PDA

View Full Version : Euro Car Audio Install

Kiwi
17-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Hi all,

Nothing too exciting, but here's a pic of my 4th installation of my comp system from the 90's. They're old Lanzar Optidrive amps and they're about 12 years old.... total power 150watts !! LOL but they kick a$$

Install had to be practical seeing as the Euro is the family car.. so built a fibreglass sub box to hold 1 of my Lanzar Pro 10's. Both rear seats still fold forward independently.

There's a Phoenix Gold EQ up under the parcel shelf. It all runs off the factory HU and a Navone LOC. Some minor hiss at very low volume but not too bad SQ considering.

tony1234
18-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi all,

Nothing too exciting, but here's a pic of my 4th installation of my comp system from the 90's. They're old Lanzar Optidrive amps and they're about 12 years old.... total power 150watts !! LOL but they kick a$$

Install had to be practical seeing as the Euro is the family car.. so built a fibreglass sub box to hold 1 of my Lanzar Pro 10's. Both rear seats still fold forward independently.

There's a Phoenix Gold EQ up under the parcel shelf. It all runs off the factory HU and a Navone LOC. Some minor hiss at very low volume but not too bad SQ considering.
I like the look of the sub box.:cool:

Euro76
18-02-2007, 09:01 AM
I like the look of the sub box.:cool:

Looks like spare tyre cover to me :D
Are you going offroad on your Euro, Kiwi? just jk :D

markasia
18-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Very Nicely Done, Looks Like All Just In One Piece.

Kiwi
18-02-2007, 09:07 PM
LOL spare 4x4 tyre ? :D

The sub box is actually not as 'round' as it looks... heres another pic. I dont think its too bad for a DIY install and first go at fibreglassing.

I've been playing around with the EQ and Amp gains and I can report that the background hiss is now all but gone ... so I can highly recommend the Navone LOC if you dont want to change the HU.

tony1234
19-02-2007, 06:17 AM
LOL spare 4x4 tyre ? :D

The sub box is actually not as 'round' as it looks... heres another pic. I dont think its too bad for a DIY install and first go at fibreglassing.

I've been playing around with the EQ and Amp gains and I can report that the background hiss is now all but gone ... so I can highly recommend the Navone LOC if you dont want to change the HU.
Me too.I've also got the LOC with factory HU.:thumbsup:

tron07
19-02-2007, 11:47 AM
So you manage to get the LOC working already?

Kiwi
19-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep sure did, I was having some problems with background hiss at low volumes but its complicated because I have an EQ with gain settings. So I have gain settings on the LOC, EQ and Amps themselves and needed to play around with it all to get it right. Now that I've got the gains set OK and dont have any background nioise I just need to play around with the 30 band EQ to get it nicely balanced.

Based on what I've got so far though, I'd highly recommend the Navone LOC which you can pick up from less that $50 delivered. It may not give you the higher SQ sound of a top of the line comp H/U but for 99% of people (including myself) it's perfect :)

tron07
20-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I am planing to use the LOC as a aux input and not main source input. Why waste the changer with 5 years warranty :P

Kiwi
21-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Really, how do you plan on doing that ?

The LOC will only convert an existing signal. It wont allow for another audio device to be added. You need the SNHOND3 for that.

And why would using a LOC waste the 5 year Warranty on the factory H/U, it doesnt touch the HU at all other than the speaker wires.

tron07
23-02-2007, 09:29 AM
I am going to use aftermarket HU, and the factory hu/changer will be the aux in source for the aftermarket hu.

Kiwi
23-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Ummm why ? You can get aftermarket HU's that have aux inputs built in, and they will have RCA preouts already, so you wont need a LOC then.

tony1234
23-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Yep sure did, I was having some problems with background hiss at low volumes but its complicated because I have an EQ with gain settings. So I have gain settings on the LOC, EQ and Amps themselves and needed to play around with it all to get it right. Now that I've got the gains set OK and dont have any background nioise I just need to play around with the 30 band EQ to get it nicely balanced.

Based on what I've got so far though, I'd highly recommend the Navone LOC which you can pick up from less that $50 delivered. It may not give you the higher SQ sound of a top of the line comp H/U but for 99% of people (including myself) it's perfect :)
I agree.I've got similar setup as Kiwi.:thumbsup: