PDA

View Full Version : Urgentay - Fuel Injectors 88 accord

Riviera
17-02-2007, 08:14 AM
any idea where to obtain fuel injectors from.

My #2 injector is starting to pack a sad.

A20A4

edit - just a thought could it be the computer because after running for a bit it tends to come right????

symptoms - cylinder 2 not operating when revved up sumtimes comes back into play but have to turn car off and back on a couple of times to get it right. its only done this once before that was about 2 weeks ago... so doesnt happen all the time.

Riviera
17-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Update - 1:40pm - sat

swtiched injectors around so not injectors they were disgustingly covered in sut and what looked like oil mixed with dirt and mmmmmm dirt

took dizzy cap off it was alright besides the coil connection outside had a small crack in it. the rotar has a crack in it also

got a new rotar and dizzy cap

the dizzy cap was the incorrect one got another still think its incorrect but havnt tried yet cause having some eats

"thinking" - maybe because the rotar has a crack in it, maybe its wobbling around spinning unbalanced but we'll see

ECU-MAN
18-02-2007, 02:23 PM
a cracked rotor will allow the spark take the easyest way to ground and cause a miss

like you mentioned. rotate the injectors to rule out injector failure.

cracked coil isnt good either. check your leads

Riviera
18-02-2007, 02:28 PM
i have near new leads on it bosch ones new plugs

its not the injectors cause theyve been rotated and found that number 2 was kinda wet so its leaky, maybe because its just not responding to let the fuel through and its sitting there with pressure behind it

could it be the computer?

sumtimes when it kicked in and acutally worked i took the injector lead off and it had the symptom put it back on fixed... im guessing maybe the computer is having problems...? did it on really hot days, or when take gets down low...

but cant just be that the tank was near empty its got a new fuel filter

ECU-MAN
18-02-2007, 02:38 PM
could be the ecu, but unlikely

check the resistance of the injectors, leads and injector ressitor.

make sure your spark plug gap is right.

Riviera
18-02-2007, 03:11 PM
wheres the injector resistor

also what should the resistance be on the injectors

ECU-MAN
18-02-2007, 03:12 PM
probably on the fire wall or one of the shock towers.

take a picture of your engine bay, ill point it out to you

Riviera
18-02-2007, 03:18 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture001.jpg

its naked

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture210.jpg

ECU-MAN
18-02-2007, 04:02 PM
red arrow points to the injector resistor block
green arrow points to its connector

http://b16a2.kicks-ass.net/tech/a20a4-inj-res.jpg

Riviera
18-02-2007, 04:17 PM
thanks man really appreciate ur assistance

Riviera
18-02-2007, 04:29 PM
7V on each

using the yellow as the earth

5 prongs

4x Red with Black Stripe

1x Yellow with Black Stripe

ECU-MAN
18-02-2007, 04:30 PM
measure the resistance in ohms

should be 4 to 7 ohms

do you mean ohms instead of volts.

do your test with the conector unplugged from the car

Riviera
18-02-2007, 04:34 PM
ahh yea 7 ohms mate on the resistor block

and the injectors was like 4 ohms on the first injector and 3.5 i think on the others

Riviera
18-02-2007, 04:39 PM
aiight mate thanks for ur help i'll be back on later gunna go with the misses back to her house for a bit to see her mum

i'll be back on round 7:30 or earlier pzzz

Riviera
18-02-2007, 06:35 PM
im back early car had the problem when i started it to go out but came right after i turned it off and started it again and kept the revs up

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Problem is still occuring

starts engine choke idle as per usual then it drops to 1000RPM, one cylinder stops just assuming its still cylinder 2, cant be injectors cause ive switched 2 with 3. umm after it runs for a bit it comes right or i have to rev it to shit to get it to fire, or i turn it off a couple of times.

really would like this problem resolved, dont want to have to take it to honda cause thats just not cricket..... far to old to be wasting there time lol

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:10 PM
measure the resistance of all your leads.

post up the results

whats the rotor button and dizzy cap status now ??

what is the condition of the coil. you said it has a crack. I belive its an external coil on the A20A4. dont forget to measure the resistance of the coil lead as well.

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:15 PM
coil is ok - well i acutally havnt looked serious at the coil but thats just one source of power i would assume it to be past there. but will look at it 2mora

the lead fromt he coil to the dizzy is ok but the damage is on the dizzy, at the coil lead bit of plastic broke off that shrouds the lead plug but thats been fixed just quick fix till i get a new one which could be a couple days

the rotor is brand new so thats all good

leads well its raining now lol
in saying that when im measuring the resistance of teh leads i do that by just red at one end black at the other?

resistances should be the same on the spark leads or all leads?

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:19 PM
lead resistance will vary depending on lenth. some leads are longer than others.

post yor results here.

and yes you measure the resistance of the leads from one end to the other like you did with the resistor block.

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:27 PM
should get rid of this thing but i want a decent sell so fix first then sell and my trannys rooted i got fully scummed with this car lol wouldnt have got it if my dad was there but i just wanted a car lol

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:39 PM
any idea what this about??
what is it doing lol
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture064.jpg

u can see where it is
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture212-1.jpg

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:41 PM
its job it to stop air from resonating

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:49 PM
im lost lol i better research unless u dun mind explaining to me

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:49 PM
how old is the fuel flter.

looks non gen

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:51 PM
that pipe is not your problem

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:53 PM
fuel filter my dad installed for meh not too long ago only like september maybe, hes a mechanic but has never really dealt with hondas and hasnt been in the game for a while cause hes in spare parts now

ECU-MAN
20-02-2007, 09:54 PM
make sure its installed corectly. follow the flow arrows marked on the filter

Riviera
20-02-2007, 09:56 PM
this problem hasnt been around since then, its kinda recent maybe 7 to 8 weeks. course its installed properly lol

Riviera
21-02-2007, 07:59 PM
yea man checked resistances some unusuals

coil - 2.66
1 = cylinder 4 - 2.39
2 = cylinder 3 - 2.63
3 = cyinder 2 - 4.63 - hmmmm
4 = cylinder 1 - 3.8

im sure it cant be the leads has to be like the #2 injector cable/plug leading back to the computer cause fuel gets to the injector but it must not go through. that explains why there was fuel around the injector... maybe the computer.

ECU-MAN
21-02-2007, 09:18 PM
the leads are ok

4.6k is ok for cyl 2

you can test the ecu signal to the injector by backprobing the injector and measuring the injector pulse width ( duty )

you need to be able to measure frequency with your multi meter.

that will test the ecu.

Riviera
21-02-2007, 09:51 PM
need more details on how to... im so newb. but thats just the way it is lol

umm do i have to do this whilst the problem is occuring, it might come right by the time i check it.

backprobing = placing the red/black probe where and the other?

ECU-MAN
21-02-2007, 10:53 PM
backprobing means puting one probe into the back of the connector at the wire.

for the injector you want to put the red probe on the coloured wire. each injector will have either a red blue brown or yellow. then each injector will have the same colour wire that comes from the resistor block

anyway injector 2 will have a yellow wire, so put the red probe on it.

then put the black probe to ground.

run the car and measure the frequency or duty of the injector. measure all 4 so you can get a comparison

you really want to do the test while the car is playing up so you can prove wheather the signal from the ecu is ok or not.

if the signal from the ecu to injector2 is different from the other injectors when the engine is at a constant rpm and playing up then thier is a god change that the ecu has problems

if the signal is the same then the ecu is ok

Riviera
24-02-2007, 04:13 PM
dont got a multimeter with frequency testing got a second hand dizzy cap from the wreckers gave it a test probl;em didnt occur but imma put it through trial lol if it was the dizzy cap then it musta been some damage i couldnt see, i dunno

while i was there thought id get some door trims seeing as the map compartments were broken got me some good nick ones pretty good condition too and my door handle, door lock and the air con thingys were faded.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture017.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture004.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture020.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u148/Riviera001/Picture021.jpg

thats bout it actually

Riviera
25-02-2007, 12:39 PM
right this problem is occuring too often now, was practically running on 3 cylinders for about 10km cutting in and out then taking off at the lights it would occur

near new leads
second hand dizzy cap - good condition
swapped injectors
no problems with coil as i can see but havnt opend it up or anything...

real hot day today and humid this problem usually does occur on humid and hot days

could be internal?? - ECU

Riviera
25-02-2007, 03:49 PM
changed the second cylinder spark plug back with one of the old ones maybe that was the problem the whole time dunno yet its in it trial stage...

the plugs that i put in were brand new but nothing says that a brand new item/product will never have problems...

conditions that might cause the problem
heat and huminity
heat inside the car..