - I had a quick look through the window and noticed the owner has fitted FULL sheep skin seat covers! What the f***?

The Euro has front side air bags - surely seat covers can only impact the performance or deployment of the seat airbags..

Some people just don't deserve Euros. :D

A'PEXi
16-06-2004, 09:55 PM
seat airbags????

ECU-MAN
16-06-2004, 10:05 PM
seat airbags????

yeah Honda EURO has side airbags in the side of both front seats.

that dude is crazy, them airbags deploy at like 280km/h and have alot of punch.
I am yet to see this but I have herd that you can get custon seat covers ( not from honda ) that will tear when the air bag deploys like them stupid dash mats.

PERTH_EURO
17-06-2004, 12:18 AM
are the bags not in the B Pillar??

yfin
17-06-2004, 09:01 AM
are the bags not in the B Pillar??

nope -they are in the sides of the seat. I also think (correct me if I am wrong) there is a "SRS Airbag" logo in the sides of the front seats.

The luxury model also has curtain bags in the pillar but that has nothing to do with the side air bags in the seats.

bigdongers
17-06-2004, 02:47 PM
How do you know that there isnt a slit or something that will let the airbags out?

I am sure if they got them done by a pro, the pro would have seen the SRS airbag warning and fitted covers to suit.

ECU-MAN
17-06-2004, 07:29 PM
How do you know that there isnt a slit or something that will let the airbags out?

I am sure if they got them done by a pro, the pro would have seen the SRS airbag warning and fitted covers to suit.

slit ot no slit honda dont recomend seat covers what so ever

Calvo
17-06-2004, 10:36 PM
its against the law in NSW to have seat covers fitted to vehicle with side airbags like those u speak of.

so maybe its against the law for a reason... :D

PERTH_EURO
18-06-2004, 01:28 PM
I stand corrected the airbag is certainly in the seat. Checked it out.
It even has a little tag to say so

Seat covers suck anyway