PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Civic Sport Questions

sakinah
13-02-2007, 07:13 PM
I am about to buy my first new car and the civic sports looks great for me. Just some questions:

1. can you open the boot via the keys
2. i read somewhere it comes with boot tray as well, is that right?
3. which colour would you reccomend?
4. the dealer i went to today had a demo 4000 km. What would be a good price to pay for it? its in misty violet

i ask many questions to the dealer and he had no idea, so thought it would be better to ask you experts

thanks
sak

panda[cRx]
13-02-2007, 07:46 PM
1. yes with key, however not via the key remote. there is no button on the boot lid either (like the euro)

2. do you mean boot tray or boot liner?

3. silver moss/sparkle gray. black looks hot in the showroom but just means scratches and swirl marks in real life so STAY AWAY

4. how much were they asking? i don't think you'll be able to bargain them down as the civic is still in very high demand. one of the reason's they'd be trying to sell the demo is IT'S AVAILABLE

Shimian
13-02-2007, 08:36 PM
You cannot get Silver Moss for the 07 model.
With the demo car, the most id pay for it is the price of the car without the stamp duty, gov charges, rego. There is a silver moss for sale in Melbourne. $30k - 6,000km - tinted windows - honda road side assist etc. This could be a guide. Search around in carsales to get an idea of what the demo goes for. Not a bad price considering you cannot get the colour any more

panda[cRx]
13-02-2007, 08:50 PM
^ that is why i said sparkle gray.... same shit :)

Shimian
13-02-2007, 10:17 PM
unfortunately sparkle grey doesnt appeal to me. Theres nothing sparkle about it. Wish they had the Mugen blue colour.

aaronng
13-02-2007, 10:23 PM
You cannot get Silver Moss for the 07 model.
With the demo car, the most id pay for it is the price of the car without the stamp duty, gov charges, rego. There is a silver moss for sale in Melbourne. $30k - 6,000km - tinted windows - honda road side assist etc. This could be a guide. Search around in carsales to get an idea of what the demo goes for. Not a bad price considering you cannot get the colour any more

I always wonder why people still go for the Civic Sport manual when a manual base Euro is about the same price drive away (Euro has free on roads, 1 year free comprehensive and 5 year warranty).

Shimian
13-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I always wonder why people still go for the Civic Sport manual when a manual base Euro is about the same price drive away (Euro has free on roads, 1 year free comprehensive and 5 year warranty).

Well its personal taste. Not everyone likes the Euro regardless its the same price. Even if I could buy the top end Euro for the same price as the Civic Sport, id still go for the Civic because I like it.

IAMVTEC
13-02-2007, 10:28 PM
I actually think the white Civic looks very nice. With a very dark tint and some better wheels it is great looking.

But yeah black I wouldnt recommend. For a lazy/busy person the car will only look good for about 2 months.

IAMVTEC
13-02-2007, 10:34 PM

Civic is newer model la. Some people prefer the leather and paddle shifts that come with a top range model.

I agree I rather have an Accord base than Civic sport for same price too but you cant say that. Otherwise why even make top range models, you know. SP23 cost more than base 6, a 335 cost similar to entry level 5. etc....

aaronng
13-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Civic is newer model la. Some people prefer the leather and paddle shifts that come with a top range model.

I agree I rather have an Accord base than Civic sport for same price too but you cant say that. Otherwise why even make top range models, you know. SP23 cost more than base 6, a 335 cost similar to entry level 5. etc....

Can't compare SP23 and 6 because they have the same engine. And 335 has a bigger engine than an entry 525i. If they made a Civic with the 2.4L engine, then it makes more sense not to get the Euro. But now, when comparing Civic to the Euro, even the size is almost the same! (euro is only 10cm longer, 1 cm wider and 1 cm taller).

honest muz
14-02-2007, 09:16 AM
unfortunately sparkle grey doesnt appeal to me. Theres nothing sparkle about it. Wish they had the Mugen blue colour.

Hey, hey, hey!!
Don't knock the sparkle grey. At least it's not purple.

xenfacta
15-02-2007, 06:47 AM
probly want the leather, extra airbags, mp3 stacker, paddleshift etc as well as fuel economy diff (i would get the euro tho)

Nugget02
15-02-2007, 08:10 AM
new model comes with aux input toooooo!!!:thumbsup:

Zdster
15-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Can't compare SP23 and 6 because they have the same engine. And 335 has a bigger engine than an entry 525i. If they made a Civic with the 2.4L engine, then it makes more sense not to get the Euro. But now, when comparing Civic to the Euro, even the size is almost the same! (euro is only 10cm longer, 1 cm wider and 1 cm taller).

While I dont personally disagree with you, the size of the interior cabin does feel a LOT larger in the euro than the civic and therefore is deceiving when driving.

You are getting a bit more of a 'better' package in that it is the top of the line model.

denot
15-02-2007, 02:17 PM
actually everyone i know ask the same question when I bought my Civic Sports (about "why dont u get Euro base instead?" question). For me, Euro is more like a "gentlemen" and "charismatic" car. I was looking for a more "young" & "sporty" looks at the time I bought my Sports. That's why I prefer the Sports at that time... but later when I turn 30ish or when I have my own family, I will 100% prefer the Euro...

^_^

gerard
15-02-2007, 02:27 PM
actually everyone i know ask the same question when I bought my Civic Sports (about "why dont u get Euro base instead?" question). For me, Euro is more like a "gentlemen" and "charismatic" car. I was looking for a more "young" & "sporty" looks at the time I bought my Sports. That's why I prefer the Sports at that time... but later when I turn 30ish or when I have my own family, I will 100% prefer the Euro...

^_^

Hmmmm, that explains why I hankered after a Euro first but as I pass 50, I need to feel young again.:p

aaronng
15-02-2007, 02:35 PM

^_^
Hmm, but the Euro is faster, turns tighter and uses the same petrol 10.5L/100km in the city. But for looks, the Euro is for older people. hehehe Civic with Mugen kit is much hotter than the Euro with the Mugen kit.

denot
15-02-2007, 02:37 PM
hehehe Civic with Mugen kit is much hotter than the Euro with the Mugen kit.

Actually... my worst sin is to look @ new Civic Mugen kit before I went to buy one... :p (now you know why I prefer the Sports)

aaronng
15-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Actually... my worst sin is to look @ new Civic Mugen kit before I went to buy one... :p (now you know why I prefer the Sports)

Yeah, my friend has that kit on his black sports. And its HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, burning HOTTTTTTTTTTT! :thumbsup:

denot
15-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, my friend has that kit on his black sports. And its HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT, burning HOTTTTTTTTTTT! :thumbsup:

let me guess... dyljoy? :p

ennavoli
15-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Hmm, but the Euro is faster, turns tighter and uses the same petrol 10.5L/100km in the city. But for looks, the Euro is for older people. hehehe Civic with Mugen kit is much hotter than the Euro with the Mugen kit.

I think this boils down to personal preferences. For me, I prefer the euro's looks with standard OEM skirts/kit. Prefer the sleeper look than fancy kits.
But the latest civic's chasis development seemed to be very aerodynamically designed towards more wind-flow geometry, even more so than the Euro.

aaronng
15-02-2007, 04:08 PM
I think this boils down to personal preferences. For me, I prefer the euro's looks with standard OEM skirts/kit. Prefer the sleeper look than fancy kits.
But the latest civic's chasis development seemed to be very aerodynamically designed towards more wind-flow geometry, even more so than the Euro.

Do you know what is the drag coefficient for the Civic? For the Euro, it's 0.26.

ennavoli
15-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Do you know what is the drag coefficient for the Civic? For the Euro, it's 0.26.

Have no idea mate, perhaps some FD civic technical guru want to shed some light in the drag coefficient for the FD?

This seems to be the area honda is moving towards. Check out the civics from the EG era, then things got heavier with the EK, then even heavier with the ES and now the heaviest civic ever made, the FD. Weight seems to be increasing but body/chasis development seem to have developed with each model.

Honda is an excellent engineering company. You see models getting rounder and fatter but it is just getting more refined.

ennavoli
15-02-2007, 04:27 PM

Read one article which states the hybrid FD is 0.27, should be the same for the normal FD as they share the same chasis?

Some information courtesy of k-series.com: http://www.k-series.com/news_details.php?news_id=60

Quote:
The Civic manages airflow for an approximate 5 percent improvement in coefficient of drag (Cd). Items such as the A pillar, side mirrors, wiper layout and the use of underfloor pans have all been designed to minimize air turbulence. These designs result in enhanced fuel economy and less wind noise. Other measures contributing to reduce wind noise levels include dramatically reducing the width of body seams, mounting glass flush with the surrounding body panels, and using double seals around all doors.

Then again, accord and civic are really 2 different class of cars.

aaronng
15-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Read one article which states the hybrid FD is 0.27, should be the same for the normal FD as they share the same chasis?

Some information courtesy of k-series.com: http://www.k-series.com/news_details.php?news_id=60

Quote:
The Civic manages airflow for an approximate 5 percent improvement in coefficient of drag (Cd). Items such as the A pillar, side mirrors, wiper layout and the use of underfloor pans have all been designed to minimize air turbulence. These designs result in enhanced fuel economy and less wind noise. Other measures contributing to reduce wind noise levels include dramatically reducing the width of body seams, mounting glass flush with the surrounding body panels, and using double seals around all doors.

Then again, accord and civic are really 2 different class of cars.
The reason why I brought this up is because when I was shopping for a car, my alternative to the Euro was a Corolla!!! Interior-wise, the Corolla had the same amount of leg room at the back and width-wise was only slightly smaller. The only things smaller were the windscreen-to-driver distance, the boot and the engine.

The FD Civic should be slightly larger than a Corolla, and after being in one, I reckon the Civic can give the Euro a run for its money, space-wise (except for the slightly smaller boot). It seems as though the only difference is the engine capacity and price!

ennavoli
15-02-2007, 08:16 PM
The reason why I brought this up is because when I was shopping for a car, my alternative to the Euro was a Corolla!!! Interior-wise, the Corolla had the same amount of leg room at the back and width-wise was only slightly smaller. The only things smaller were the windscreen-to-driver distance, the boot and the engine.

The FD Civic should be slightly larger than a Corolla, and after being in one, I reckon the Civic can give the Euro a run for its money, space-wise (except for the slightly smaller boot). It seems as though the only difference is the engine capacity and price!

I like the Corolla Sportivo.. it's quite a nice car actually. It's really a sleeper car with enhanced performance from the normal ascent corollas. Ya alot of people say Toyota are blend and boring, but honestly, they too got a flavour of their own and some (note that I said some) are of exceptional quality.

sakinah
15-02-2007, 10:37 PM
i test drove the civic sports today. I really like it. I was trying to decide between euro and civic. But I think civic will suit me more being female, still young at 25 with no kids yet. Only problem is my husband is very tall and his head nearly hits the roof...hehe. and the leather aint that good in the civic.
I really like the aux in, since i use my ipod a lot and its ready to go. The cockpit design inside looks great but it takes time getting use to the digital speedo. Its good that the rear legroom area is flat. The wheels look hot

IAMVTEC
16-02-2007, 05:31 AM
After been in both, I think the Civic and Accord euro have the similar if not same space inside. Both are more than big enough inside.

xenfacta
16-02-2007, 06:43 AM
having both in the household, there is very little difference. the euro has a little more head room in the back, and the seat is a lil deepter but thats it.

aaronng, u hit the nail on the head, the only diff is engine and price. both beautiful cars, build quality is good (excellent in euro, still making up my mind on the civic - havent had any problems) and both very comfortable.

sakinah, to me it feels like theres more head room in the front of the civic (although the sunroof makes a difference). if ur after features, go for the sports, if u want performance/bigger engine, go euro. if u can afford a euro lux then get that lol.

IAMVTEC
17-02-2007, 09:41 AM

I dont agree, because while Civic Mugen kit is great, I like the Mugen Accord kit as well(just not with the wing).

But yes the kit is a better buy for Civic than Accord. Because for Civic it makes the car much better looking. While for Accord it simply changes the style of car. So w/o kit its classier but with kit its a sportier look.

dyljoy
17-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Ya, Mugen civic looks much better~

sakinah
17-02-2007, 01:19 PM
thanks for your advice guys, so good. I found a second hand Red euro sport 2006, 8000km, has all features of luxury except sunroof for a very good price. Need to decide between that or new civic. Im leaning towards the euro. decisions, decisions, never knew buying a car would be so difficult

aaronng
17-02-2007, 04:11 PM
thanks for your advice guys, so good. I found a second hand Red euro sport 2006, 8000km, has all features of luxury except sunroof for a very good price. Need to decide between that or new civic. Im leaning towards the euro. decisions, decisions, never knew buying a car would be so difficult
How much is that red Euro Sport? The rims on the Euro Sport is enough to sway me over... hehehe...

MKI4EVA
18-02-2007, 12:08 AM
civic suspension suck balls.............euro for the win.