PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Head unit to 89 Integra

Koul
16-02-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey guys

I'm trying to wire up this head unit, and from what I gather the white with a blue stripe is the constant 12v. However, I'm not getting any memory on the unit, it resets each time. I'd like to check the fuses, however the car is from japan and the fuse box is in Japanese.

Any suggestions at how I can go about getting this thing working properly? Am I after the wrong wire for constant 12v?

Kiwi
16-02-2007, 09:28 AM
I always thought that blue and white was the remote wire, that switched the HU on and its not the constant 12v.

teaseR
16-02-2007, 09:33 AM
red = ignition
yellow = direct + power for memory
black = ground
blue/white = remote(amp)

Rasputin
16-02-2007, 10:12 AM
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf

^All the wiring info for the teg.^

red = ignition
yellow = direct + power for memory
black = ground
blue/white = remote(amp)

^That information is for the head unit's wires.^

So basically go

White w/blue stripe (or sometimes yellow stripe) to yellow wire on HU
Yellow w/red stripe to red wire on HU
Black to Black on HU
Brown w/white stripe to Blue (or blue w/ white stripe sometimes, depending on whether or not the HU uses remote amp wire, check the manual) on HU

teaseR
16-02-2007, 10:55 AM
^^
but he cant get memory on head unit meaning that his yellow isnt right!!
just connect the yellow from HU to a direct positive source

Rasputin : White w/blue stripe (or sometimes yellow stripe) to yellow wire on HU

Rasputin
16-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I figured it might be coz it's wired wrong. I'll go find out what fuse to check for you now mate.

Koul
16-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I know all the wires are correct as it works fine when the car is on. The red of the HU is doing its job when the car is on, deck works no problem. The yellow (which should be memory) isn't receiving a constant 12V from the battery to maintain settings. Its really throwing me as i've been to install Dr and checked for a white with yellow (doesn't exist on my car, but the white with blue does. But its not working.

Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it.

AusAccord
16-02-2007, 12:20 PM
if all wires arr correctly connected, it may be the battery. you guys may not believe, happened to my CB7, once the battery been changed to high rating, memory works with no problems

Koul
16-02-2007, 12:29 PM
good news, got it figured out. It was a fuse that was blown, just went through and pulled them all.

Its sorted now, thanks again

Rasputin
16-02-2007, 12:50 PM
:thumbsup: Glad to hear it.