PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

hormone
12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi,
can you get Brighter high beams for a new VTI 07 civic??
its just if i get for lights down below, then i want more light on high beam.

kid_dynamite
12-02-2007, 10:45 PM
If it's the same as the 06 which I'm pretty sure, you should have
HB4/9006 Low Beam
HB3/9005 High Beam
for your bulbs.

Personal recommendation is to get a set of Narva Plus 50s, which are available in both sizes. They offer more light and range, with no increase in heat.

There are alternative brands but that's just what I recommend. You can pick them up from most Auto stores (Autobarn, Repco, Supercheap, etc).

hormone
13-02-2007, 09:29 AM
can you also get Xenon globes?? will they be better?? and if so, then are they stupidly expensive???

kid_dynamite
13-02-2007, 09:41 AM
You cannot fit true xenon globes unless you fit a HID kit which will cost around $300-600 (or more). Tthey tend to produce a lot of glare for other road users.

However, bulbs like the Narva ones I mentioned above, are halogen bulbs that use xenon as a filler gas together with a more tightly wound filament. This results in brighter light and it projects further.

I strongly suggest you try them out. Won't cost more than $20-40 and if you don't like it, then perhaps consider a HID kit.

gerard
13-02-2007, 10:40 AM
I've fitted philips Vision Plus on the lowbeams ad philips rally on the highs(rallys are the brightest available but have shorter life span but hey how often will you be on highs anyhow)
Narva I think are Philips aftermarket company?