PDA

View Full Version : integra da9 slanting/crooked

vtegra
17-02-2007, 04:18 PM
hey guys i just noticed on my car from looking at its rear that it is slanting to one side. does anyone know why this is hapening?

TRU32U
18-02-2007, 01:50 AM
ummmmm mayb u got a fat chick sitting on one of the sideS?? lol
ummmm ur sub not in the middle and it weighs up hard??

vtegra
18-02-2007, 08:46 AM
u serious?? a sub is not that heavy and wuld neva do that.. and i dont have a sub

Redteg
18-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Have you hit any major potholes recently? Does it pull to either side when accelerating or braking?

I hit one last year with my passenger side wheel and now my front passenger side sits a bit higher.

I went to a particular alignment shop last week to get my car checked out after I had some bits replaced by another place (my radius rod ended up snapping a couple of weeks ago). He spotted the difference in height straight away as he walked up to the car.

He said it could be a number of things, such as buggered spring, blown shock (on the opposite side I presume) or something major still bent. After checking it all out he said it was none of these.

He said that when he sets up cars he usually sits the drivers side a little higher to account for the driver's weight (I should have asked him what he adjusts to achieve this).

After checking the car out, he couldn't find any problems, so we took it for a decent drive, and he told me it was driving very well. Suggested I get the alignment done when I get new tyres up front if I'm worried about the difference in height.

In conclusion, go to a decent alignment shop and get them to check it out. As a bonus, this guy has a totally flat lift for the alignment machine so no scraping when they try to get low cars up!

vtegra
18-02-2007, 09:17 AM
yeh my car pulls left to right. it does need an alignment though bc it does shake.. but i was lookin at my car from behind and it lenas towards the driver side...

Redteg
18-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Get it professionally checked. Mine leans to the drivers side too but it pulls up straight on braking and accelerating.

Jnr_Mint
18-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah my cars drivers side is lower too, i dunno why my suspension is a lil squeeky and a lil rough over speed humps maybe its jus worn i dunno, but i have the same problem

FR33K
18-02-2007, 01:09 PM
As a bonus, this guy has a totally flat lift for the alignment machine so no scraping when they try to get low cars up!

Please do tell me where !! i cant find a place to do my alignment without taking off my front bar lol

garett
23-02-2007, 03:58 PM
every car is crooked

there arent many which are perfectly simetrical. is due to shocks
wheels tyres wear on the car the ground surface and so on

stop being anal

vtegra
23-02-2007, 05:23 PM
mate its actually noticeable really bad. its like on a 30deg angle

Rasputin
23-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Lol garett, how do you know how severe it is?

crispy
23-02-2007, 06:10 PM
maybe one of your springs is stuffed making it ride too low on one corner?

FR33K
23-02-2007, 10:05 PM
have you tried parking it on a level surface :P

vtegra
24-02-2007, 12:10 AM
omg such a smart ass response...
il just say the suspension is hammered

Redteg
24-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Well mine was measured to be 11mm higher at the front passenger side than the drivers side, which was significantly noticeable.

Although I didn't have a problem with this, any difference in height is significant when it affects the cars handling characteristics, especially in emergency situations such as hard braking. I think anyone would be concerened and be looking to find out what the problem is, especially when it compromises the safety of oneself as well as other road users.

Ultimately, aren't we all a little pedantic or 'anal' when it comes to our cars? After all, we are members of a car forum... which must display some sort of interest beyond the average commuter.

garett
24-02-2007, 07:17 AM
30 degrees is huge, prob not safe to drive

vtegra
24-02-2007, 09:04 AM
ok i was being abit overboard there. mayb 5-10deg.. but it is noticeable.. like when i drive my handling is bad.. the steering wheel will just move to the left or right and its heavy..
especially when i go over little hills/bumps.. and slow down goin down a hill.