PDA

View Full Version : bendix part number (brake pads)

marabaan
13-02-2007, 10:14 AM
i have a jun96 ek4 vtir honda civic and im looking for some bendix advance brake pads
the only prob is that im cant take the pads off to take it into the shop to match it up with anything

i have looked on the bendix site but cant find the right one
i have called up honda and the OEM part number is 45022s04v02
and that number dont match up with anything on the bendix web site.
i have called up bendix and the "clown" on the other end of the phone was looking at the same page i was

and i dont want to pay 130 for some pads from honda.

could anyone help me find the right brake pad

JasonGilholme
13-02-2007, 10:26 AM
For starters the part numbers between the two companies will be different.

They should have alisting for a an EK Civic. If they can't even make a listing properly what makes you think they can make brake pads?

Tip: Don't buy from clowns. :thumbsup:

EuroDude
13-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I found that the Honda pads last much longer and bite better, so its worth paying extra for the OEM pads imo.

But anyway, just go to a Repco Store and specify your civic model, and they will get you the right ones.

marabaan
13-02-2007, 11:11 AM
yeh i have called repco and they told me to bring in the old pads so they can match it up..

its like no one goes off part number they need to look at match it up to c if it fits

EuroDude
13-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Yeh they do have a parts list and can match the correct pads, but sometimes the database is incorrect, possibly because Honda changed the pad design on that model at some stage. Its best to bring urs in to be sure it fits.

mrwillz
13-02-2007, 11:48 AM
well on my ek1 and mates em1 99 we both bort advance bendix same model
they are exactlyl ike oem
model from bendix we used : DB1286
hope that helps

VtirCivic
13-02-2007, 01:18 PM
i recommend you to get bendix unltimate!

marabaan
14-02-2007, 08:36 AM
yeh i think im going to have to go with the bendix Ultimate coz after replacing my pads on the side of the rd next to this spare parts place with some really cheap ones.
and then driving about 50km mostly down hill... and then to find that when i needed to stop at the lights that my brakes had turned into jelly coz it was to hot.

i guess u got wat i paid for...