PDA

View Full Version : 320mm steering wheel

zerospel
16-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Firstly- sorry if i post this in the wrong forum but this seems pretty basic so i post it here and dont seem to belong anywhere else?

Ok now, Im thinking to get 320mm steering wheel and just would like to hear people's comments on them- good and bad things about having steering wheel this size on track and everyday driving

It is for my civic and I think it would be good to take corners on smaller steering wheel on track days and stuff

I originally wanted 350mm but my stock one is 380mm so the difference isnt that huge

Cheers guys!

tRipitaka
16-02-2007, 01:26 PM
320mm is the best..

but i believe it's illegal ? plus, u'd be removing your airbags to put it in ?

but other than that.. once u go 320mm, u can't go back.. anything else feels like a truck..

IZY-10
16-02-2007, 01:26 PM
got one in my da9 i love it no way i would go back to stock. Alot easier to corner in. Not sure if is my car but you have to use more force to turn makes the steering feel heavy but its not that noticeable.

JasonGilholme
16-02-2007, 01:31 PM
it will feel a little heavier because you have less leverage cause your hands are closer to the centre of the object that your turning.

As for the size, i've got a 320 mm one. I haven't used it yet tho as i'm only using it for track and haven't gotten out there yet.

Issues: Illegal cause its too small(350 is the smallest i believe), and illegal cause it will be removing airbag.

Solution: Install it at the track. Doesn't take long at all and you'll be safe and happy when your on the road.

Samo
16-02-2007, 01:50 PM
might be illegal but havent got in trouble for it yet

its abit heavier but nice and firm ... much better steering feel

not taht bad ... i also removed p/s now with the 320mm wheel .. abit of a bitch at 1st but im used to it now ... quite bearable and fun to drive

JasonGilholme
16-02-2007, 01:53 PM
How od you find the 320mm steering wheel with no PS??

Is it hard to get turning at low speeds when the weight is on the front wheels (under brakes etc)

Drew
16-02-2007, 02:06 PM
32cm is nice had it in my EF8 was a dream to drive it with the smaller wheel

zerospel
16-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Hmmm i wonder why its illegal to have steering wheel a bit smaller? not like its ridiculously small...

What is the fine like? is it just a defect notice?

Has anyone ever get busted for non airbag wheel and for having s/w too small?

tRipitaka
16-02-2007, 02:16 PM
the problem with having a non airbag wheel, is that if u have an accident, ur insurance company won't cover you.. as u are driving an unroadworthy vehicle

panda[cRx]
16-02-2007, 02:16 PM
my momo wheel is like daytona, i think it's like 280mm. i like it but i wouldn;t mind goin back to 320mm. 320mm is a good size.

if you dont have airbags its a good comfortable size option.
you just have to keep in mind u can still get dicked by the cops for the whole lack of padding thing =/

Samo
16-02-2007, 02:18 PM
How od you find the 320mm steering wheel with no PS??

Is it hard to get turning at low speeds when the weight is on the front wheels (under brakes etc)

i like it very much ... esp. in the twisties .. its awsome
its is a bit of a bitch in low speed like in parking lots ... pretty much have to get the car moving b4 u turn the wheel ...

once it is moving is jus like normal but much more firmer and has great feedback ..

my car isnt particullay light .. it is full trim plus all options and sunroof
should be better in lighter eg's

dunno abt the fines ... but shouldnt be much i guess

zerospel
16-02-2007, 02:28 PM
the problem with having a non airbag wheel, is that if u have an accident, ur insurance company won't cover you.. as u are driving an unroadworthy vehicle

I didnt think of that, maybe i should stick with ek9 wheel...

Samo
16-02-2007, 02:35 PM
if u have a ek9 s/w ... definately stick with dat ... i know i would

iced
16-02-2007, 02:46 PM
350mm ftw
320 is too small and defectable

zerospel
16-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone know what size is ek9 wheel?