PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Problem *PART 2*

NightKids
12-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Well my car has been making noises at the back whenever i hit a bump or when i'm turning as well. So i took it to ABS today. The guy wasn't really very helpful. I asked if I could get it checked out & he just goes "it's most likely the shock absorbers, don't have to check it" so I asked him how much it was gonna cost me & he said "$460 supply & fitted". He wasn't even gonna tell me the brand or anything until I asked for it. It's apparently Gabriel or something. Just wanna know your opinions & does this guy know what his talking about???

SiReal
12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
check if u have any leaks on your shock absorber. Does your car bounce alot in the back? Are you lowered? and if so, what is your setup?

could also be RSB not tight enough. it makes clunking and thumping noises too - from expereince.

or in general, your shock setup is loose.

tell us more ;) hehe

TODA AU
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
What type of noise?
Creak, squeak, clunk, bang ???

In addition to SiReal's comments...
Check swaybar links & attach points...
If these are loose, even a little you'll get a loud clunk.

It is also not uncommon to see the swaybar contacting the exhaust on poorly made systems.

NightKids
13-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Thx for the response guys. Well i took it to Midas & found out that it had nothing to do with the shocks. They put my car up straight away & found the problem.

The swaybar bracket has been ripped out on the left hand side! I think the pictures speak for themselves:-

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/12022007.jpg

This is how it should look:-

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/12022007_001_.jpg

They have taken off the swaybar for me. He said that I should take it to a panel beater & get it repaired. Any ideas what I can do now?

JasonGilholme
13-02-2007, 06:56 AM
take it to a panel beater and get it repaired. :thumbsup:

Also, once its repaired get a rear subframe re-inforcement from the likes of ASR. This will fix your problem.

SiReal
13-02-2007, 08:18 AM
h0ly sh1t. look, at the WOE is me - whiteline swaybar thread. subframe tearouts have to be rewelded on and apparently cost $$$$$

is it a whiteline bar? if so, let whiteline know, seeing they are currently doing some R&D on your car,.

yellow-dc2
14-02-2007, 07:50 PM
panel beater for sure, $$$$$$$$$$ for sure, i would hope it would cost no more than $800.
friend of mine got a sill rewelded to his rex and cost him $600 looks about the same amount off work. get lots off qoutes.

20-02-2007, 02:54 PM
any updates? did you get it repaired yet?