Mods are--
CAI setup with full mandrel bent piping
4-1 headers
hiflo cat
2.75 inch exhaust
Greddy ultimate piggy back ecu
Cams

Cheers

Any ideas of what else i can do without going internal??

hui
14-02-2007, 09:34 AM
good figure indeed:thumbsup:

wot cams are you using atm?

taizon
14-02-2007, 09:38 AM
hav u got the dyno print outs?

and also wat Cams are u using?
how much did that set u back?

nick
14-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Dyno printouts will be posted shortly and as for cams i am not sure as when i bought the car the owner said it had cams when he got it so i aint sure

But before i had the exhaust and cold air you could tell it had camwork

What are other ppls cars runnin on the dyno??

PaZzMaN-R
14-02-2007, 11:54 AM
WOWZER
great figures there.
are you sure thats the only work thats been done to the motor?

fatboyz39
14-02-2007, 11:58 AM
nice figure.

nick
14-02-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah thats it, car had 117kw prior to g reddy computer
feels like the car needs a bigger fuel pump and injectors see how we go anyway
thanks for your comments keep em coming

nick
14-02-2007, 12:30 PM
dont wanna post another thread so ill just ask you here,
what type ressure should i be running i currently have the stock 15inch tyres but in another brand same width and profile, just need a approx tyre pressure as the car is coming on wheelspin when vtec open up

BlitZ
14-02-2007, 02:11 PM
not bad.. maybe you car has a race motor built in japan with toda killer cams.. but we would never know..

great number dude... sounds like u got yourself a good setup

Benson
14-02-2007, 03:20 PM
nice figure.. doesnt mean much if it doesnt pull some decent times down the quarter mile. Expecting 13's from the amount of power it has.

Goodluck with it

nick
14-02-2007, 03:45 PM
with a slipping clutch it pulls on wrxs and 200sx's from 1st gear and even rolling down the straights on the track
could be taking it to WSID sometime soon but i wanna do the clutch
before the computer was installed it was runnin a late 13, now i should run a 13.6 hopefully fingers crossed

car moves well on road, so shouldnt have a prob runnin a mid 13
with a new clutch.

locote
14-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Sorry to have to ask a stupid question, but if ur clutch needs replacin cause its slipping as you have just stated, then why in post # 8 did u say u get wheels spin when vtec opens up???
They are contradicting comments thats all...

what type ressure should i be running i currently have the stock 15inch tyres but in another brand same width and profile, just need a approx tyre pressure as the car is coming on wheelspin when vtec open up

xtercii
14-02-2007, 04:11 PM
maybe the clutch is not slipping so bad, and when the vtec comes on it still rips the tyre?

Samo
14-02-2007, 04:20 PM
it wouldve been a good idea to tune the car after the clutch ...
as the new clutch would transmit more power to the wheels ... after the clutch the tunning might be out abit?

locote
14-02-2007, 04:41 PM
LOL. i was running a B18c turbo in my EG and with stock clutch it used to just slip..
then when i got a new clutch it didnt slip nor ever did my wheel just start spin when vtec came on...

a very light chassis or a lot of torque is required to just start spinning tyres when accelerating once it hits a certain rpm..
between changes hell yes!!!!
If his clutch is gone what he belives to be wheel spin is his clutch giving way. and if he smells or sees any smoke its coming from under his car not tyres.
once u geta worn clutch hot it take sa while to cool it down and for it to grip

yellow-dc2
14-02-2007, 07:59 PM
been in an EG with f**cked clutch and it spun very slightly when hitting Vtec, he then replaced with extreme clutch and no diffrence still spun on Vtec.

some clutches grap and stay no matter how f**cked they are

My 4WD slips when tacking off from light's but not going up 45 degree hill in high range, figure that one out? i cant.

locote
14-02-2007, 10:45 PM
The cars spinning tyres when they come on vtec must be 500nm monsters!!!!!!!!!

WAW N/A hondas loosing traction when they come on vtec, whos needs F/I when u got this kinda vtec!!!

I WANT SOME!!!!!!!

LOL.

[SDCTVE]
15-02-2007, 08:37 AM
as for other mods you can go for , maybe bigger injectors 440cc or something

if your clutch is slipping dsnt that mean your engine will rev without the wheels spinning?? i dont think its a clutch issue that you cop wheelspin.

i used to get wheelspin in high rev range but since i put bigger rims it dsnt spin much, now it only spins when i change into gear.

my car ran a 13.6 qtr mile runnin 10psi and 145kw atw but i think that was with a civic gearbox...... it will be a good effort if you can get yours doin 13.6

Goodluck with it...nice to see some quick hondas out there ;)

nick
15-02-2007, 09:19 AM
when i smashed through the gears especially 1st to 2nd it wheelspins and i have been told by 3 mechanics that the clutch slips and whilst normal driving it rides out even when i take my foot off the clutch totally.
clutch wasnt that bad so i didnt think it needed replacing till i got the computer and after a few hard drives its gettin bad.
I will tune car again after i get the clutch it dont worry me.

as for wheelspining when vtec comes on its not as if its tearing the tures hard but it looses tractions especially ripping through the gears even 3rd to 4th it will come off traction and then regain itself. due to the big boost in power when vtec comes on and poor quality tyres it tends to turn em

Astro
15-02-2007, 02:14 PM
heya nick..

its theo here...nice numbers lad....where did you get ur car dynoed at? looks like i have to test drive your car again.

[SDCTVE]
15-02-2007, 02:44 PM
go for a extreme heavy duty

yellow-dc2
15-02-2007, 05:11 PM
The cars spinning tyres when they come on vtec must be 500nm monsters!!!!!!!!!

WAW N/A hondas loosing traction when they come on vtec, whos needs F/I when u got this kinda vtec!!!

I WANT SOME!!!!!!!

LOL.

have you ever even been in a well tuned N/A vtec? like nick said its not frying tyres its chirping. read close and think hard and you to might learn something. but by the sounds of it you already know everything.

Felix
15-02-2007, 05:24 PM
have you ever even been in a well tuned N/A vtec? like nick said its not frying tyres its chirping. read close and think hard and you to might learn something. but by the sounds of it you already know everything.

lol classic.

Yes it is possible to chirp tyres with vtec kicking in. I've seen it with a simular setup as the thread opener. In actual fact he had clutch problems too, and it wasn't his clutch that was chirping it was definately tyres...

locote
15-02-2007, 06:03 PM
LOL this thread makes me laugh...
your saying an NA 1.8lt chirps when it comes on vtec..
1st off all if your vtec engagement is at its correct spot you will not feel any sort of KICK as you say..
The motor will rev out smoothly during the change all you will notice is the sound or you engine changing..
If you feel vtec come on then ur actualy reving to high in low cam( power loosing power then it picks up all of a sudden when high cam comes on)
Theres been enough info on this...
If you r vehicle is chirping tyres when it comes on vtec then maybe you should take ur car back to ur tuner and get it retuned.

I have been in a very well tuned vtec.. My with a turbo.
and what u are saying sounds like u got real cheap bald chinesse tyres. or ur tyres are permantly wet.
Cause my turbo B18c never behaved like that!!!

And that would have made ur R look like a matchbox car:)

vtec is not a turbo a S/C or a nitrous shot lol

.::F[L]Y::.
16-02-2007, 01:41 AM
impressive times u claimed.... high 13's for stock computer is good.

I got 13.6 @101 MPH with my b18c type R in an EG with only bolt ons and hondata s200.

Wat was ur trap speed? (MPH)

Samo
16-02-2007, 02:29 AM
when i smashed through the gears especially 1st to 2nd it wheelspins and i have been told by 3 mechanics that the clutch slips and whilst normal driving it rides out even when i take my foot off the clutch totally.
clutch wasnt that bad so i didnt think it needed replacing till i got the computer and after a few hard drives its gettin bad.
I will tune car again after i get the clutch it dont worry me.

as for wheelspining when vtec comes on its not as if its tearing the tures hard but it looses tractions especially ripping through the gears even 3rd to 4th it will come off traction and then regain itself. due to the big boost in power when vtec comes on and poor quality tyres it tends to turn em

locote - his saying when he changes gears ...

that means ur clutch is awsome !! ... its transfering good power to the ground...

i chirp and hop from 1st to 2nd, chirp 2nd to 3rd and sumtimes 3rd to 4th becoz of an agressive clutch ... its a orc single-plate

locote
16-02-2007, 07:23 AM
FLY are you refering to me??
if u are i ran 13.9 with turbo attached to my B18c.
Best i have done NA is 14.2...
102.xxmph turbo
96mph N/A

SAMO. 99% of cars out there will chirp tyres when changing from 1st to 2nd lol..
even from 2nd to 3rd isnt that special.
but yes your clutch must be good if ur even chirping 1st to 2nd...

nick
16-02-2007, 10:48 AM
heya nick..

its theo here...nice numbers lad....where did you get ur car dynoed at? looks like i have to test drive your car again.

Yeah finally got it all done ran 129.6kw at the wheels, very responsive and no lag down low, yeah well take it for a good drive and then you can take it for a spin when you get your licence back...

and also a message to all who doubt the cars power or its result in losing traction, ill take you for a spin and then you tell me if it loses traction going through gears and also when 1st opens up and vtec comes on, car torque steers and due to uneven roads you will hear the occassional tyre turn

Samo
16-02-2007, 12:43 PM
locote we're talking abt 3rd to 4th if u cant read
and ur turbo musta been a lil garden snail if it only lower ur et by .3 of a sec

Samo
16-02-2007, 12:54 PM
plus we're only helping the guy out ... as he reckons his got a slipping clutch when it can chirp from 3rd to 4th ... quite unlikely

[SDCTVE]
16-02-2007, 12:54 PM
u put a t3/t4 n only improved it by .3 of a second???

why bother with the time and money then? LOL

id expect ALOT better then that!

i ran a 13.6 with a T28 NON VTEC

[SDCTVE]
16-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Nick - get your clutch checked out again before jumping to conclusions n buying a new clutch, maybe theres something wrong with the way its been fitted, get another mechanics opinion. maybe their sayin u need a new clutch just to rip you off.

locote
16-02-2007, 03:46 PM
SDCTVE maybe i cant run as much boost as your car..
my term speed defenetly did improve but my times didnt.
Cause unlike u guys running N/A the little shirps u guys get are tyre frying smoke when u have a F/I honda...
and now i know vtec + turbo = alot of time to get setup correctly.
and i just dont have the patience to do it...
while my turbo set up was running good i ripped many mid 13sec cars to shreads. and kept up with a few high 12sec cars from roling starts.
B18c defenetly has potetial to make power with a turbo but all has a tendency make things go wrong,,,, well thats just my experience..
comes out cheaper to buy a S14, or WRX

todas**t
21-02-2007, 11:00 PM
HEY ALL
Tell me what you think
i recently got my car tuned and it Pulled 130kw at the wheels

Mods are--
CAI setup with full mandrel bent piping
4-1 headers
hiflo cat
2.75 inch exhaust
Greddy ultimate piggy back ecu
Cams

Cheers

Any ideas of what else i can do without going internal??

man that better then a full rebuilt motor and tuned...

string
22-02-2007, 08:30 PM
well thats just my experience..
comes out cheaper to buy a S14, or WRX
But then you have an S14 or a WRX though... Guess you gotta weigh up the negatives :D

RCS 20L
23-02-2007, 01:57 PM
MAybe you should get better tyres, make it stick to the road, then definaly you will notice clutch slip.....

nick
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
MAybe you should get better tyres, make it stick to the road, then definaly you will notice clutch slip.....

yeah i am gettin the tyres done this month some time, i put the type pressure up a touch and it seems as if it sriding but i will get some mechanics to have a look at it

Benson
01-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Got any times down the quarter mile? wats ur trap speed MPH?

IRI
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
But then you have an S14 or a WRX though... Guess you gotta weigh up the negatives :D
ROFLFOFLFOFLFOFLOL:D

Cold Fusion
03-03-2007, 12:06 PM
you could also try buy a fuel pressue regulator if u want to add mroe PSI to ur Fuel intake, it Can help out if u just need that bit more but dont want to have to upgrade fuel pump or injectors...

i hope my car has a read out like that when i get mine tunes, i have crower stage 2's and at the moment untuned its lumpy as a fat womans rolls, but ocne i get the full stand alone ECU im raising the rev limit to 7.8 and ill see hwo i go, my car aint vtec though

totti
04-03-2007, 10:28 AM
post up ur dyno graph please?

mcg
07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

If your car is wheelspinning when vtec comes in then it is your tyres, replace them and the issue should be fixed. you should be running around 30psi front and 32psi rear but that really just depends on how many kilometres to the litre you want because the lower the type pressure -> the higher the drag -> the more petrol used.

As for your later talks of getting a super heavy duty clutch i would probably discourage you from doing this as it will just create more wear and tear on your car and engine mounts etc. i have a clutch in between heavy duty and the stock clutch and it works like a dream. but if you can snap third to fourth gears with wheelspin i would say your clutch is probably alright for now, haha but probably not for too much longer with that driving.

impressive dyno results, good work.

supernatural
09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
dyno graph pls... :)

BlitZ
09-03-2007, 08:38 AM
i always thought a well tuned car looses that vtec kick and wheels shouldnt spin...

u got flat spot?

buzz
09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
well from my knowledge if the clutch is slipin your response of the clutch engaging will be poor and wont engage when you want it too. Also if the clutch was slippin you wouldnt be chirp.

Anyways my thoughts are either the tyres which ppl have already said or your shocks/springs/coilovers. Check the tyre pressure, wheel balance and grip of the tyres first. If thats ok check if your shocks/springs are good as well as if your adjustments to see they have been set to soft or hard. Your shocks try to keep your wheels on the ground so if they are gone your wheels are just running on springs which makes your wheels bounce and loose traction.

i had that on my hyundai accent, just kept wheel spinning all thetime.

anyways hope it helps. :p