PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Negative Rear Camber. Will Whiteline Camber Kit be Sufficient?

p3p5y
13-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Hi guys,

I recently got my ride dropped on BuddyClub N+'s. It looks great, but I know that I've got quite a bit of negative camber on my rear wheels.

I was wondering, would a whiteline rear camber kit [HERE (https://www.whiteline.com.au/store/default.asp?part=KCA368)] be sufficient enough in correcting such camber? I am quite sure that there is more than 1 degree difference in camber from stock but I'm not confident if the whiteline kits can adjust more than 1 degree to fix the camber up. If not, are there any other recommendations on what I can do?

I'd much prefer to get the wheel back to 0 degrees so that there will be even tyre wear.

Thanks.

EG5
13-02-2007, 11:31 PM
we stock Skunk2 and it can be adjusted to -3 to +3 deg.

p3p5y
14-02-2007, 06:30 AM
we stock Skunk2 and it can be adjusted to -3 to +3 deg.

Have you currently got these in stock at your Padstow store?

Also, is it okay to use whiteline camber kits at the front and skunks2 at the rear? MY camber in the front is not really a problem at all.

Cheers.

mikul_ha
14-02-2007, 09:52 AM
wouldnt a 0 degree camber be bad for your tires when you take turns? i've read you should have a slight negative camber (-1).

yellow-dc2
14-02-2007, 08:30 PM
whiteline will do the job, but i suggest you leave it and enjoy the improved handling that the -camber provides. if you are still worried about tyre wear drive harder and all will be A OK.

yellow-dc2
15-02-2007, 07:21 AM
any1 got whiteline springs?
interested to see how low the flatout range are compared to the control

they can vary between 30 ml and 90ml depends what car

matt
15-02-2007, 07:46 PM
i have flatouts on my car, not to much of a drop, i doubt the controls would have dropped it at all.

haven't tried any other springs in my car but i think they are quite good.

this is my car on 18's with flatouts
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/mattdc5r/My%20Car/Resized_DSCN0907.jpg

DC5TYPER
16-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I got both front and rear whiteline camber kits redy to be fitted this monday morning. Ive been told that the rear will give are an adjustment of 1 degree and the front upto 1.75 degree's.

Judging by the first pic that ur rear is close to my camber which is -2 degree's rear. Car handles very well cos dc5r tend to roll alot on semi slicks cos of its high corning speeds. Bringing the rear back to -1 degree will help with high speed braking control in the rear so it doesnt move around alot which I have experienced in the past.

Ill be tracking the car at Winton on the 24th of this months and ill let you know if the camber difference helped or not in cornering.

Remember whiteline rear camber kit is a bush adjustment($80ish). If you want more then 1 degree adjustment you must get the upper arm camber adjustment. Following brands like, ingalls, SPC, D2 make that sort of upper arm adjuster ($150+ ish).

Muzz
18-02-2007, 08:54 PM
whiteline will do the job, but i suggest you leave it and enjoy the improved handling that the -camber provides. if you are still worried about tyre wear drive harder and all will be A OK.

drive harder if your worried about tyre wear??? lol great advice there....