PDA

View Full Version : Tracking question

Breezy
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey ppl, i'm interested in tracking. My question is what i need to do to start tracking, like do i need a special licence? And basically just after any info about tracking.

Rice_4_life
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
i dont track but my mates tell me you do need a racing licence and learn all the flags and shit :S not too sure but tats all i know :P

Spunkymonkey
11-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey ppl, i'm interested in tracking. My question is what i need to do to start tracking, like do i need a special licence? And basically just after any info about tracking.

It depends on what track, and whether you mean like going to wakefield or doing drag runs....e.g. wakefield you can just pay for a wakefield track licence, and the day fee etc. For other tracks you may need a cams licence or be affiliated with a club. Do a search on the track, or be a bit more specific so the members can assist you.

turtleEK1
11-02-2007, 07:44 PM
what state do you live in? not sure if its any different here than any where else...

but at qld raceway where you can race on the sprint track... all you need is the aasa license (which costs you about $50 plus filling out a sheet)... a helmet and be present during the race briefings before the day...

if you were talking about what you need done to car... all new fluids and filters, good condition brake pads, rotors and tyres...

hope this helps a little...

Breezy
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm in melb. I mean like can you just go to a track and have a few runs? Safety equipment?

Drew
11-02-2007, 08:17 PM
You will need a helmet at the least; it need to have a current safety rating sticker on it... will read SAXXXX something like that a motorbike one isn't acceptable and the safety rating starts with MXXX something; I can't remember exactly off of the top of my head but Car and Motorbike helmets are made to different standards thus not 'compatible' with one another shall we say

Best having a look on the CAMS website for the exact regulations n stuff
http://www.camsmanual.com.au/search.asp?query=helmet&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0