PDA

View Full Version : No Spark after leaving Ign Wire off

vtek16
16-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey all,

i was measuring clearences around the dizzy cap last night and to make this easier i removed #1 Ign Wire from the Dizzycap, unfortunatly this morning i forgot to reconnect it and went and started the car, It idled rough for about 5 seconds before it shut off i then tried to restart it but it only cranked and did not start

I then went to the front of the car and started looking at things and slapped my self at my stupidity once i realised it was off , anyway i reconnected it but to no avail - all the engine does now is sit there and crank when the key is turned , i pulled the plug out of the block to check for spark but there wasnt any when crenking..........Damn think iv damaged something

I am running a modified fuse panel and they all appear to be ok , have disconnected the battery for a few min and reconnected it but to no avail

Any ideas please guys

Regards,

Ash

vtek16
16-02-2007, 03:30 PM
dont worry guys ats all working now - seemed to have fixed it self which i like :-)

XB-16-AX
16-02-2007, 04:09 PM
lucky i suppose!!

self fix, shiet wouldnt that make life so much easier..

:)

string
16-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Haha. You should be MOST worried about shit that fixes itself... Always makes me wonder when it's going to break itself again...

ECU-MAN
16-02-2007, 09:04 PM
you may of upset the ICM or coil

XB-16-AX
16-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Haha. You should be MOST worried about shit that fixes itself... Always makes me wonder when it's going to break itself again...

TRU THAT!!! :zip: