PDA

View Full Version : Gear shifting problem with ITR box

xtercii
18-02-2007, 02:29 AM
I have got this annoying problem with my gearbox, whenever I do a fast shift from second to third at high rpm (7500+), I can’t always engage it properly, it doesn’t crunch or anything but it just gets stuck in the middle and I can’t push it up to third. It used to happen like once every 10 races, but it gets more frequent now like more than half of the time I can’t shift 2-3 properly. All the other gears are perfectly fine. Any suggestions? Btw the box is a stock ITR box with ES bushings.

fatboyz39
18-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I have got this annoying problem with my gearbox, whenever I do a fast shift from second to third at high rpm (7500+), I can’t always engage it properly, it doesn’t crunch or anything but it just gets stuck in the middle and I can’t push it up to third. It used to happen like once every 10 races, but it gets more frequent now like more than half of the time I can’t shift 2-3 properly. All the other gears are perfectly fine. Any suggestions? Btw the box is a stock ITR box with ES bushings.

change the gearbox fluid. Might be low oil or old oil.

aaronng
18-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Change the transmission fluid first. Also check that your clutch fluid level is sufficient. If it still has difficulty going in, then your 3rd gear synchro might be worn.

CTR
18-02-2007, 12:50 PM
This sounds like it may be a syncrho problem.

xtercii
18-02-2007, 06:33 PM
synchro is an obvious possibility everyone would say, but gearbox feels really good, not notchy at all in any gear and even when it's cold it's still very smooth and no crunch for reverse at all. Many experienced ppl who's driven it said the box feels fine.

btw new clutch and GB oil were replaced 7500km ago...but might look into that as well.

aaronng
18-02-2007, 06:51 PM
synchro is an obvious possibility everyone would say, but gearbox feels really good, not notchy at all in any gear and even when it's cold it's still very smooth and no crunch for reverse at all. Many experienced ppl who's driven it said the box feels fine.

btw new clutch and GB oil were replaced 7500km ago...but might look into that as well.

If GB fluid was changed 7500km, it should be ok, but check your clutch fluid level. Sometimes a very minor leak can bring the level to just below minimum (and it should be at the maximum level anyway)

TODA AU
18-02-2007, 08:32 PM
What gear oil? You'll get that exact problem if the oil used is too thick...
EG: API GL5, that'll do it.
Gear oil should be GL4

todas**t
21-02-2007, 12:10 AM
castrol syntrix should fix that...