PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Civic and ipod

sakinah
12-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Going to buy a civic soon. can i connect my ipod in the civic? can it be controlled by the steering wheel audio controls? i am a noob in this area. thanks

EuroDude
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes you can, but you need to buy a device that connects your iPod to the CD Changer connector on the Honda Head Unit.

The Dension IceLink is a popular brand and lets you control the iPod via the steering wheel buttons

Have a look at this site:
http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/Content_Common/pr-car-kits-for-ipods-and-mp3-players-dension_car-kits-for-ipod-MP3-ice-link-plus.seo

honest muz
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Yes you can, but you need to buy a device that connects your iPod to the CD Changer connector on the Honda Head Unit.

The Dension IceLink is a popular brand and lets you control the iPod via the steering wheel buttons

Have a look at this site:
http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/Content_Common/pr-car-kits-for-ipods-and-mp3-players-dension_car-kits-for-ipod-MP3-ice-link-plus.seo

Hang on. The MP3 player (or iPod) plugs straight into the in-dash auxiliary plug. And the volume control can be adjusted on both the mp3 player and/or the car stereo. If you have a Vti-L or Sport then the car radio controls are on the wheel. And, kerching, you can control the mp3 player volume from the steering wheel.

Tee Hee Hee. Keeps the hands free.......

EuroDude
12-02-2007, 05:50 PM
^ Yes but you cannot change tracks or fast forward on the steering wheel without the IceLink (or similar device)

xenfacta
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
gotta ask the question is it worth ur $350 to do so though. i paid it for mine coz the 06's didnt have an auxiliary plug n i have both now.

kerwin
16-02-2007, 09:47 AM
ive also bought the VTI model and was just wondering where the AUX input is located? I know for the VTI-L and sport it is located under the cigarette lighter... but where is it in the VTI model?

thanks in advanced.
Kerwin.

MKI4EVA
16-02-2007, 12:42 PM
haven't used it much and not sure if I bought a bad cable but the sounds transfered quality succk 4rse using the aux input.

wilzee
16-02-2007, 06:41 PM
ive also bought the VTI model and was just wondering where the AUX input is located? I know for the VTI-L and sport it is located under the cigarette lighter... but where is it in the VTI model?

thanks in advanced.
Kerwin.

It's the same as spot as the Sport and VTi-L models. The 2007 models have an auxillary input however the 06 models dont. there's a thread on this about a month ago. ;)

ryanc
16-02-2007, 09:52 PM
are you serious? i thought aux input was suposed to be much clearer

better than my stupid belkin radio transmitter at least...