PDA

View Full Version : Honda to recall 45,335 Civic hybrids

clayton4115
13-02-2007, 03:42 PM
HONDA Motor has recalled 45,335 Civic hybrid cars globally to fix a faulty voltage converter that could cause a short circuit and stop the engine.
No accidents have been reported from the defect, a Honda spokesman said today.
The total includes 31,123 units to be recalled in the United States and 7219 in Japan.
The recall would cost about 5300 yen ($56) per vehicle in Japan, the spokesman said. At that estimate, the recall would cost roughly $2 million globally.
The free repair covers 2006 model year Civic hybrids built between September 2005 and September 2006.

tan18d
13-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Where were these things made? were they made in thailand like our current civics?

panda[cRx]
13-02-2007, 07:53 PM
i don't know why news sites post this, and why people bother posting it on here.

most of the recalls reported have very little affect on the australian market.

recalls are more common than people think. there are recalls on ALL the current range, and most likely most models that other manufacturers produce. they are usually done with very little fuss during servicing at no cost to the customer. i really dont see what the fuss is about when people post this stuff

all customers with 'campaigns' (ie. recalls) are notified by honda australia via a letter informing them to get the recall carried out at their dealer. dealers also check every honda vehicle that is worked on for any outstanding 'campaigns' and carry them out or they get in trouble from honda aust lol

yourfather
13-02-2007, 08:08 PM
one good reason to get your car looked after @ a dealer.

ShAwNeX
14-02-2007, 07:41 AM
It's an international recall for the 2006 models only.

The problem is when someone puts extreme weight on the rear seats which "MAY" cause the battery to short circuit. Honda claims that it's a very simple rectification.

"The fault lies with a cover over the DC-DC converter cable, which is part of the sophisticated electronics controlling the hybrid's electric motor that does most of the work to drive the Civic."

"Honda does not yet have supplies of the part needed to fix the potential problem, but owners will be contacted when the parts are available."

ANYWAYS, THE TOYOTA PRIUS HAD ENGINE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS TOO. SO NO BIG DEAL. HONDA REPUTATION FOR MAKING TOP QUALITY CARS AIN'T LOST.

clayton4115
14-02-2007, 08:47 AM
yea i agree only a small minor problem,

its not like they need to recall the car cause the engine is faulty or the tranny is faulty, those i consider major things and would dent the honda reputation of reliablity and durability.

:thumbsup: