PDA

View Full Version : CCoast/Syd Amp repairer -recommendations needed-

Rasputin
13-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I had my 5-channel Memphis Belle amp die on me, and since they don't have an Australian distributor, I can't send it to the manufacturer without expensive overseas shipping (it's big and heavy), and so I need to find someone who can work on amps without having access to wiring diagrams etc.

I know it's an issue with the amp itself as swapping it out with another showed me the wiring wasn't the issue, and upon reinstallation of the Memphis Belle amp I was left the same as before. With the protection light slowly fading in and out while sending a weird 'psschew' pulse through my speakers.

You might say I'm just better off buying a new amp, but I'm not giving up a amp that goes this hard and looks this good without a fight. Also I'm halfway through making a custom enclosure using this amp, and i'd hate to throw that work away.

RMS Ratings: 75X4 @ 4ohms / 115 @ 2ohms
+ 300x1 @ 4ohms / 600x1 @ 2ohms / 1100x1 @ 1ohm :thumbsup:

If anyone can give me a recommendation of a place you know of in either the Central Coast or Sydney areas, I'd really appreciate it. If you have any idea of the kind of costs involved, that'd be great too.

ICACHA
14-02-2007, 07:46 PM
cost would be determined with what has to be repaired by it, but you most certainly can take it to Precision Car Audio Engineering in Carlton, we have a tech that can fix almost anything :)

Rasputin
15-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey mate, I might take you up on that. No idea if you'd know, but can they give a rough quote upfront? Or is it something that you don't know until it's done?

Fhrx
15-02-2007, 08:01 PM
cost would be determined with what has to be repaired by it, but you most certainly can take it to Precision Car Audio Engineering in Carlton, we have a tech that can fix almost anything :)

Hey George, I have a dead amplifer that might challange your crew. Can I bring her down? She has me stumped...:(

Rasputin
16-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Haha, well if FHRX will take an amp to your guy, ICACHA, then that's a good enough reference for me :P

teaseR
16-02-2007, 09:19 AM
theres a place that does audio in adelaide
but thats useless to u

Rasputin
16-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks anyway teaser, I love spending time with my car, but not enough to get me all the way to S.A.

ICACHA
18-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey mate, I might take you up on that. No idea if you'd know, but can they give a rough quote upfront? Or is it something that you don't know until it's done?

this may sound strange, but the only way techs can give out quotes is if they actually repair the fault, other wise there is no way anyone is able to give a quote not knowing how much time its going to take them or where the fault lies.

and if you dont like how much it costs then the tech un-repairs it and only charges the quote rejection fee.

Rasputin
18-02-2007, 12:52 PM
No that makes plenty of sense. I mean you don't know if it's fixed until it's working again.

I just wanted to know that I wasn't gonna be stuck with a $700 bill or something and no choice but to pay it.

What kind of turnaround time do you guys have, like 2 weeks, a month generally? I'll be starting uni soon but I'll bring it round sometime on one of my days off/lunchbreak

ICACHA
18-02-2007, 08:48 PM
generally its a 10 working day minimum, just depends on how busy the techs are.