PDA

View Full Version : supercharge?... possibility?

integrity
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
hi guys ive been told it is possible to run a centrifugul supercharger in the s2K form like a 4AGZE corolla?

i have been told with sutom brackets, moutings and a intercooler, by pass valve it should run ok ...

is this possible/

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 08:17 AM
alot of things are possible dude.
lol.
my mate has put one on his 03 corolla, using custom everything.
all you need to do really, is mount the supercharger in line with your crank.
make some pulley's maybe some dampeners.

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah it should be pretty straight forward if your not afriad to get your hands dirty and make some custom siht.

you just gotta remember that you won't make as much power as a turbo, and i'm sure plenty of people will let you know this :p

integrity
12-02-2007, 08:42 AM
yep i know tht

how much am i looking at minus the kustom stuff cause i got a guy that can make it up ...

what is needed for a really standard kit?
just to get low boost is the goal and ive previously owned a integra turbo so i know what its like to turbo a honda.

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 08:48 AM
what you need?
supercharger
belt
pulleys
dampeners (maybe depending on setup)
ecu
top mount/front mount
piping
injectors (maybe, depending on standard size)
and of course the brackets/mounts.

integrity
12-02-2007, 09:02 AM
what about this ?

to run somethign like a low 5 psi

S/c unit
pulleys
filter
brackets/mounts etc...
VAFC? instead of ECU (can i just piggy back it up)
FMIC
by pass valve
dampeners?

do i require injectors for low boost?

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
a VAFC may work.
but a emanage would be better at a piggyback as i am told.

you may need injectors for low boost, i don't know the standard cc for the s2k.
dampeners, so when the engine moves, so does the supercharger, so it doesn't put stress on the mounts/pulleys/belts and snaps and breaks things. lol.

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 09:07 AM
If he mounts the supper charger to the engine he shouldn't need a dampener should he? Just like the alternator is attached to the engine.

Zdster
12-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I am far from a turbo/supercharger expert, but if you spent well in order of over 30k on a car, do you really want to skimp on parts that could potentially blow your engine (ie ecu's and the like)? Why not look at spending the right sort of cash and get a setup that you know will last and wont cause you problems?

**Note: This post is not meant as an attach, just some advice.

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:09 AM
If he mounts the supper charger to the engine he shouldn't need a dampener should he? Just like the alternator is attached to the engine.
it depends how it is mounted though.
eg, 3 of my mates cars are supercharged.
2 requires dampeners, because of the way they were mounted.

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I am far from a turbo/supercharger expert, but if you spent well in order of over 30k on a car, do you really want to skimp on parts that could potentially blow your engine (ie ecu's and the like)? Why not look at spending the right sort of cash and get a setup that you know will last and wont cause you problems?

**Note: This post is not meant as an attach, just some advice.
but the thing is, that it may work quite well, like imo there is less complications that boosting a car, as it's belt driven.

Zdster
12-02-2007, 09:16 AM
but the thing is, that it may work quite well, like imo there is less complications that boosting a car, as it's belt driven.

Hence my sort of comment at the end. This may be a really good setup, I just wanted to raise the issue that if you spent that much money purchasing a car, trying to be cheap in some areas that could potentially blow it up is probably not the best idea.

At any rate, I am no expert, but if you could find a good tuner and the like it sounds like from what everyone is saying it could work well :thumbsup:.

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:17 AM
e-manage, even though not the best ecu, can be tuned safely and yeild decent gains.
vafc, is a grey area for me.

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 09:25 AM
The major difference between super charger and turbo is the predictability of the boost. With a supercharger, when you're revving at 3k rpm the boost is always the same, no matter what level of throttle you have, because its running directly off the crank.

This means that you should be able to even out the AFR to an appropriate level using something like VAFC or emanage. :thumbsup:

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:27 AM
The major difference between super charger and turbo is the predictability of the boost. With a supercharger, when you're revving at 3k rpm the boost is always the same, no matter what level of throttle you have, because its running directly off the crank.

This means that you should be able to even out the AFR to an appropriate level using something like VAFC or emanage. :thumbsup:
should.
but teh vafc, can only do so much when it comes to boost. get what i mean?

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
yeah but it wouldn't need to read the boost cause its going to be the same at each RPM all the time. So as long as your injectors are the right size and you got a good dyno tune to get the AFR right you should be fine.

Does the eManage read boost??

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:39 AM
it's still boost though.
lol.

i'm quite sure it reads boost.

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Wel i reckon if the eManage reads boost then your better of goin with it. However, i still reckon its possible to run it on a VAFC :p

destrukshn
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
i'm sure it reads boost, becuase the greddy turbo kits come with the emanage.
lol.
well emanage isn't that much for expensive than a vafc.
vafc is about $450
emanage my guess is around $600

integrity
12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
ive had E-manage and it stunk !!!
emanage does have somethign called a "pressure sensor harness" which goes to the FPR to read boost.

seeign the S/C is belt driven it doesnt need to be tuned on RPm shouldnt it cause it follows the engine RPm exactly?

and boost is always the same from like 3000rpm+ ...?

i thought my VAFC2 could do it seeing it does air, fuel, and vtec and corrects errors and is tuneable.

hmmz?

is it possible to run a centrifugul on a S2K first of all or do i have to source a blower.

BTW im not going cheap on my car im deciding to make a different approach seeing everybody has a comptech or a vortech etc...

this i a new approach to see what i can do to my car but still not have to go into the engine ...

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
It should be possible providing you mount it properly.

Seems like you need to read up on how Centrifugal superchargers produce boost but essentiall it builds boost all the way up to redline.

1000 rpm might be 1 psi
8000 rpm might be 8 psi

this means that while revving from 1000 rpm to 8000 rpm the boost will steadily rise from 1 psi to 8psi. In this example you can easily tell that @ 4000 rpm you will get 4 psi of boost.

This is just an example to help ya out. but yeah, definately read up on them more before making any purchases.

integrity
12-02-2007, 11:12 AM
i havent been able to locate a centrifugul installed on a S2K ever ,,.. thats why i ask this query ..
difficult YES so i guess ill have to do my homework on this

WhiteAP1
13-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I think ive come across about 3 members who have or had supercharges. Its probably cheaper,easier and safer to buy a comptech or vortech supercharger from the states, than to build a custom one. S2ki would be the best place to do ure homework.