PDA

View Full Version : Euro mods research

LordOfSchnitzel
12-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi again,

as I mentioned in my intro post, Im planning to get an 07 Accord Euro.

Want to do some homework before so I know what I can and cant do with it.

I'd love to have a go at tuning it just a little, but dont want to go over the top. Im looking for something which can give me a bit more performance when needed and fuel economy when driving 'normally'.
It needs to be understated - i.e. no external mods which attract any kind of attention. I dont want exhaust changes, turbos or different intakes.

I believe, what I am after is a different ECU. Forgive the noobness but I am new to the whole tuning thing. I have read about Hondatas and other things but dont really know the difference.

Ideally I want to have the change made w/o voiding the warranty on the whole car, or at least making it hard to detect that I have made a change at all.

Any pointers appreciated.

Chris_F
12-02-2007, 02:52 PM
The hondata stage 1 reflash sounds right up your ally.

Other than that, consider a thicker rear sway bar (whiteline is a cheap and effective option) and some new pads and the car will accelerate, stop and corner quicker with nothing to set it apart from stock. :)

LordOfSchnitzel
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
had a quick look at http://www.hondata.com/ they dont seem to list the accord euro as a supported model.... only accords till 02....

EuroDude
12-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Yep also make sure u get the 6MT since the 5AT is 1.2sec slower to 100km/h (7.8 vs 9.0)

LordOfSchnitzel
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Yep also make sure u get the 6MT since the 5AT is 1.2sec slower to 100km/h (7.8 vs 9.0)

Slowly for the new guy please. 6Mt from where who what? I dont understand what you are telling me and where I can find it.

Chris_F
12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
theres actually a reflash being developed for the honda accord euro, search for "hondata accord euro" and you'll no doubt find something about it. should be out withing a month.

6mt = 6 speed manual transmission
5at = 5 speed automatic transmission

BiLL|z0r
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm starting to doubt the auto 0-100 specs these days since my stock auto did 111.8kw on he dyno, very close, if not more than some manuals. I personally think it's in the 8's.

TypeG
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
I'm starting to doubt the auto 0-100 specs these days since my stock auto did 111.8kw on he dyno, very close, if not more than some manuals. I personally think it's in the 8's.

it is not the matter of how much kw yr car is but how quick u can shift your gears which is one of the key in 0-100

Chris_F
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
^ that's a good point

around a track holding gears in SS mode the auto euro would probably be pretty good :)

ShAwNeX
12-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Take a look at this. There are some mods thats not over the top or too showy.

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/accord/parts/index.html

stephen8512
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi again,

as I mentioned in my intro post, Im planning to get an 07 Accord Euro.

Want to do some homework before so I know what I can and cant do with it.

I'd love to have a go at tuning it just a little, but dont want to go over the top. Im looking for something which can give me a bit more performance when needed and fuel economy when driving 'normally'.
It needs to be understated - i.e. no external mods which attract any kind of attention. I dont want exhaust changes, turbos or different intakes.

I believe, what I am after is a different ECU. Forgive the noobness but I am new to the whole tuning thing. I have read about Hondatas and other things but dont really know the difference.

Ideally I want to have the change made w/o voiding the warranty on the whole car, or at least making it hard to detect that I have made a change at all.

Any pointers appreciated.

gday lordofschnitzel
first and foremost, good stuff about thinkin of getting a euro. its a pretty good car for the price and its quite practical as well as versatile.
second, as chris said, the ECU upgrade seems to be what u are looking for, however, hondata/J-TUNED is taking their sweet time with the ECU reflash but from what i know its almost near completion.

Also, if you plan on purchasing the euro, depending on ur situation of course, purchase the 6MT (6 speed manual transmission) as this has a quicker 0-100 time than the 5AT (5 speed automatic transmission). But it all depends on your lifestyle.

Personally, i don't know if just an ECU upgrade to a stock euro would harvest much benefit in terms of butt dyno. I.E you would not feel the difference as much as you would with, say, a complete I/H/E upgrade (Intake, Headers, Exhaust).

If you say you dont want different intakes, turbos etc, then possibly, you might want to have a look at suspension. rear sway bar upgrade to a thicker one and a front strut bar and a lower arm bar should give you chassis stiffness and less bodyroll when cornering. Also, a spring/shock upgrade or full coilover replacements should be beneficial also for suspension.

hope this was beneficial to u....and good luck with it :thumbsup:

Peekay34
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
had a quick look at http://www.hondata.com/ they dont seem to list the accord euro as a supported model.... only accords till 02....

Go to www.hondatech.com.au

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
it is not the matter of how much kw yr car is but how quick u can shift your gears which is one of the key in 0-100

Its not just shifting gears. You've also got to take into acount the gear ratios that you can get in a manual compared to an auto. You'll find that the manual has better gear ratios for accelleration where as the automatic is a better cruiser.

This isn't to say that either gearbox is crap.

EuroDude
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Another thing is that the 0-100km times are with two adults in the car (from what i've been told).
The times are increased even more with only the driver in the car, and then again if you power-shift with the 6MT. So its possible the 6MT can do around 7.0sec

Chris_F
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
powershifting is bad tho... bad bad bad

a 4 door family car with a 4 cylinder doing 0-100 in anything under 8 seconds is impressive enough for me :)

euro77
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM

the euro in US is called Acura TSX. They list it on their US site, but remember that the engine is slightly different with ours, hence it may be incompatible. Visit http://www.hondatech.com.au for the Australian version. see the thread in this section on Hondata reflash, it's been a long wait but I think will worth it.

EuroDude
12-02-2007, 06:16 PM
^ u need to mod the intake and exhaust to get some decent gains, otherwise its not really worth upgrading the ECU

and yeh powershifting can be nasty, ive only done it twice, both were clean thankfully :p

JasonGilholme
12-02-2007, 06:22 PM
powershifting is bad tho... bad bad bad

a 4 door family car with a 4 cylinder doing 0-100 in anything under 8 seconds is impressive enough for me :)

Yeah this is true.

It'll probably do 7 seconds to 100 but how many times could it withstand that beating?

TypeG
12-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Its not just shifting gears. You've also got to take into acount the gear ratios that you can get in a manual compared to an auto. You'll find that the manual has better gear ratios for accelleration where as the automatic is a better cruiser.

This isn't to say that either gearbox is crap.

I do mention ONE OF THE KEY =)

maybe the weight of the driver too =)

LordOfSchnitzel
14-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for all your help guys