PDA

View Full Version : 93 integra tacho

Integrafull
18-02-2007, 09:27 PM
hi, im posting this for a mate of mine, who recently bought a 93 integra. i know nothing about them and he just bought a tacho for it and was wondering on where to wire the tacho signal wire to? have done a search but came up with nothing. any help would be wickid.

cheers,

Assault_Cow
18-02-2007, 09:30 PM
take out the gauge cluster. the wire is blue with silver stripes on it leading into the back of the gauge cluster, splice it and tap into it. I have been told its not as 'accurate' due to the excessive length of wire (instead of tapping into it right near the distributor), but i have done it this way and it seems pretty on the mark.

link:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=367

IZY-10
19-02-2007, 11:52 AM
or you can just run a new signal line straight from the distributer cap. from memory it is the blue wire!

Assault_Cow
19-02-2007, 04:58 PM
does this involve going through the wirewall to under the bonnet?

IZY-10
20-02-2007, 11:17 AM
does this involve going through the wirewall to under the bonnet?

yes but it is easy as. Takes about two minutes to get through the fire wall. The best way to get it through the firewall is to pull it off the wall (which is situated next to the powersteering). Feed the signal line through the loom then through the firewall. Once that is done get a bit of detergent and rub a bit on the loom so you can slip it back onto the firewall.