PDA

View Full Version : 95 prelude speakers

FUR30S
18-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Just thought id ask to save pulling my car apart, what size speakers are in the front of a 95 lude. There are two in the doors guessing 6" and two in the dash guessing 4". Thanks in advance for your help..

J2daW
18-02-2007, 06:14 PM
hey they're spilts. 6" (not 6.5") but i've got 6" coax in the doors and i squeezed 4" in the dash, just sittin in tight, no screws. u gotta get the right size, i'm using alpine type s, check the magnet size and make sure they not 6.5"! fairly easy install, dash ones are just clips in the cover and the door has screws in the door handle, pull handle and a couple where the door closes and meets the kick panel. pull clips from the bottom. good luck!

S92
19-02-2007, 01:51 AM
hey they're spilts. 6" (not 6.5") but i've got 6" coax in the doors and i squeezed 4" in the dash, just sittin in tight, no screws. u gotta get the right size, i'm using alpine type s, check the magnet size and make sure they not 6.5"! fairly easy install, dash ones are just clips in the cover and the door has screws in the door handle, pull handle and a couple where the door closes and meets the kick panel. pull clips from the bottom. good luck!

You CAN fit 6.5" speakers in the door panels - I've got it in my lude - requires a little modification but is piss easy. Dash ones are actually for tweeters and would be better with tweeters in there - 4" speakers fits but doesnt sound as good as a proper front split system - learnt from experience.