PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket ECU's

Jarkz
14-02-2007, 04:19 PM
I have purchased a JDM H22a and trans from a 92-> prelude without the ECU. I was looking into purchasing an aftermarket ECU (Microtech, EMS, Wolf etc) to run the show. Would either of the mentioned aftermarket ECU work well on a H22A or would I be better off tracking down a OEM ECU?

Drew
14-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Probably better off getting a factory ECU and getting it chipped?

Look into Crome, Hondata and Uberdata

yellow-dc2
14-02-2007, 07:03 PM
depends on how much power you want to make, if you want a track car i would go Wolf, if you want to drive to and from work everyday standard, i you want more power down the track stick a piggyback system on it

locote
14-02-2007, 07:15 PM
dont even think bout wolf...
Ive heard its one of the worst PoS to ever be called a ECU

yellow-dc2
14-02-2007, 07:31 PM
crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where did you here this, not one of those "my mate told me" story's is it

Jarkz
14-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Is that from personal experience with the Wolf ECU Yellow-dc2?

Also what OEM ECU will work on my JDM H22A a give the best results (P72 etc)?

locote
14-02-2007, 10:33 PM
LOL i take it u have a wolf in your car yellow_DC2.

Ive done a bit of research and spoke to ppl who tune them and who have experience..
not read MAGAZINES.
Buy a wolf and ull regret it till the day u sell it...

locote
14-02-2007, 10:37 PM
P72 is a SiR-g or vtiR B18c1 c2 ECU.
If u can make it work with your H22, then i suggest get something better like a plug and play ECU intended for the integras..
Y not see if u can get hondata since live east???
only reason i didnt get hondata is cause im in perth..
I chose a PowerFC cause it was PnP.
Ive been told to steer away from Wolf, in some instances the ecu has reset it self and lost all data.( i have been told by a tuner)
U can geta powerFC for the price of a wolf and its 100 times better..

yellow-dc2
15-02-2007, 07:03 AM
i think some people are confused here, we are talking about 2 diffrent systems here. full aftermarket ECU and Factory ECU with piggyback system. as far as full i would go wolf cos there is not much you cant adjust but unless you are going to put the car on a track its just not worth it, and i have herd bad things about the Wolf system, FROM PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THERE DOING.

i dont have a wolf system and i have never owned one, but from my personal experiance of what i have seen in Rally and Track they seem to be the best for fine tuning. that's my personal app

as for a piggy back system there is so many good systems out there
1:GReddy E manage
2:Hondata
3:Apexi power FC
4:Gizzmo

the list continues

locote
15-02-2007, 07:31 AM
HAHAHA...
U know so much hey....
Hondata is not a piggyback
Neither is PowerFC...

Do your self a favour Jarks do ur own research and dont listen to this clown obviously doesnt know what he is on about...

Jarkz
15-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I have done a search on what the OEM H22A ECU codes for a H22A equipted Accord VTI, and a Prelude VTI-R ECU's (Like a P72 is for the B18c)? Can someone point me in the right direction.

yellow-dc2
15-02-2007, 05:02 PM
HAHAHA...
U know so much hey....
Neither is PowerFC...

Do your self a favour Jarks do ur own research and dont listen to this clown obviously doesnt know what he is on about...

i stand corrected! somehow i thought i was going to get a reply like that when i was writing it. but i wasnt thinking.

i am sorry

locote
15-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Since you are new maybe you should just absorb for a while,
and not make statements like that, that are gona get u flamed and a bad rep..

kid_dynamite
15-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Is that from personal experience with the Wolf ECU Yellow-dc2?

Also what OEM ECU will work on my JDM H22A a give the best results (P72 etc)?

The best ECU for your car is one which your tuner is capable and confident with. It's not really that great if you go out and buy an ECU and then find out your tuner isn't familiar with it / can't tune it / has to learn how to use it.

Go have a chat to a couple of tuners, and see what they recommend.

Hipowerracing
15-02-2007, 10:24 PM
HAHAHA...
U know so much hey....

locote..
sorry dont mean to be rude.. s100 is a chipped ecu, s200 is a piggyback, s300 is a chipped ecu with a harness for you to tune real time...

honda is not piggy back it is a CHIPPED ECU

look at this...
http://www.hondata.com/s100.html = chipped ecu
http://www.hondata.com/s200.html = interface box + chipped ecu (s100)
http://www.hondata.com/s300.html = chipped ecu with harness to use with your laptop.. for interface
http://www.hondata.com/k100.html = chip to put into your ecu = chipped ecu
http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html = more complex chipped ECU (whahaha)

not that it is not good.. but it is not standalone or piggy bag .... IT IS A CHIPPED ECU
people sell the "standalone ecu" with a swap with your ecu..
pretty much means they give you an ECU that is already CHIPPED. In exchange with your stock one so they can chip your ecu. and the cycle goes on and on and on and on....

Hondata is a good ecu, so is power f.c., emanage, ems, wolf, just as long as your tuner knows what he is doing...
people should be shopping for a tuner ;not shopping for a ECU(tuning computer whatever you want to call it..)

Jarkz
16-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info hipowerracing...